The Beatles thread

Hey ZeppFanForever. I read that the stereo mixes on The Beatles: Rock Band are actually different from the 9/9/09 remasters, in that the tracks are more blended rather than having drum tracks on the very right and bass on the very left like in the remasters. If you are buying with sound quality in mind I highly recommend the game. There's a mode where you don't have to play and just listen to the music as The Beatles are recording the songs in the studio.

How's it going "MisterMcLov1n?" I hope all is well with you. I also heard about the Rock Band from "beatbo" and I'm also thinking seriously about perchasing it along with both complete Stereo and Mono BEATLES collections on 9 September 2009. In doing this, I will be able to hear all the newly Digitally Remastered versions as well as the Rock Band and compare them to the complete BEATLES MFSL CD collection. I'll be able to judge for myself on which sounds better. To be truthful with you, it is going to be extremely hard and difficult to top THE BEATLES COMPLETE MFSL CD collection. Then again, I would love to hear THE BEATLES sound better. Thanks for the info and ROCK ON my friend!

Actually you can check out four new Beatles Rock Band clips right here (they took the note charts out)

Sgt. Pepper/With a Little Help From My Friends

Here Comes the Sun

Revolution

Birthday

How's it going "MisterMcLov1n?" I hope all is well with you. Having heard all four links of BEATLES songs as well as the info "beatbo" sent me, I can swear that ROCK BAND is using the MFSL ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING tapes! The only difference is that ROCK BAND added more treble to these recordings. Overall, these New Digitally Remastered BEATLES recordings sound absolutely incredible. It looks like I'm going to purchase all three BEATLES collections on 9 September 2009. Thanks for the links my friend. I should also thank "beatbo" since he sent me some links as well. ROCK ON my friends!

• 2 weeks later...

The Beatles in Mono boxed set is completely sold out according to Amazon.

I was considering buying that, but it's so over priced. They seem to be more concerned about the set being a big deal (it is a limited edition) than they are in selling the music to the fans who want to hear it.

I was considering buying that, but it's so over priced. They seem to be more concerned about the set being a big deal (it is a limited edition) than they are in selling the music to the fans who want to hear it.

Have you had an opportunity to read the article about the releases I posted a link to? In the event you haven't, it posits that the entire package will fall into the hands of the public at large in one form or another. Maybe not in a way that's unprecedented since file sharing is nothing new but the potential is certainly there for it to be distributed in some very new and exciting ways.

As for the actual packaging, I can't say I'm much of a fan of the cardboard sleeves. For such a pricey set it seems like they could have at least sprung for some inlay trays to house the CDs.

beatles-AbbeyRd-remastered.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

Have you had an opportunity to read the article about the releases I posted a link to? In the event you haven't, it posits that the entire package will fall into the hands of the public at large in one form or another. Maybe not in a way that's unprecedented since file sharing is nothing new but the potential is certainly there for it to be distributed in some very new and exciting ways.

As for the actual packaging, I can't say I'm much of a fan of the cardboard sleeves. For such a pricey set it seems like they could have at least sprung for some inlay trays to house the CDs.

beatles-AbbeyRd-remastered.jpg

i'm with you on that. that's too much money to watch the whole set fall apart unless you never play them. the only thing is to pull the discs, burn them, put'em back and put 'em up...

i'm with you on that. that's too much money to watch the whole set fall apart unless you never play them. the only thing is to pull the discs, burn them, put'em back and put 'em up...

Though I prefer jewel cases, I can deal with digipaks if they're constructed rigidly enough and have an inlay tray for the CDs. My problem here isn't with the packaging itself but with how easily CDs are scratched when they're stored within cardboard sleeves.

Though I prefer jewel cases, I can deal with digipaks if they're constructed rigidly enough and have an inlay tray for the CDs. My problem here isn't with the packaging itself but with how easily CDs are scratched when they're stored within cardboard sleeves.

