2018 MLB season thread

LedZeppfan1977

13 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Breaking news:  The Baltimore Orioles won a game!  

Yes I know the season is a train wreck so far.  I do not need a heckler like you to remind. me.   I canceled my MLB account.  Looking forward to World Cup of Soccer.  I do not know if they plan to try and win and salvage the season or fold the damn tents?  Tillman is a sack of crap.  I would have went him packing.  He is pitching tonight.  Maybe with me trashing him here he toss's a no hitter.  Doubt it. I did not see Boston going 17-2 either.  So go cheer on your Cardinals.  They have no chance either. The Cubs woke up last night didn't  they.  At least the Orioles have won a few Series.  I have that.  Machado is likely to get traded.  That would be the start of a major rebuild?  Unless they can put together a streak.  When they went up to NY and took 3 of 4 from the Yankees I thought they had some promise.  But Machado is the only one that has hit. Davis is a lost cause.

17 hours ago, Strider said:

When is Buck Showalter gonna be on the 'hot seat'?

Who knows.  A NO HITTER BY THE  Athletics pitcher vs the Red Sox!!!!!!  Big news.  Your Angels are doing pretty good so far.  The old saying is that you can't win a pennant in April but you can lose one.  Oh yeah.

I know that this will not sit well with many others, but the Saint Louis Cardinals are currently in First Place. 

I realize this doesn't mean much after 20 games into the 2018 season, but it sure beats loving a team your whole life that is currently 10 games under .500.  

I have and will always believe in the Saint Louis Cardinals.  No matter what happens, the Cardinals are one of the best and most Respected Baseball Teams of All-Time.  (That is a Fact).

I actually feel sorry for you Rick.  The Baltimore Orioles are, so far one of the worst teams currently in Basebal.  That must not feel to good for such a person as yourself.  Do you have any hopes that their season will turn around?

^^ Yeah, you can't go 162-0--not that I have any real feelings about the Cards, I just get a little tired of them in the playoffs every year. Sometimes, you need to shake it up in October & see some new blood. 

I have my mind on the Phillies and whether they are really ready this year. And the Cubs--plenty of time for them to bounce back...

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yeah, you can't go 162-0--not that I have any real feelings about the Cards, I just get a little tired of them in the playoffs every year. Sometimes, you need to shake it up in October & see some new blood. 

I have my mind on the Phillies and whether they are really ready this year. And the Cubs--plenty of time for them to bounce back...

I know what you mean and I know that there are many on here who feel the same way.  However, the Saint Louis Cardinals have failed to make the playoffs the past two seasons.  I hope that that changes this year.  

I didn't see today's game between the Mets and Cardinals but I was tracking it on my phone.  It seemed like a hard fought game with the Cardinals winning in the bottom of the 13th.

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Did I see correctly?  The Baltimore Orioles won another game?  

1 hitter by Tillman and its April.  So as bad as things are, Trumbo and Britton will return and Schoop.  They need to go on a rampage.  I expect the White Sox to do such.  They are starting to click. A young team that will be heard from very soon

The Saint Louis Cardinals came back from behind to beat the Chicago Cubs earlier today.  The Cardinals are currently in First Place in the NL Central.  However this early in the season there is already a tight race between all the teams in this division minus the Reds.  

Regardless of how the Cards may look on paper, they seem to be always in their for the race!  We'll see as just over a month into the season.

Another thing as being a big Mets fan, I'm glad Harvey is pretty much gone from the team!  Not a team player in any way and he pretty much signed his own ticket out of New York.  So much talent, but his own doing.  He can't deal not only with the NY media, but himself as well.  He was an amazing talent when he came up.  His downfall may have begun in 2015 in the World Series when he insisted on staying in game 5 against KC and things imploded on him then.  The consensus is that very few Mets fans will miss him.  I don't see anyone picking him up in their rotation. Only option is minors and what he rejected the other day from the Mets.  The thing is that he had a great outing with his first start of the year and dominated but so different after this.

Heard some interesting info about Harvey when he was drafted.  Originally, the Angels selected him but he and his father insisted on a $2 million signing bonus and basically non-negotiable!  They never heard back from the Angels.  He signed with Mets and I believe bonus was for $1 million.  Just so full of himself and his dad seems to be much of the problem. 

I'm not sure if I should admit that he's from my home state of CT!  The guy has some serious problems and I don't ever see him returning to that level of pitching excellence, when he came up.  It's not just the Tommy John surgery to get over but other things.

