Favorite Led Zeppelin Song Titles...

kingzoso

The topic is clear: What are your favorite Led Zeppelin song names? This topic can and might reflect whoever posts their favorite LZ songs, however, that is not what I am asking.

The titles/names of any and all of Led Zeppelin's catalog. (Their should be no limitations, however, I think that it should be kept to a minimum).

I will start (and in no absolute order):

In the Light

No Quarter

Achilles Last Stand

Stairway to Heaven

Carouselambra

The Song Remains the Same

Sick Again

Trampled Underfoot

Wanton Song...

I could and will post a few more, however, I would like to see and read what others have posted.

Even though I did not do this (yet), if anyone wants to post their favorite song titles and give a brief explanation on why, please feel free to do so. I think I will do that after I read anyone else's comment on this topic.

Bron-y-aur

Stairway to Heaven

Kashmir

Battle of Evermore

Houses of the Holy

Archillies Last Stand

The Rover

Tea For One

The Rain Song

The Crunge(a friend once commented when he saw this title"is this something to do with Monty Python?")

Interesting topic.

I like Stairway To Heaven as a song title. Even more when it adds to the song itself (how it builds... graduates... like a stairway to heaven... :)).

Over the Hills and Far Away for no special reasons... I like travelling, so maybe that is why :)).

Did You Make Her (Jamayker) is a cool word-play song name

Good Times Bad Times... weird song name, but somehow it works for me

The Rover... I dont know why again, the song is so cool, but even before I heard it for the first time years and years ago, I knew the name and somehow I KNEW the song is gonna be great! :). (yes, I red the song title way before i actually heard the song)

Down By The Seaside. I dont like the song in particullar (I love the part when it gets fast... that makes the song for me), but the name is really cool imo... again prolly travelling issues :).

Thats it for now, I might come back later with more :).

Favorite from each album..

How Many More Times (probably my favorite of all, I love the way Plant sings it to start the song his emotions really come to life)

What Is And What Should Never Be

That's The Way

Going To California

Rain Song

Ten Years Gone

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Fool In The Rain

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Who is going to Pick Hot Dog?!

Interesting topic. Fav song name....hmmmm. I found it rather difficult to come up with a list initially as my decisions tend to lean towards fav song. After much thought.... and in no particular order....

Dazed And Confused

Thank You

Since I've Been Loving You

Black Dog

Stairway To Heaven

Misty Mountain Hop

The Song remains The Same

The Rain Song

Over The Hills And Far Away

The Ocean

In The Light

Down By The Seaside

Ten Years Gone

Tea For One

In The Evening

Fool In The Rain

and even this song... The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair

Some of the songs in my list are my fav Zep songs and others not so much. I have always been drawn to these songs based on the title. I remember when getting all the Zep releases I first looked over the album cover for a bit and then read the songs contained therein and the curiosity of what the songs sounded like in relation to their song title. Due to my age, I got into music during the cassette days. My first stereo was a car stereo hooked up to some speakers and a car battery charger in my dad's basement.. so listening to music took a bit of a set up so I couldn't listen to new cassettes as i bought them. I grew up in a really small community and it was over an hour drive to the nearest music/department store. So I would carefully look at the cover and inserts and read the song titles on the drive home (there was only a 8-track player in the car at the time. Even as I switched to CDs I had to wait as the car only played cassettes at the time... it seems I was always behind in technology). As I said above, nowadays I let my song taste dictate my fav Zep songs... but initially it was the mystery of reading the song titles and wondering what they would sound like.

Thanks "kingzoso" for this topic and I really enjoyed my little trip down memory lane while typing my responses.

Interesting topic. Fav song name....hmmmm. I found it rather difficult to come up with a list initially as my decisions tend to lean towards fav song. After much thought.... and in no particular order....

