2014-15 NHL Season

LedZeppfan77

The meltdown at the end may be very tough to overcome emotionally, especially when you are the big underdog to begin with. You just cannot give a game away like that when you worked so hard to get there. This young coach, who I like alot, has his hands full.

I feel asleep and didn't see the end, I'll have to look it up and see what happened. I'm at work right now.

What a wild 2nd period, right zepscoda??? Good hockey and great idea to back it right up to the Belmont!

I was thinking the same thing about the Belmont. I probably wouldn't have it on if not for that.

It was a fun 2nd period. I guess I'll stick around till the end :)

Good win!

I missed most of the game, I had to run down to the office unexpected. Just got home to see the last 4 min. Why all the golie changes??

Mum is the word on Bishop. But I hear he is likely out of game 3. They can spout off all they want about their confidence about the new guy, I am not buying into it. I say we are looking at a shootout at the OK Coral tomorrow. I will go on a limb. Tampa pulls an upset 6-5

Bishop is in the net tonight! He has made some impressive stops in the first period too! Tampa has to play smarter, too many penalties - and more that should've been called too! Let's go Bolts!

Congratulations to the Blackhawks! It wasn't the Kings...and it wasn't a Canadian team...but at least it was an Original Six and not the dreary outpost of Tampa. The entire Bishop shenanigans was just another reason to add to my dislike of Tampa.

post-1470-0-25931000-1434475874_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers move Hags and Talbot..... WTF...

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The New York Rangers acquired left wing Emerson Etem and the No. 41 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft from the Anaheim Ducks on Saturday for left wing Carl Hagelin and the 59th and 179th picks.

Etem and Hagelin can become restricted free agents on July 1.

New York assistant general manager Jeff Gorton told BlueshirtsUnited.com that Etem, who is 6-foot-1, 212 pounds and had 10 points in 45 games this season, could be a top-nine forward right away with the Rangers.

"Etem has a lot of different attributes that Carl has, as far as his skating, his explosive skating, he backs up the D really well," Gorton said. "He's a guy that has a history of scoring in junior. He can shoot the puck. He has a physical aspect to his game, he's a pretty strong kid, very fit."

Etem, 23, has 31 points in 112 NHL games, all with the Ducks, who selected him with the No. 29 pick in the 2010 draft.

The Rangers used the 41st pick to select left wing Ryan Gropp from the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League. The Ducks had acquired the No. 41 pick from the New Jersey Devils in a trade that sent forward Kyle Palmieri to the Devils.

Hagelin, a sixth-round pick by the Rangers in 2007, had 35 points in 82 games in 2014-15. He has 130 points in 266 NHL games, all with the Rangers, since making his debut in the 2011-12 season.

"Its always hard (being traded)," Hagelin told the Ducks website. "You have a lot of friends. So many best friends are playing on (the Rangers). They have a lot of promising players. Theyre going to be close to making the Stanley Cup every year. I loved the organization. They treated me well since Day One."

Hagelin expects to sign with the Ducks.

"They traded for me, so they know what my needs are," he said. "I dont think my agent and the Rangers really talked in terms of a contract extension. Maybe the Rangers saw others guys who signed, and what they signed for, and maybe they werent able to keep me. Im hoping to get a deal done soon with Anaheim. Im happy Anaheim traded for me."

The Ducks selected Finnish center Julius Nattanen with the 59th pick and goalie Garrett Metcalf at No. 179.

Here's the story on Talbot...

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Edmonton Oilers acquired goaltender Cam Talbot and a seventh-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft from the New York Rangers on Saturday for three picks.

"I feel like I've put myself in a pretty good position," Talbot told the Oilers website. "I feel good physically and mentally where I can come in and play well. It's going to be a battle between Ben [scrivens] and I, and I'm ready for the opportunity to compete."

The Rangers received picks Nos. 57, 79 and 184 in the 2015 draft. The Oilers got the No. 209 pick from New York.

"Cam has worked hard throughout his whole career and has pushed it," Oilers coach Todd McLellan said. " ... We believe that weve got a goaltender that will continue to improve, and its our job to make sure we help him do that."

The Oilers had been in the market for a goaltender because of uncertainty at the position. Talbot was 21-9-4 with a .926 save percentage and 2.21 goals-against average in 36 games this season, including an 8-3-1 record with a .946 save percentage and 1.66 GAA in March, when he was filling in for Henrik Lundqvist, who was out with a vascular injury in his neck.

"I knew Edmonton was one of the most interested parties in the negotiations, so I had a pretty good feeling it would be Edmonton," Talbot said. "I'm very excited for the opportunity to come in and hopefully play a few more games this year. It's going to be a lot of fun to battle with that."

Talbot is 33-15-5 with a .931 save percentage and 2.00 GAA in 57 NHL games. He became Lundqvist's full-time backup early in the 2013-14 season.

"Playing behind a guy like [Henrik] for a couple of years, you just get to learn a few things and maybe pick up a thing here or there, but no matter how well you play, when youre playing behind one of the best in the world its hard to advance," Talbot said.

After the draft, the Rangers acquired goaltender Antti Raanta from the Chicago Blackhawks for minor-league forward Ryan Haggerty to replace Talbot.

Here's the story on Talbot...

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Edmonton Oilers acquired goaltender Cam Talbot and a seventh-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft from the New York Rangers on Saturday for three picks.

"I feel like I've put myself in a pretty good position," Talbot told the Oilers website. "I feel good physically and mentally where I can come in and play well. It's going to be a battle between Ben [scrivens] and I, and I'm ready for the opportunity to compete."

The Rangers received picks Nos. 57, 79 and 184 in the 2015 draft. The Oilers got the No. 209 pick from New York.

"Cam has worked hard throughout his whole career and has pushed it," Oilers coach Todd McLellan said. " ... We believe that weve got a goaltender that will continue to improve, and its our job to make sure we help him do that."

The Oilers had been in the market for a goaltender because of uncertainty at the position. Talbot was 21-9-4 with a .926 save percentage and 2.21 goals-against average in 36 games this season, including an 8-3-1 record with a .946 save percentage and 1.66 GAA in March, when he was filling in for Henrik Lundqvist, who was out with a vascular injury in his neck.

"I knew Edmonton was one of the most interested parties in the negotiations, so I had a pretty good feeling it would be Edmonton," Talbot said. "I'm very excited for the opportunity to come in and hopefully play a few more games this year. It's going to be a lot of fun to battle with that."

Talbot is 33-15-5 with a .931 save percentage and 2.00 GAA in 57 NHL games. He became Lundqvist's full-time backup early in the 2013-14 season.

"Playing behind a guy like [Henrik] for a couple of years, you just get to learn a few things and maybe pick up a thing here or there, but no matter how well you play, when youre playing behind one of the best in the world its hard to advance," Talbot said.

After the draft, the Rangers acquired goaltender Antti Raanta from the Chicago Blackhawks for minor-league forward Ryan Haggerty to replace Talbot.

The Rangers got robbed IMO. They should have held out for a top two next year. I mean, I realize he was out the door, but they could have gotten a higher return by waiting until next years draft for a higher pick. Dumb. Why is it Edmonton and Sather always have this invisible tunnel between Edmonton and NY? The Sabres got a good young goalie from overstocked Ottawa, referring to that position only. So I am very excited about these new Sabres and Eichel will lead the way. Chants of "Lets Go BUFF-A-LO will once again be heard. Fire from ice is what you will see.

I do not get this Islanders thing? We were to get the Islanders first round pick, as compensation for Vanek who now wears a Minnesota sweater. I believe the only explanation is they chose to give up next years pick instead. Fine with me.