Hey Rick, not to be a Dick (that actually rhymes), but why the such low-profile from you regarding your Baltimore Orioles?  Usually you are a staunch defender of them.  Is it because the Orioles record is currently 8 wins and 25 losses?  I will admit that it is a very sad and dire situation when your favorite team is still on the single wins bracket almost a,month into the season. 

Any comment?

8 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Hey Rick, not to be a Dick (that actually rhymes), but why the such low-profile from you regarding your Baltimore Orioles?  Usually you are a staunch defender of them.  Is it because the Orioles record is currently 8 wins and 25 losses?  I will admit that it is a very sad and dire situation when your favorite team is still on the single wins bracket almost a,month into the season. 

Any comment?

They are not only having a horrible season of epic proportions, I do not know what is going on?  They are not this bad on paper.  There has to be some type of rebellion against Showalter. Yesterday Gausman pitched a gem and it was his second in a row.  But no reward.  9 innings of shutout ball and they do not score one damn run for him.  Machado is doing his part however and will likely start for the AL at Shortstop.  He is one of the best players in the game and is having a very good year. I am wondering if the plan is to trade him or build around him?  I do not know the financial situation but they are not on the same playing level as the Red Sox or Yankees.  IE, do not have the deep pockets those teams have or even your Cardinals have. Baltimore is small market and like the Pirates have paid dearly for years for being such.  Guys like Jake Arrieta came up through Baltimore but then they leave for the big money.  I am not sure if it makes sense to trade Machado.  I would not. The Dodgers have said they wont pay the price.  But they are already paying the price for not trying to make a deal for Machado.  Where the hell are they going without him?  The only two guys in the world I would consider in an even up trade for Machado would be Betts or Bellinger. I am a huge fan of Cody Bellinger.  That kid is great.  But so is Manny.  The Orioles have problems that go deeper than the surface is showing.  When Schoop and Britton come back later in the month or week, they will have a team on paper that is far better than their record suggests.  I think they have forced the hand for Buck's being fired.  How can they not fire him?  Is the season already over?  Pretty much. Unless they somehow wake up and it seems that firing Buck is inevitable. Why I do not know.  I always liked him. But obviously some players have quit on him.

10 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They are not only having a horrible season of epic proportions, I do not know what is going on?  They are not this bad on paper.  There has to be some type of rebellion against Showalter. Yesterday Gausman pitched a gem and it was his second in a row.  But no reward.  9 innings of shutout ball and they do not score one damn run for him.  Machado is doing his part however and will likely start for the AL at Shortstop.  He is one of the best players in the game and is having a very good year. I am wondering if the plan is to trade him or build around him?  I do not know the financial situation but they are not on the same playing level as the Red Sox or Yankees.  IE, do not have the deep pockets those teams have or even your Cardinals have. Baltimore is small market and like the Pirates have paid dearly for years for being such.  Guys like Jake Arrieta came up through Baltimore but then they leave for the big money.  I am not sure if it makes sense to trade Machado.  I would not. The Dodgers have said they wont pay the price.  But they are already paying the price for not trying to make a deal for Machado.  Where the hell are they going without him?  The only two guys in the world I would consider in an even up trade for Machado would be Betts or Bellinger. I am a huge fan of Cody Bellinger.  That kid is great.  But so is Manny.  The Orioles have problems that go deeper than the surface is showing.  When Schoop and Britton come back later in the month or week, they will have a team on paper that is far better than their record suggests.  I think they have forced the hand for Buck's being fired.  How can they not fire him?  Is the season already over?  Pretty much. Unless they somehow wake up and it seems that firing Buck is inevitable. Why I do not know.  I always liked him. But obviously some players have quit on him.

I read your post.  It does suck if some Orioles players have quit or given up on your manager.  It suggests some sort or a lot of discord amonst the team.  Believe it or not, I feel bad for you.  (That is right now, if the Orioles come back and make it to the World Series against the Cardinals, we shall be trash talking rivals again). 

21 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I read your post.  It does suck if some Orioles players have quit or given up on your manager.  It suggests some sort or a lot of discord amonst the team.  Believe it or not, I feel bad for you.  (That is right now, if the Orioles come back and make it to the World Series against the Cardinals, we shall be trash talking rivals again). 

Better chance of me hitting the Power Ball lottery 3 draws in a row.  I do believe they have quit except for Machado and Gausman

Archived