3 in a Row

TypeO

It takes a pretty decent band to have 3 really good albums in a row.

Not necessarily the first 3, but what bands' 3 consecutive albums rank as the best, in your opinion?

Let's leave Zeppelin out, since that could be a thread of it's own.

For me -

The Cult

Cult1.jpgthe_cult_electric_cover_p.jpgsonic-300.jpg

Aerosmith

17e0149b9fca8cb05859882ce4a5b4c1d370c5b851xFs5iPwDL._SY300_.jpg1977_Aerosmith-DrawTheLine.jpg

Pink Floyd

the-dark-side-of-the-moon.jpg218981_1239416431427_full.jpgPink-Floyds-Animals-Album-Cover.jpg

and it may be cheating a little, but including their debut EP, Tool.

1992Opiate.jpg1993Undertowsmall.jpg1996nima.jpg

Sorry TypeO, but "Rocks" came after "Toys in the Attic", not "Draw the Line".

Holy crap, I can't believe I slept that.

You are, of course, correct, Strider.

I better ease up on the bud, before I lose my 70s Child Card.

So yes, my updated choice for Aerosmith would be (although a case could be made starting with Get Your Wings, as well) -

51xFs5iPwDL._SY300_.jpg1597908.jpg1977_Aerosmith-DrawTheLine.jpg

Lots were Dazed and Confused in 1976 so maybe he missed the release of "Rocks" so "Nobody's Fault".

My three albums in a row are: Tommy/Who's Next/Quadrophenia

And the most unforgivable part for me is I consider Rocks one of my Top 5 Favorite Albums All-Time.

Seriously.

It's rather embarrassing to have made such an obvious (at least now) omission. LOL

Hey, nice call on the Tool there TypeO! The Pink Floyd ones also immediately came to mind.

Thanks, I'm a real big fan.

Saw them during the Aenima Tour and more recently about 2 years ago.

Ya'll know where I'm going... :bubble:

Porksodacover.jpg

I am a huge fan of Pork Soda.

Brilliant album.

All great choices, peeps.

For the record, TypeO, "Rocks" is my favourite Aerosmith album too. "Get Your Wings"-"Toys in the Attic"-"Rocks" would be my Aerosmith triumvirate.

"Seasons of Wither" is such an underrated song. Sickening that more people associate "Love in an Elevator" and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" with Aerosmith than "Seasons of Wither" and "Mama Kin".

But come on, TypeO...what's with the suspense?!? When are you going to reveal your namesake's 3-in-a-row pick?

One of my personal 3 in a rows (because they came out in my early teen years) are:

Blizzard Of Oz/Diary Of A Madman/Speak Of The Devil (which really introduced me to the Sabbath catalog). Still play those discs and relive those memories. :stereo:

Archived