New video for " Rock and Roll "

slave to zep

Oh come on you all! The layers are heard better and I think the solo sounds better, I think it's also higher in the mix and the drums at the end sound more natural as they were in the room and you can hear with what force Bonzo is hitting them!

I can understand why Robert Plant has said that some of this "new" stuff being released is irrelevant to him. What exactly these "new mixes" add to the Zep catalogue when they are pretty much the very same as the original mixes, is beyond me. I love hearing alternative versions of songs but releasing alternatives mixes such as these are pretty pointless. I dont think many people would hear much difference between this and what we've been listening to all these years.

Pretty cool, thanks Slave to zep!

glad you enjoyed it :)

I did too Slave,been waiting long enough to see it here in Oz!

I know! we are always last :(

Seen it all before: musically unmatching footage (again), from the Song Remains the Same (again), interspersed into a video of abstract footage (again). Sorry, love the band, but I agree that this is totally expendable.....

i get what you mean, but I just thought the video was kinda fun :)

I can understand why Robert Plant has said that some of this "new" stuff being released is irrelevant to him. What exactly these "new mixes" add to the Zep catalogue when they are pretty much the very same as the original mixes, is beyond me. I love hearing alternative versions of songs but releasing alternatives mixes such as these are pretty pointless. I dont think many people would hear much difference between this and what we've been listening to all these years.

yeah, I agree :)

Why didn't they just use the film they showed as they played "Rock and Roll' at the 2007 O2 show? Since Dick Carruthers botched getting the proper angle for the "Celebration Day" dvd, allowing those of us who weren't at the concert to see what was being shown on the screen, this would have been a nice way of finally getting a look at the clips shown at the O2 gig during "Rock and Roll".

slavetozep, my indifference to the video does not mean that I do not appreciate you posting it for us. I appreciate it very much. :)

nice of you to say that :) you are most welcome.

Why didn't they just use the film they showed as they played "Rock and Roll' at the 2007 O2 show? Since Dick Carruthers botched getting the proper angle for the "Celebration Day" dvd, allowing those of us who weren't at the concert to see what was being shown on the screen, this would have been a nice way of finally getting a look at the clips shown at the O2 gig during "Rock and Roll".

aah yes! good idea! :)

Hi Slave to zep.

Thanks for that. I also enjoyed the video. This is my favorite Zeppelin track.

All the best.

ZISH.

you are most welcome, ZISH :)

I absolutely LOVE the whole vibe of this video!

The graphics of the Zeppelin construction overlapped with footage of the boys is pretty clever IMHO.

And I did kind of notice, the video graphics have a real "Conneyfogle" feel to them!

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17723-led-zeppelin-radio-retro-ads-and-titles/

Conneyfogle, have you secretly been working for Mr. Page? ;)

Archived