Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

Live highlights of '73.

As with '72, it's amazing how few shows produce really good pics, given that they were so huge by this stage. It's like there was a proper photographer on hand for about five of the shows, and the rest of the time the pics are mostly just distant and / or fuzzy, i.e. taken by fans.

Do we know anything about what kind of policy there was on press access to live shows as a general rule, i.e. how co-operative the band were about letting in photographers and journalists and so on? I mean, obviously anyone can buy a ticket and then write about it, but they could control who (if anyone) got to be down the front or at the side of the stage with the chance to take great pictures... I just wondered if they tried to keep the press out of their shows more than other bands did, as I know Jimmy especially harboured grudges against publications that had given them bad reviews.

Anyway...

3june1973c_zps09cbe1c5.jpg

3june1973b_zpsa34f83a1.jpg

3june1973a_zps4c354d65.jpg

5may73_zpsf93e9421.jpg

28may732_zps286ac398.jpg

28may73_zpsd6fde7e3.jpg

1973_zps8e4141fd.jpg

1973a_zpsf96225cc.jpg

50_13july73_rainbowshirt_zps11cd305b.jpg

18may73_zpsaed512ba.jpg

He's so beautiful he can get away with wearing aggressively ugly/nerdy clothes :)

In the telescope photo - I think that's in the boathouse at Pangbourne? - that looks like an Asian tree root sculpture.

Yes, its Pangbourne. Charlotte can be seen slightly in the background.

Assorted new discoveries... I especially like the first one - I think it goes with the better-known one by Linda McCartney. Anyone know if there are others?

5566_zps9ff33e24.jpg

It appears in Linda's Sixites book from the early 90s along with my favorite which is this one.

Jimmy1967LindaMcCartney_zps864aa3f9.jpg

It appears in Linda's Sixites book from the early 90s along with my favorite which is this one.

Yep, that's the one. I love it too - the only man ever to make sideburns look good. There are only two then? Drat.

I never even knew she'd done a book.

Yep, that's the one. I love it too - the only man ever to make sideburns look good. There are only two then? Drat.

I never even knew she'd done a book.

From the early 90s. Jimi Hendrix is on the cover. "Linda MacCartney's Sixities" is the title.

Yes, I am pretty sure those are the only 2 taken from that school. The whole picture of the on you posted has Jeff fixing the strings on his guitar.

Live highlights of 1977. A little monotonous because of the near-continual wearing of the white dragon suit this year, but some nice shots.

And here endeth the series, seeing as there are just no really good live pics from 1979 or 1980, unless someone wants to prove me wrong, which would be nice.

If anyone has clearer pics of the "Zoso" jacket (worn only once), that would be nice too.

10april77d_zps42e619df.jpg

10april77b_zpsdfe35e78.jpg

10april77e_zps3bcb3ad1.jpg77

10april77c_zps25ec4515.jpg

10april77a_zps9f23b5be.jpg

stormtroopercollage_zpsc83e25ee.jpg

20july77_zpse54081b7.jpg

23june77_zosojacket_zpsfd6cae7e.jpg

Scylla:

Once again you have outdone yourself - there are many gems in here that I (and perhaps others) have not seen, so thank you for taking the time to search and post these for all of us to enjoy! We will need to think of a new category about this amazing man, so more pics can be shared.

Cheers,

From a long time Canadian fan

IMO, the above photo practically screams "wasted rock star". Was he singing when it was taken?

I don't know - if so, clearly much too wasted to realize he didn't have his mouth near enough a mic for anyone to hear. Yep, I think it's safe to assume that by this date (the last one before the tour was tragically cut short) he was in a pretty bad way. Though I've always thought this is the most "wasted" pic of all:

1977b_zps4717119d.jpg

Scylla thank you! I love this picture!! It looks like he has an outie belly button but in this next picture you can see that he doesn't. :lol:

It i's actually a very nice and inviting belly button.

It is, isn't it? (I agree, "innies" are much nicer). But it's the golden glow on the stomach that really gets me about the pic. That and the sharp hipbone... I always liked them skinny. :wub: