What If...

kingzoso

You happened to come face to face with Jimmy Page or Robert Plant or John Paul Jones and asked Them if you could shake Their hand and thank Them for all Their Great and Brilliant and Timeless Music that They have given to You and the rest of the World and They happened to snub or ignore you?

Would that incident change any of Your notions, perceptions, attitudes, etc... of Them?

Unless you ran up to them like a maniacal fanboy. Yes, l'd expect them to say hi and yes shake your hand.

I know people who have met them and they were very friendly, polite and pleasant towards them.

They deserve their privacy as much as any of us regardless of whether they are "public property" or not.

If I did meet them and they happened to ignore or snub me, nothing would change my opinion.

I wouldn't judge them, you'd just be another one. They've done their part in the music business, and a little bit more, so if they choose to ignore a fan over the other millions they already have because they feel tired or simply didn't care at the moment, I wouldn't mind. Wouldn't change the way I feel about Zeppelin.

They need to have their privacy respected. If I encountered one in a public place I wouldn't bother them. If I did meet one in a "natural" setting I would talk to them about something other than music; maybe antiques, or Celtic history, or London real estate, or whatever. It's amazing how open, friendly, and accessible all three have been with their fans over the years. Each one has undoubtedly been approached by many thousands of strangers asking for handshakes, autographs, photo opportunities, etc; or strangers attempting to engage them in long, boring conversations, etc. Despite this, they always seem to remain friendly and polite--it's impressive.

I would not mix Music emotions with personal experiences.

Some artists are real strange. Some are fed up with everybody staring at them.

It is a gamble to Approach them.

I was completly obsessed by Jimmy and he freed me because

he fucked off when I wanted to meet him.So after that I concentrated on my own life

still enjoing his work.

IT was a very very great day when Robert shared his time and (most of his )

thoughts with me.But I know a fine Lady that he ignored too.

I know alot of People want to get a Close look at their personality but i GUESS THEY

WANT TO SPEAK THROUGH THEIR MUSIC AND MOVIES (TSRTS)

Hi, would you possibly share with us more details of what happened on both of these occasions.

I was completly obsessed by Jimmy and he freed me because

he fucked off when I wanted to meet him.So after that I concentrated on my own life

still enjoing his work.

IT was a very very great day when Robert shared his time and (most of his )

thoughts with me.But I know a fine Lady that he ignored too.

I

I had the opportunity to meet both Page & Plant though at different times. I met Jimmy Page in 85' in Phoenix, right before the Firm gig. He was staying at a local hotel and my friend who worked thee called me when he spied Jimmy in the bar. I got my ass over there but quick, found him and fostered up the courage to say hi. Needless to say this 17 year old (at the time) was in heaven, Jimmy was friendly, articulate, and an overall joy. We first talked music and then quickly went into Crowley, Thelema, early Christianity, and of course Madame Blavatsky. Jimmy seemed very happy to talk to someone who like himself was a true seeker and could talk the subject with intelligence and knowledge. We talked for about 45 min and would have talked longer were it not for Paul Rogers showing up, giving me the stink eye, and pulling Jimmy out of the bar. I really can't blame Paul though as he seemed genuinely concerned about Jimmy and the possibility of him drinking too much. However during our conversation he only nursed one drink.

Anyway, he was great.

Now Robert, what a fucking prick!!! Just kidding, he was great too when I met him about four months later. Very funny and very nice, we talked mostly history which seemed his main interest.

That which I find most interesting is the differences in personality of both. Jimmy is quiet, shy, almost coquettish in nature, very funny in a warm way and a very good listener. I tell you this, whatever you say to Jimmy he pays 100% attention to you, very galant yet very intense.

Robert is a typical Leo, magnetic, lyrical, intelligent and welcoming. The difference I found is Robert is very open and warm, just a burst of natural energy. Jimmy is intense, methodical, and funny in a joyful, playful kind of way. I did not feel any darkness or foreboding from him at all. Robert is the life of the party, Jimmy on the other hand is more like your best friend.

I met Rob just on the street and asking for a talk he said yes. He spend more than 1 hour

though he was busy. He was very nice and open minded.

For me it was more than a talk but a mystical Initiation.

I met Jimmy eye to eye but he let me down.

It was a helpfull Horror because after that I took the hammer in my Hand completly.

It was early 80th and he was not very strong too. -not mindblowing solo Projects.

That prooved me caring for my own strength.

Bringing devine energy into my and your life I thank them forever but find it hard to give it back.

Sadly I got to agree with Rob that after 77 it was over, but nobody could take the glory and memories away....

Archived