Upload the music to your puter or burn a copy and store the original.cool.gif

Upload the music to your puter or burn a copy and store the original.cool.gif

While that's certainly an option I tend to still clear of CDs that are poorly packaged. Considering the amount of money that's being thrown at this particular project you'd think they'd have the average consumer in mind. It's more than evident that they dropped the ball on this one.

Check the writeups on Amazon for the recently released Cheap Trick at Budokan! box as well as the M*A*S*H* DVD box. the chief complaint about both collections is how the media is stored (cardboard sleeves). Of course, that all works the label's advantage. Damaged discs means the consumer will have to buy them again.

With CD packaging like that, I always put the discs in jewel boxes after I get them. That's what I did with my Led Zeppelin 10 CD set. I got 5 of those slim double disc jewel boxes. When you've got multi disc sets, it saves space using the double boxes.

It's too bad they aren't putting both the mono and stereo mixes on the regular individual CDs.

With CD packaging like that, I always put the discs in jewel boxes after I get them. That's what I did with my Led Zeppelin 10 CD set. I got 5 of those slim double disc jewel boxes. When you've got multi disc sets, it saves space using the double boxes.

That it does but I still prefer the full size jewel cases so you can see the label on the spine.

It's too bad they aren't putting both the mono and stereo mixes on the regular individual CDs.

Yeah they probably would fit just as they did for one of the many re-releases of Pets Sounds which managed to fit both mixes on one CD. Again, it just means more money into the pockets of the surviving Beatles and their families if the diehards wanna buy both collections.

When I was growing up, one of my older brother had all of these. He still has the diecast Yellow Submarine and I have the lunchbox. I have no idea what became of the model kit, he may still have it somewhere. According to the YouTube clip below, intact boxes of the model bring a pretty penny these days (as does the lunchbox). We also had some Beatles "moptop" wigs but they all bit the dust. Strangely enough, given the love of the Beatles in my family, none of them ever saw them live (I was far too young). Same goes for solo performances. I'm far from his biggest fan but I do hope to see McCartney someday, it'll be the closest I'll ever get to seeing the Beatles.

Yellow%2BSubmarine.jpg

yellowsubmarine.jpg

ysmodel.jpg

Edited by Jahfin

When I was growing up, one of my older brother had all of these. He still has the diecast Yellow Submarine and I have the lunchbox. I have no idea what became of the model kit, he may still have it somewhere. According to the YouTube clip below, intact boxes of the model bring a pretty penny these days (as does the lunchbox). We also had some Beatles "moptop" wigs but they all bit the dust. Strangely enough, given the love of the Beatles in my family, none of them ever saw them live (I was far too young). Same goes for solo performances. I'm far from his biggest fan but I do hope see McCartney someday, it'll be the closest I'll ever get to seeing the Beatles.

Yellow%2BSubmarine.jpg

yellowsubmarine.jpg

ysmodel.jpg

How's it going "Jahfin?" I hope all is well with you. I can tell the THE BEATLES is in your blood my friend, just like THE BEATLES will always be in mine. I've already pre-ordered both the Stereo and Mono Boxsets, I can't wait to hear both of them in their entirety. In the mean time, LONG LIVE THE BEATLES and ROCK ON my friend!

Does anyone know what the documetaries will be at the end of the albums? As the last track they all say ".... Documentary."

Too bad they couldn't have used this oppurtunity to make an offical DVD of Let It Be and MMT is almost out of print.

Edited by aen27

Does anyone know what the documetaries will be at the end of the albums? As the last track they all say ".... Documentary."

If I'm not mistaken, I previously posted the one for Revolver that was being hosted on the Beatles' website. They're "making of" docs that go with each record. The one for Beatles for Sale is up now.

Too bad they couldn't have used this oppurtunity to make an offical DVD of Let It Be and MMT is almost out of print.

I was reading something the other day which said that due to ongoing legal squabbles, Let It Be is not likely to be released in either Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney's lifetimes.

As for Magical Mystery Tour, please clarify as to it's availability. Not to be a smartass but I've never heard of anything being "almost of of print". Either new copies are being manufactured or they're not. I can't say I'm familiar with any sort of in between.