Did Plant ever write a song for / about Bonzo ?

kg723

Thought this would be the place to find help on this question. My friends and I were wondering if Plant ever wrote a song about Bonzo after he passed? We realized he wrote some for Karac but couldn't think of one about his childhood best friend,seems strange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The Memory Song is very haunting.

I didn't know it was about Jimmy but after listening to it, it does seem to be about him.

Prince of cool - are you lost without a crew? (sounds sarcastic)

and then later in the song says:

You are my friend, you are my friend You touch my soul.

The Memory Song is very haunting.

I didn't know it was about Jimmy but after listening to it, it does seem to be about him.

Prince of cool - are you lost without a crew? (sounds sarcastic)

and then later in the song says:

You are my friend, you are my friend You touch my soul.

That's why I always thought it was about Jimmy but I never interpreted the line: Prince of cool - are you lost without a crew? as sarcastic. I thought it was a genuine question from Robert to Jimmy because he knew how much Led Zeppelin meant to Jimmy.

Maybe he's serious but sarcstic at the same time. Do you know what I mean? He's serious because he knows how much it all meant to Jimmy, but thinks he needs to move on.

Hmm. Maybe I need to give it another listen. It's been a long time since I heard the song. I find some of the post-Zep Robert songs to be beautiful but depressing. "I Believe" (about Karac) is another one from Fate of Nations that I find terribly sad.

Edited to add: I don't know when Robert actually wrote the song but, if it was written during the time when Jimmy was having difficulties, I can't imagine that Robert would have been sarcastic toward him. I may be wrong here, though.

Let the Four Winds Blow is a beautiful song too. It's about Karac and if you really listen to it, you hear the story of Robert's recovery. I've never listen to I Believe all the way through, but I'm listening to it now.

Let the Four Winds Blow is a beautiful song too. It's about Karac and if you really listen to it, you hear the story of Robert's recovery. I've never listen to I Believe all the way through, but I'm listening to it now.

Thanks, I will. You've gotten me in the mood to listen to Fate of Nations. I can't listen to "I Believe" all the way through without crying.

Listen closely at the end of Memory Song, Plant exclaims what sounds like "Oh, Jimmy".

I believe 'Let The Four Winds Blow' COULD BE about John Bonham.

I thought I read it was about Karac. I could be wrong. I don't remember where I read it either.

Who was on the higher side of the chart?

I'm going from memory here so don't flame me:

The Coverdale/Page album was released in March 1993, while Fate of Nations was released in June 1993.

C/P's single 'Pride and Joy' scored the highest chart position, but Plant had three singles with chart success and heavy rotation on MTV: 'Calling to You', 'I Believe', & '29 Palms'.

Given that none of the chart success would have been known while recording, it's a safe bet to say it had nothing to do with the exclamation he made. Another thing I've

just realized is he exclaims 'Oh, Jimmy!" at the end of 'Calling to You', and NOT 'Memory Song', which can thus be interpreted as a song for Bonham without distraction.

Archived