2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Well, it's official now. Carlos Martinez was "Final Voted" in and is now a 2015 Major League All-Star. That now makes it 6 Saint Louis Cardinals making it to the 2015 All-Star Game. Carlos beat out Clayton Kershaw and Johnny Cueto and 2 other players.

Way to go:

Jhonny Peralta

Matt Holliday

Yadier Molina

Michael Wacha

Trevor Rosenthal

... and Carlos Martinez.

Are the Padres the most disappointing team in the majors so far--I know a lot of us had them getting into the postseason as a wild card, if not the division winner in the West. I guess money can't buy you a pennant--just ask the Dodgers.

I know we still have a lot more baseball to play, but it looks like this will be the year the Tigers finally go down in the Central--what a crushing loss that was last night...

One terrible inning by Gonzalez does us in. I think the all star break will serve us well and we will be a force after ! I believe it! And I expect a move for a guy like Samardzjia might be in the cards. The White Sox must know they are sellers and can improve their future by trading him.

I just looked at the standings--hard to believe that the O's are 3 back of the Yanks, but when you go 3-7 over your last 10 games, I guess that's the consequence. Not that 3 games is an insurmountable number at this point.

Sean, your Angels are only a 1/2 game behind the Astros. Keep hope alive...

Edited by paul carruthers

^ The Yankees just got Andrew Miller back, which means teams will have a tough time beating them late in games. And even though their starting pitching is still questionable, their batting lineup is clicking very well. I had said I wouldn't root much for them this season, with the last couple years of disappointment in most of their acquisitions, and of coarse, the dreaded return of A-Rod. But I am happy to see some of the players, like Texiera and McCann, playing to their potential, now.

Sean, your Angels are only a 1/2 game behind the Astros. Keep hope alive...

With Mike Trout, there's always hope.

Poor ebk didn't get a shirt. Those rotten scoundrels at the park didn't plan for the crowd and ran out of shirts before ebk got to the park. Boooo! :mad:

Off to the game today - Hawaiian shirt day. I'm sure it will be...lovely...

You are one of 44K there today!! just saw the inner harbor. Can't wait for my trip there in two weeks to see the Braves. Section 28 box seats. Will be something I have cherished for ages.

I have a 9 game hitting streak and today I have Rizzo on the MLB 56 Streak app. Watch out Joe D. Here I come. You can win a million dollars if you get there

A little Mets history today--Kirk Nieuwenhuis the first Met ever to homer 3 times in a home game. Kirk is 3 for 3--don't know what's gotten into him but I hope Kirk and the rest of the Mets offense keeps it up...

Well compared to the last few years you have to be loving this. Watching the guy cooking hot dogs at the stadium I just realize, Rochester here is the only place you can get the pop open white hots. Best there are. My cousins in S Florida always stock up before they go back and cook them out there. Zweigles's hot dogs. The best

Mets sweep a team that I believe came into the series with one of the more potent offenses in the game--it's too bad we couldn't get a little more help from those damn Orioles...

:P

Damn Orioles... ;)

Let me ask all the Baseball fans who post(s) about their team(s). Since the end of last season till the beginning of this 2015 season, is this what you expected or not expected Your team(s) to be at this mid-point of the baseball season to the All-Star Break? You know what I mean. Is your team doing what you expected so far or is your team dominating or being dominated from some teams that you did or did not expect?

I will say that the Saint Louis Cardinals have been in 1st place since the 2015 season began and are now 23 games above .500 with a record of 56 wins and 33 loses. However, it is not the Chicago Cubs I have to worry about, it the Pittsburg Pirates who are now only 2.5 games behind the Redbirds. Even though this race between these teams is close, I am not too concerned at the moment because the Saint Louis Cardinals are a team that thrives on challenge and with that challenge it brings out the best of Them.

So, is your team where you want them to be?

Edited to add: I am looking forward to watching the 2015 All-Star Game on Tuesday. 6 Saint Louis Cardinals are going to be there so I am excited to see them play an inning or two.

Edited by kingzoso

I guess the Mets are about where I expected them to be--even though I picked the Mets to win the NL East crown, I knew that the team from Washington would give us hell all year. My trepidation about whether the Mets would have enough offense to go along with that great starting rotation have been realized for most of the first half, which is the main reason why we are 2 games behind the Nats.

But, 2 games is hardly an insurmountable hill to climb, so I have to keep hope alive...

This year will be the 40th anniversary of the Reds/Red Sox World Series. Obviously, that was a series well before my time, so maybe some of the older posters here at the forum can speak about it, but it does seem--judging by all the highlights I've seen--that Game 7 of that series has been forgotten.

Whenever any of the sports networks show clips from Cincinnati/Boston it's always Carlton Fisk waving his arms for the ball to stay fair...

This year will be the 40th anniversary of the Reds/Red Sox World Series. Obviously, that was a series well before my time, so maybe some of the older posters here at the forum can speak about it, but it does seem--judging by all the highlights I've seen--that Game 7 of that series has been forgotten.

Whenever any of the sports networks show clips from Cincinnati/Boston it's always Carlton Fisk waving his arms for the ball to stay fair...

Kinda like the '86 Series. The only thing anyone talks about is poor Bill Buckner. There was another game after that one.