Best and Worst autograph signers In Hollywood.

spats

This according to autograph collector magazine...

Best signers...

1. Johnny Depp (for the third year in a row. He even signs on airplanes.lol)

2. Matt Damon

3. George Clooney

4. Jack Nicholson

5. Rosario Dawson

6. John Travolta

7. Katherine Heigal

8. Jay Leno

9. Dakota Fanning

10 . Russell Crowe ( he used to be a A-hole. But he is nice now)

Worst Signers...

1. Will Ferrell (Great guy on TV. Apparently the opposite in real life)

2. Tobey Maguire

3. Joaqain Phoenix (not a good guy. Rude)

4. William Shatner (only way to get him is when he is getting paid at autograph shows)

5. Renee Zellwegger

6. John Malkovich

7. Julie Andrews

8. Bruce Willis ( apparently a big A-hole)

9. Teri Hatcher

10. Scarlett Johansson

Bruce Willis ( apparently a big A-hole)

His movies suck too.

:D

As much as i don't like him i thought he did a good job in Planet Terror. Although he acted like he acts in every movie. But in Planet Terror it wasn't annoying. He was good in Pulp Fiction as well. But he has no range as an actor. He is pretty much just playing himself.lol

But any of these actors or actresses who aren't nice to their fans need to give their head a shake.

As much as i don't like him i thought he did a good job in Planet Terror. Although he acted like he acts in every movie. But in Planet Terror it wasn't annoying. He was good in Pulp Fiction as well. But he has no range as an actor. He is pretty much just playing himself.lol

The best part of Pulp Fiction was when he blew Travolta away on the toilet. At least he wouldn't soil himself when he kicked the bucket.

:D

Maybe it's just me, but I've never really understood the fascination with having someone write their name on a piece of paper or photo. *shrugs* I got a few when I was younger at baseball games, and it always felt so...intrusive.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never really understood the fascination with having someone write their name on a piece of paper or photo. *shrugs*

It is incredibly pointless, but I've asked for autographs myself so, *shrugs* too. I did feel very silly, but I couldn't stop myself. It's a famous person, quick, get them to write their name down.

I like the way The Beatles handled it. They just got members of their staff and fan club admins to sign their autographs for them to post out to fans. Apparently some of them were very good at it. No idea what percentage were genuine, and who's to know?

Talking of which, I saw Page & Plant at Shepherds Bush in 1998, standing on the barriers at the front. Magnificent show, only eclipsed for me by the O2 reunion. Anyway, at the end I was standing there catching my breath when I spotted a plectrum on the floor. I got a security guy to pass it to me. Well, it had to be Jimmy Page's, right? Only him and the bass player on stage, and I didn't see Charlie Jones using a pick. Thing is, it's just a plain grey-blue pick, nothing to identify it. It occurred to me that it could've been there for ages, dropped by a previous band or something. I still framed it though! :blink:

I've been trying to work out ever since if it really is Jimmy's plectrum. I was even squinting at those YouTube clips from the other night and it does look like he uses a pick of that colour, but how the hell could I prove it? So, my one piece of Zep memorabilia, apart from a couple of ticket stubs, could well be a piece of completely unrelated plastic. Still, it was in the same room as him, and I think that's all that matters.

Talking of which, I saw Page & Plant at Shepherds Bush in 1998, standing on the barriers at the front. Magnificent show, only eclipsed for me by the O2 reunion. Anyway, at the end I was standing there catching my breath when I spotted a plectrum on the floor. I got a security guy to pass it to me. Well, it had to be Jimmy Page's, right? Only him and the bass player on stage, and I didn't see Charlie Jones using a pick. Thing is, it's just a plain grey-blue pick, nothing to identify it. It occurred to me that it could've been there for ages, dropped by a previous band or something. I still framed it though! :blink:

I was at that show as well. What a night. I'd say the odds of it being his are better if

you found it on his side of the stage. However, it is more likely that Jimmy was using

signature pics, meaning the type with a facsimile autograph on it. We'll never know.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never really understood the fascination with having someone write their name on a piece of paper or photo. *shrugs* I got a few when I was younger at baseball games, and it always felt so...intrusive.

Autographs are slowly being replaced by electronic signatures. What is lost, however, is the length and width and texture of paper, the arrangement of ink called handwriting and the intimacy of something touched by addressor and addressee. That is a shame.

The only one I have is Billy Boyd's (he was Pippin in LOTR movies)...he was a really cool guy, very nice, but his publicist was kind of a bitch...he told her he wanted to stay and sign more, and she was pulling him away... :rolleyes: Oh well, got my picture taken with him too :lol:

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to work out ever since if it really is Jimmy's plectrum.

I posted this story ages ago, but this evening I think I've found documentary evidence, verging on certain proof!

At about 1min 31sec Jimmy appears to put his plectrum in his mouth and carry on playing without one. Then, at 1min 37sec, it looks like he spits the plectrum out directly towards the place where I spotted it.

Am I seeing that right!? (You may need to use full screen.) I'm convinced anyway. B)

A celebrity's personality should not be judged by how many autographs they sign and under what circumstances. It's great that there are people who are generous with their time but I think it's really unfair to judge someone negatively because they don't like signing autographs.

Russell Crowe - who I see is now in your top 10, said this, "I don't owe you anything other than my best work". These people are actors, this does not give anybody a right to their private lives. Being an actor is different to being a celebrity. Some actors see themselves as 'artists' and not just celebrities to dispense autographs. Doesn't make them bad people.

I also think it's the case, and this had been confirmed through my career, that actors are generally more reserved, thoughtful people. Some of the people on your bottom 10 may be overwhelmed by what happens to them on the street and their defence mechanism to that is rudeness.

My favorite autograph is a tour program signed by Natalie Merchant (10,000 Maniacs-a friend met her after a concert and got it for me). Of the few I have; this is the only one that I know exactly where it is in my house :)

We also have several athletes' autographs, a couple from soap opera actors, and a few books signed by the authors.

Archived