2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Today

B. Roethlisberger 38/46 503 Yards Passing So far. He's got a shot.

In case you're wondering:

1. Norm Van Brocklin+ 554 Los Angeles Rams vs. New York Yanks, September 28, 1951

2. Warren Moon+ 527 Houston Oilers vs. Kansas City Chiefs, December 16, 1990

3. Matt Schaub (31) 527 Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, November 18, 2012

4. Boomer Esiason 522 Arizona Cardinals vs. Washington Redskins, November 10, 1996

5. Dan Marino+ 521 Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets, October 23, 1988

6. Matthew Stafford (23) 520 Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers, January 1, 2012

7. Tom Brady (34) 517 New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins, September 12, 2011

8. Phil Simms 513 New York Giants vs. Cincinnati Bengals, October 13, 1985

9. Drew Brees (27) 510 New Orleans Saints vs. Cincinnati Bengals, November 19, 2006

10. Eli Manning (31) 510 New York Giants vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, September 16, 2012

11. Vince Ferragamo 509 Los Angeles Rams vs. Chicago Bears, December 26, 1982

12. Tony Romo (33) 506 Dallas Cowboys vs. Denver Broncos, October 6, 2013

13. Y.A. Tittle+ 505 New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins, October 28, 1962

14. Elvis Grbac 504 Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders, November 5, 2000

15. Ben Roethlisberger (27) 503 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers, December 20, 2009

Of course, Indy's defense can't do squat to stop Pittsburgh...

No defensive line. I got sucked into this shit listening to people. The only two games I was off on are Indy and Houston. I did feel this morning that Houston would win but I did not want to go through the crap of making a change. \And I cant stand them after they screwed me last monday against these Bumble Bees who I loath. Great day for the Bills and that means the most to me.

Pittsburgh going for this. I hope Indy can pull a miracle and stop them. But their line stinks.

Just saw the highlights, still can't believe that pass interference call on Steve Smith that cost the Ravens the game. Fucking refs.... :angry:

I have not seen any highlights of that game but I do wish to. I want to know how Cincy can be so good one week and so bad the next. I am playing Eliminator and am 8 for 8. I have made picks in advance now to try and gain an advantage in the schedule. If anyone else is playing do tell. This week Cincy and Seattle look like the "stone cold locks". Once you use a team, you cannot use them again. Green Bay is getting the wood put to their ass's. Not the team they were. Detroit is the team in that division. They have waited a long time, but they have arrived as the best team in the Black and Blue

Great game for the Bills, LZFan! I just watched parts of it last night and they played like a team driven.

How much longer before Rex Ryan is fired? I can't see him hanging on for the whole season.

He seems to be a good coach in general. He did do things early on that were eye opening, getting them deep into the playoffs and such. Is it his fault or the GM? I heard a local on the radio last week saying he went into a small diner off 81 that runs a long way from Canadian border all the way through NY to Penn. Rex Ryan was in there and talking to little old ladies and I hear he is a very likable person. I know that does not translate into keeping an NFL job, but he seems to deal with people well. He did go off the deep end and needed two coaches to hold him back from getting at the refs. In fairness I think it was a stupid make up call by the refs. They hit us with a 15 yard celebration call after a TD and they flagged the Jets for a personal foul 15. Seeing the replay, they blew it. Rex had good reason to complain. It would not have changed the outcome. We exposed both of their QBs. Big time. Our front line is going to give alot of teams trouble and you can put Denver on that list. Get ready Peyton. Super Mario, Dareus, and K Williams. There was word a few weeks ago that Kiko Alonso was coming along ahead of schedule and a week 10 or so return is not beyond the realm of possibility. I sure hope so. Now we have a bye with a 5-3 record that is worthy of wild card placement right now. And we are right there with NE and they have a brutal schedule upcoming. We have KC next at home. It will be far tougher than I first thought when I saw the schedule in July. They have been great. We have our hands full. They get the Jets at home next week. Close to a lock I would think? Halfway through the season, we are not buried.

Rex Ryan definitely seems to be hampered by his personnel or lack thereof--I won't say he's not a good coach, after all he did take the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games--but when your best options at QB are Geno Smith and 90 year old Mike Vick, added on to the fact that you have very little weapons on offense and even the defense is lacking a bit, the results are not going to be pretty. I'm sure Rex will get a head coaching gig somewhere else--the question for this year is does he get whacked midseason or do they let him hang on for the rest of this miserable season.

And on another note, I would say the Pats have a shot next week--I'm not saying they are going to win, but the game is in Foxboro and they did win over Denver in that same locale last season, so I think it will be a game...

Rex Ryan definitely seems to be hampered by his personnel or lack thereof--I won't say he's not a good coach, after all he did take the Jets to 2 AFC Championship games--but when your best options at QB are Geno Smith and 90 year old Mike Vick, added on to the fact that you have very little weapons on offense and even the defense is lacking a bit, the results are not going to be pretty. I'm sure Rex will get a head coaching gig somewhere else--the question for this year is does he get whacked midseason or do they let him hang on for the rest of this miserable season.

And on another note, I would say the Pats have a shot next week--I'm not saying they are going to win, but the game is in Foxboro and they did win over Denver in that same locale last season, so I think it will be a game...

You would think so. I am going to pick Denver. Historically, Denver owns them. Elway never lost to New England. Ever. Its one of those matchups where one team has the others number for some reason or other. Detroit used to have a hex on the Rams, and Atlanta on Chicago. That type of thing. So how good do you think the Dolphins are? They took care of business in Chicago, and then beat Jacksonville like they were supposed to. The Bill's are there on a Thurs night special in 3 weeks. I wonder if my cousins in Hollywood will be there? Miami fans all. Oh, and one of the kids likes the Jets. I'll bet he is licking his wounds this morning. It sure was nice to go in there and smash them

Lucky ass Seahawks.

Not really. I watched it and they had numerous opportunities to take over that game, weird stuff kept happening. That Arizona/Philly game was something to watch! Dallas has Arizona at home next week. Hope your niners got their heads together during the bye week, redrum.

Between work and the Dylan concert, I didn't get to see much football yesterday. But what I did see made my head swirl. Going thru the scores now and figuring out everyone's picks, I can't believe some of these games.

And schizophrenia seems to be running rampant in the league...how else to explain the bizarre week-to-week behavioral changes of teams like Cincinnati, Houston, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, San Francisco?

Pittsburgh needs to burn those godawful ugly Bumblebee uniforms. Now!

And another week where referees made some head-scratching calls.

Between work and the Dylan concert, I didn't get to see much football yesterday. But what I did see made my head swirl. Going thru the scores now and figuring out everyone's picks, I can't believe some of these games.

And schizophrenia seems to be running rampant in the league...how else to explain the bizarre week-to-week behavioral changes of teams like Cincinnati, Houston, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, San Francisco?

Pittsburgh needs to burn those godawful ugly Bumblebee uniforms. Now!

And another week where referees made some head-scratching calls.

I agree totally. They should wear them door to door and say "trick or treat". Fucking Bumble Bees

Me too.

Go Dallas! Go Raiders! :yay: (Ya never know.)

Oh yeah. I know. I know my Bills will come in there and when we leave the Raiders will wear their ass's on their heads. Gee golly. I cant wait for that there game. Or massacre.

Washington has been a thorn in Dallas's side for so many years no matter what their records. Tonight should be a blowout. But if it isn't, shame on us for not learning in the past.

Archived