2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

"The Dark Knight" doesn't appear to be quite as sharp as one would like--or at least, how Mets fans want him to pitch. But, he's only trailing by 1-run & he worked his way out of trouble in the last half inning.

I'm guessing if the Mets do lose this game tonight, that may lead to some criticism for Terry Collins and why he didn't go to deGrom for this series opener--however right or wrong that may be....

Well, I've said this before & I'll bring it up again--it would be nice if the World Series could somehow get rotated between the networks ala the Super Bowl.

I have nothing against Joe Buck, but it would be nice to hear a new voice calling the Series--someone like an Al Michaels or Jim Nantz....

Well, I've said this before & I'll bring it up again--it would be nice if the World Series could somehow get rotated between the networks ala the Super Bowl.

I have nothing against Joe Buck, but it would be nice to hear a new voice calling the Series--someone like an Al Michaels or Jim Nantz....

Ugh! Not Jim Nantz! Let him stick to boxing and golf. He would be terrible at baseball.

Mets get the lead back! 6 outs to go.

Maybe Al.  Definitely not Nantz!  Stick with baseball people.

Tyler Clippard - the human rain delay.

All this anguish for a 3 team parlay!  I need Kansas Shitty who I can't stand but I do not want Granderson to win either!  This is not supposed to happen!  Baseball in November.  It's just stupid!  The money they think they gain is actually lost revenue as those, the majority mind you, do not wish to watch baseball in the winter!  It's not the Dodgers or Yankees or even the Sox or Is. It would have drawn far more national attention if it had been played in September. Wake up and knock it back when hockey, football and NBA are not yet started and everyone wins!

All this anguish for a 3 team parlay!  I need Kansas Shitty who I can't stand but I do not want Granderson to win either!  This is not supposed to happen!  Baseball in November.  It's just stupid!  

I, and all the rest of us know that if the Baltimore Orioles were playing in this 2015 World Series, you would be saying and singing a very different tune.  It's okay to admit that I am correct in this post because, like I said, I am sure that most who post on this topic would agree with me. 

By the way, todays date is October 28, 2015 (Central Standard Time).  Not November anything (yet).

Edited to add:  Reply or not (I don't care), you know that I am right. 

Wonder how many people stayed up 'til the end? Longest game in World Series history...it was well after 1am Eastern Time when it was finally over.

If I'm the Mets, I wouldn't worry...they've got a well rested deGrom going against Cueto who has been shaky in the postseason. A split is still doable.

Five hours, fourteen innings and the Royals win it 5-4.  

How did Pete Rose get his Fox baseball panel gig?  I'm surprised that Fox hired him given that he was banned from baseball.  

Didn't watch any of the game last night, but I did catch a glimpse of the pre-show and saw Patricia Rose - aka Pete Rose.  Was A-Roid up there too?  If that's the case, that's two people who have damaged the game more than just about any other two guys in MLB history.  Another great job by FOX... :rolleyes: 

Mets had plenty of opps to put that game away with so many RLOB!  They have not been doing that in the postseason with so much clutch hitting!..KC is amazing and how they keep coming back at you.  Harvey did not have great stuff and I was expecting a good outing for him as the WS is a great platform for him and one he wants to excel.  Also surprised at Famiglia and the bomb he served up with KC tying it with one out in 9th.  That's his first blown save since July 31st, when he served up a 3 run bomb to Upton of SD after a lengthy rain delay.  He's been lights out since then!  Just wish he could have waited until April to blow a save an not in the series!

Hope they can rebound tonight with the DeGrominator and some timely hitting.

Archived