2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

^^ Yeah, I'll probably get to the MLB contest sometime next month. As for the actual season, have not seen many of the headlines--aside from Darvish going to the Cubs. Have no idea what shape my Mets are in or what expectations for the coming season--maybe those damn Nationals will win the East, again.

22 hours ago, Strider said:

Jesus, snow is still on the ground. Hahaha. Why in such a rush to see your Orioles fail again, Rick? 😜

Just not sure if I will be around when the season starts?  Depends on how things go.  So I will wait on you guys to post.  As for Paul's post, I feel the same way.  I have looked at the depth chart and we need to pick up a quality starter.  But I do like our lineup  I would not count the Orioles out.  

Does anyone know if the former Yankees skipper is still interested in managing?  Has he been hired?

22 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Orioles have started making moves and one Manny Machado is still wearing the black and orange.   Bring it on bitch's

We will. Yankees will win the World Series in 2018.  You heard it here first!

On 2/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, Walter said:

We will. Yankees will win the World Series in 2018.  You heard it here first!

Ha.  Ok.  Judge and Stanton against the world huh?  I think it was a big mistake firing Girardi.  We will see.  Its going to be a race. My sleeper team in all of baseball is the White Sox.  They are young and upcoming. I might be a year early gauging them, but they are going to be a bitch very soon.  I think the Dodgers are too good to be caught in the NL in one year.  Dodgers and Cubs and and Nats.  Sleeper, Brewers who just picked up Cain from Royals.   I put a few futures in.  Small wagers with huge returns. Example, an all Chicago series.  $2 to get $999.   A rematch for $5 gets you $64.  The smallest.  Yankees and Dodgers is getting some action.  I have Orioles vs Dodgers, Cubs.   White Sox to win the Central, $5 to win $140.  Orioles $5 to win $75 on the division.  More moves are coming.  Now that Wellington Castillo is gone to the White Sox I am certain Sisco is starting for the O's

15 hours ago, OceanZoso said:

Well being from the Philadelphia area, the Phillies haven't been fun watch for the past 5 years or so, lol.. but until they get better and win the World Series again, I'll be watching the Orioles :hurrah:

I remember well that series when Cal Ripken Jr was a rookie and won the Series vs the Phillies.  I have a friend who is somewhere in the Carolina's now that is still celebrating the Eagles win and is a huge Phillies fan and goes to the home opener every year without fail.  My last excursion to see my Orioles was to AT&T park in SF.  I just had to see that park.  Of course seeing Vegas and LA and SD was fun too.  I am hoping we have a great year.  I am also hoping Duquette pulls off one more move on a pitcher.  Its expected to happen.  I am also expecting him to acquire another outfielder?  With Machado moving to short, and Beckham to 3rd I am guessing, I am not sure of the plan for Hardy?  Schoop is going to play second.  I wonder if Hardy is going to be traded?  The Yankees wanted him last year.  Some team could surely use him as he is a solid SS and a good hitter. 

^^^Splendid news, ebk! Say hi to the Walters for us.

Did the Cubs watch the same Yu Darvish I did last year? I guess the Cubs are desperate for an arm that can give them 200 plus innings during the regular season...a number three or four starter. But they better not count on him during the playoffs. He is no Jake Arietta.

7 hours ago, ebk said:

Just booked our hotel for Spring Training - yay!  Hope to catch up with the lovely Walter and the lovelier Mrs. Walter!!!

Very much looking forward to seeing you two as well!!!  

This Hell week is finally over...  Leaving Monday for a week long trip to DC with Junior’s 8th grade class. 

I’m about ready to go to bed right now.

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Very much looking forward to seeing you two as well!!!  

This Hell week is finally over...  Leaving Monday for a week long trip to DC with Junior’s 8th grade class. 

I’m about ready to go to bed right now.

We get home Tuesday.  If you can ditch Junior for a moment, let me know.  I'd love to see you!! (I'll even meet Junior if it comes to that ;) )

9 hours ago, ebk said:

We get home Tuesday.  If you can ditch Junior for a moment, let me know.  I'd love to see you!! (I'll even meet Junior if it comes to that ;) )

Haha! We are on a school trip and can’t leave the group. But I’ll contact you and let you know what the itinerary is. 😘

30 minutes ago, ebk said:

Darn - I was hoping that would be one of you and Junior on the bus heading to DC!  Who needs that pic??  :D 

We FINALLY just got here. Loooooong day. Going to the Smithsonians tomorrow from 10-5:30.  Trying to decide which to go to - we have passes for the African-American History and Culture. 

44 minutes ago, Walter said:

We FINALLY just got here. Loooooong day. Going to the Smithsonians tomorrow from 10-5:30.  Trying to decide which to go to - we have passes for the African-American History and Culture. 

If you have passes to that museum, definitely use them!!  I haven't been able to score a pass on a weekend yet.  My other favorite Smithsonian is the American History Museum.  I always gravitate to history over art, and that one is closest to the theatre where I worked.  It was great to be able to go over and catch a couple of exhibits between shows (and also hit the gift shop!)

I've heard the cafe at the American Indian museum is quite good.  And the museum is also quite good (but I'm all about the food...)  Have fun!!

Archived