Dazed And Confused

Thank You

Black Dog

Stairway To Heaven

Misty Mountain Hop

The Song remains The Same

The Rain Song

Over The Hills And Far Away

The Ocean

In The Light

Down By The Seaside

Ten Years Gone

Tea For One

In The Evening

Fool In The Rain

and even this song... The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair

Some of the songs in my list are my fav Zep songs and others not so much. I have always been drawn to these songs based on the title. I remember when getting all the Zep releases I first looked over the album cover for a bit and then read the songs contained therein and the curiosity of what the songs sounded like in relation to their song title. Due to my age, I got into music during the cassette days. My first stereo was a car stereo hooked up to some speakers and a car battery charger in my dad's basement.. so listening to music took a bit of a set up so I couldn't listen to new cassettes as i bought them. I grew up in a really small community and it was over an hour drive to the nearest music/department store. So I would carefully look at the cover and inserts and read the song titles on the drive home (there was only a 8-track player in the car at the time. Even as I switched to CDs I had to wait as the car only played cassettes at the time... it seems I was always behind in technology). As I said above, nowadays I let my song taste dictate my fav Zep songs... but initially it was the mystery of reading the song titles and wondering what they would sound like.

Thanks "kingzoso" for this topic and I really enjoyed my little trip down memory lane while typing my responses.

Thank you for the Thanks. It is refreshing to know that their a lot of people on this Forum that have genuine Respect and the modicum of Decency. (Their are some that seem to lack those qualities on some of the other topics/threads, mainly in the Ramble On section. Those that happen to read this will know who they are).

Regardless of all that, I, too, fall in that age bracket where I bought albums in the early 1980's but seemed to also buy the same albums on cassette within a year. About 2 years later I was buying the same compact disc even though I already had the album and cassette tape. I first had a complete up-to-date Fisher Stereo system with a turntable and the new compact disc player back in 1984 or 1985. My Fisher system even had a dual cassette player. That is why I bought album, cassette and compact disc. I could record tape to tape and even cd to tape. Like you said, that was My trip down Memory Lane, a trip that was just about 30 years ago. And what a Fun Strange Trip Its Been.

Okay, back on topic. A few more of My favorite Led Zeppelin song titles:

The Battle of Evermore: "the sky is filled with Good and Bad that mortals never know"

Hots on For Nowhere: Just a killer title to a killer and most underrated LZ song. Bonzo's drumming is just amazing.

Since I've Been Loving You: I am also Loving this title and though it is not that an original of a name, it is maybe My favorite Led Zeppelin Song.

I may have just unaccredited Myself by saying that, however, I do Love this Song.

Have another listen:

Favorite song titles and what they mean to me:

Ten Years Gone - I think that we all can relate to this one...

Going To California - There have been so many times when I would say this is my favorite Zeppelin song, then I remember Bonzo and usually California will be second. The line: Going to California with an aching... in my heart... and they way he sings that is just priceless

Achilles Last Stand - Amazing song with a title that makes you wonder... no pun intended...

Immigrant Song - Powerful! So much force in such a small window of time. The Ahh-ahh-ahh AH's that Robert belts out are just perfection

Bron-Yr-Aur - Just Jimmy and so incredibly beautiful. Hated it when VH1 did the Zeppelin career retrospective and Steven Tyler mispronounced this. Makes me cringe just thinking about it

Tangerine - A beautiful love song that always made me smile... how does one title a song after a fruit??? Only Zeppelin could pull that off

Tea For One - IMHO, so much better and way more emotional than Since... just a perfect blues song that is drenched in sorrow

South Bound Suarez - The title was interesting to me prior to hearing it, and the song just flat out rocks and is fun. So much fun

The Rain Song - Because of the sheer beauty and poetry and the philosophical line: Upon is all - Ahh-ahh - A little rain must fall

Hmm interesting topic. I'm finding it difficult to separate the titles from the songs themselves, my feelings about them, and my memories with them. Nevertheless, here goes:

What Is and What Should Never Be

Thank You

Heartbreaker

Ramble On

Friends

Out on the Tiles

Gallows Pole

The Battle of Evermore

Stairway to Heaven

Over the Hills and Far Away

No Quarter

Houses of the Holy

Trampled Under Foot

In the Light

Bron-Yr-Aur

Ten Years Gone

Achilles Last Stand

Tea for One

In the Evening

Fool in the Rain

All My Love

I'm Gonna Crawl

This was to be a top ten list. Oh well...

As a means of paring it down, I tried as much as possible to use titles of original Zep songs.

(My favourite song title, though, is still "A Thousand Kisses Deep" *sigh*)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived