2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

I remember a few days ago, I said something about KC smashing the Astros. Now I know why I'm not a heavy gambler--I would get eaten alive if I tried laying down money on the various sports...

-_-

My absence has been due to seeing my name up in lights!!! :lol: Yes, Bakerbirds, my handle is in first place COAST TO COAST!!!  FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA!!!!!!:lol: A new Canon Camera on the way as my prize of choice for the ten spot.  I got to 11 thanks to Mr Keichel.  Now I think I will take Jake Arrietta whose Cubbies are -240 right now in Vegas to take those bitch ass Cards apart tomorrow in front of a raucous crowd that will be one of the loudest in modern baseball history.  Just so you know, 15 gets you $2K, and 25 gets you $5000 cash.  $1000 for the monthly lead which I own presently also.  Avoiding the NFL is one of the secrets to success.  And tennis and soccer.  Stick with baseball and hockey.  Cubs have gotten me 3 and the Astros 3.  I am going to bite on Arrietta.  Go Cubbies!!!!!  And Go Dodgers.  I understand its going to be tough for the boys in Blue.  But do able.  Texas I have winning the series too.  If they end it tonight they may need to score like 9 runs but they could. I believe Toronto has a daunting task.  KC has a shot still because Mr Keichel is likely done for this series.  What a job he has done.  The next guy is no joke either.  But KC has been here last year.  But they have never faced an uphill climb like this one.  We find out what they are made of now. I did pick them to get to the Series in the Contest but wish I had not. I cannot stand them or Toronto.  I do not really hate your Red Birds King, but you tend to make people dislike them with your propaganda.  I want the Cubs to win for the sport.  And they are damn good.  

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/154097810/dodgers-chase-utley-suspended-for-slide

Whether or not this resolves any issues the Mets have with the Dodgers is anybody's guess--Harvey may still take it upon himself to drill somebody tomorrow night....

I don't think Harvey will do it tomorrow.  There is just too much at stake to do something like this.  Now, if the Mets have a big lead late in the game, someone may get drilled by one of the middle relief guys, whom they can afford at the time to be ejected.  The key for the Mets is to win the game!  I think they'll wait until next season to take action, if Utley is still on the team!  Who knows?

MLB obviously wants to keep Utley out of Citi Field for safety concerns as probably why he got a two game suspension and is eligible to play in LA if the series goes five games.  It would be pretty hostile if Utley was in the lineup.

The only good thing I can say about Utley is his walkup music as he uses "Kashmir".

Edited by SuperDave

What Dave said.  I wanted Utley drilled, too, but it was pointed out to me somewhere else that that would cause problems that you don't need in a short series.

So now that he's gone, hopefully the teams will just play the game.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/154097810/dodgers-chase-utley-suspended-for-slide

Whether or not this resolves any issues the Mets have with the Dodgers is anybody's guess--Harvey may still take it upon himself to drill somebody tomorrow night....

It is possible as Harvey has drilled him once this year already, when he was with Philly!

Hi SuperDave, it's been awhile--hope things are well with you. Early on tomorrow night, I would not expect anybody from the Dodgers getting buzzed, but if there's a situation where the Mets have a comfortable lead late or if they are down with no chance to comeback, then somebody from the Dodgers is going to wear one. 

And I'm usually not one who is in favor of pitcher's trying to drill somebody--but in this case, I'll make an exception. Harvey though, may not do it himself in trying to keep himself from possibly getting suspended by MLB. I just have a feeling that something is going down tomorrow night.

Edited by paul carruthers

Paul,

I'm not on here as much, for no particular reason.  Been reading a lot of the Baseball stuff here, but not responding.  Had to today, being such a big Mets fan!

I think you pretty said how I feel about the whole situation and what could happen.  It is the playoffs and not any old game during the season, so the climate is completely different as are the cards on the table!

Hi SuperDave, it's been awhile--hope things are well with you. Early on tomorrow night, I would not expect anybody from the Dodgers getting buzzed, but if there's a situation where the Mets have a comfortable lead late or if they are down with no chance to comeback, then somebody from the Dodgers is going to wear one. 

And I'm usually not one who is in favor of pitcher's trying to drill somebody--but in this case, I'll make an exception. Harvey though, may not do it himself in trying to keep himself from possibly getting suspended by MLB. I just have a feeling that something is going down tomorrow night.

To me Toronto has the dirtiest manager.  That is still playing anyway.  I hate Granderson and hope they put one on his arse if what you say is true. But I do not see it as there is to much at stake.  You guys are lucky that your guy played Kershaw as deep as they did.  I have no idea why he was there?  But they were fortunate.  I am more concerned with the Cubs game i will say.  But I like the Dodgers also.  I am rather indifferent to the Mets in general as its been a along time and I did cheer for them in that 86 classic series that was a tie for the best series I ever saw along with the Red  Sox vs the Big Red Machine in 76 if I have the year right?   I know i am very close. My O's went to 3 straight 69,70,71.  .This KC/Houston series is very tough to gauge.  I fear I may have jumped too quickly on this one in picking KC.  Not that they are dead by any means as Mr Superman Keichel must now watch.  No matter what happens, hats off to this Houston team for one hell of a run.

MLB obviously wants to keep Utley out of Citi Field for safety concerns as probably why he got a two game suspension and is eligible to play in LA if the series goes five games.  It would be pretty hostile if Utley was in the lineup.

MLB should have no business deciding these type of things, if we're talking safety - that should be up to the player's manager.

I believe the umpires did a replay review of the slide, before calling Utley safe. Yet Joe Torre says the slide was an illegal rolling block, and cited the rule - but the umpires had insufficient time to decide the call, in the midst of a game. I usually don't cry over bad calls, but none of what's being done or explained makes a bit of sense.

I'm guessing Rick is doing his happy dance right now--I'm not sure if he had any parlays down on the Cubs, but it's looking good, so far....

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Rick laid money on Arrieta and the Cubs for his ESPN Streak contest...I believe he has picked 11 winners in a row. If the Cubs win that would make 12 in a row.