HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Hermit

I didn't click the link yet, but I bet that's the episode of WKRP in Cincinatti where Les Nessman says, "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly", right? I bet it is

Isn't it Arthur Carlson that says that?

...and doesn't Les say at some point "Oh the humanity!".a la the Hindenburg disaster?

I ran the Turkey Trot 10K this morning in downtown Detroit, they had a record participation of 9,500 people, and we ran along the parade route (parade started right after the race).

Since I burned off about 1,000 calories in the race, I went to town on eating! Dinner at 3:30 with the family, then a second round at 9:00!

I survived!!! :o

Had two drinks pronto, and everyone was well behaved.

The merlot with dinner also helped.

Half of us were napping on various beds, couches, wherever, till the bird was done. I wanted to help but they kicked me out of the kitchen everytime I went in.

No disasters! :oB)

Funny. I watched an old episode of "Dharma and Greg" and it was so funny all about disasters, that was one of them, not taking out the "bag" of goodies. YUK!

Then they went to Greg's mom's house and she of course never cooks and the turkey came out black, smoking and frozen inside!

It was a hysterical episode.

:lol:

I almost called my mom to find the "bag of goodies," but after I'd put my hand inside the body cavity about thirty times, I figured that there weren't any. WRONG! Who the hell would know that they put the "goodies" in the visually undetectable "neck cavity?" Not me. Sure as hell not me. I've even cooked turkeys before. :bagoverhead:

I was a bit worried about the turkey coming out that way...but I've got enough cooking experience to know how to cook poultry--I guess that is just a giant full chicken, really. When my dad was alive, I roasted a turkey for Christmas Eve dinner every year becuase we always spent Christmas Eve with him. It's been almost 5 years now...but I was in the habit of cooking them at one time... :lol:

Edited by manderlyh

I almost called my mom to find the "bag of goodies," but after I'd put my hand inside the body cavity about thirty times, I figured that there weren't any. WRONG! Who the hell would know that they put the "goodies" in the visually undetectable "neck cavity?" Not me. Sure as hell not me. I've even cooked turkeys before. :bagoverhead:

I was a bit worried about the turkey coming out that way...but I've got enough cooking experience to know how to cook poultry--I guess that is just a giant full chicken, really. When my dad was alive, I roasted a turkey for Christmas Eve dinner every year becuase we always spent Christmas Eve with him. It's been almost 5 years now...but I was in the habit of cooking them at one time... :lol:

I stuff the neck cavity too

:hysterical:

Hey, ya gotta learn somehow huh?

I always helped my Mom when I was little and knew where all that "stuff" was.

She would cook a stock pot for hours with the "stuff" simmering. I never did like it chopped up in ANYTHING.

The chick who made our gravy put the giblets in it.....caca.

I was going to boil the giblets and the neck in the chicken broth to get more fat for gravy. But seeing as I couldn't FIND the giblets....

I would have stuffed the neck cavity, had I known it were there. :bagoverhead:

Edited by manderlyh

Good idea! I had my cat underfoot all day long! Eventually, I put some pieces of turkey in a bowl with gravy over it. Looks like he just ate the gravy. :lol:

He was underfoot all day long! He drove me crazy! At one point, he was meowing his "I'm-dying-give-me-something-to-eat-right-now meow," I got down to his level and started meowing back. :lol: He freaks out at the sound of a can opening, so when I was putting together the green bean casserole (made with peas instead...) he was flipping out!

• 4 years later...