Does Jimmy Still Play ?

Paganini

On 2/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, ScarletMacaw said:

Couple of comments: First, how old are you? At 54 I'm not the same person I was at 44. At 44 I backpacked the Grand Canyon. Now I can walk a mile or two, and I avoid stairs. It's called growing older. 

As for Buddy Guy, I saw him perform in 2015 and in 2016 with Jeff Beck. It's time for him to retire. His act now is 50 percent guitar playing and 50 percent shtick. There are a few moments worth listening to and the rest of it is annoying. 

as a blues music lover, I have to agree, Buddy is pathetic now, he can still play as fast as anyone, ever, but the material STINKS and the histrionics are embarrassing. The shouting/screaming - ouch!! Glad someone agrees w/ me, finally. BTW, I always loved his stuff w/ Junior Wells.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

The most likely chance you have of seeing Jimmy play again is in a courtroom when they ask him to play the intro to "Stairway to Heaven".

Probably correct.

R😎

• 2 weeks later...

It seems unlikely - it sounds weird and stupid but I was convinced I could convince him o pick up the guitar again if I ever had the chance to meet him. Fuck the fawning over him and kissing his ass. Just ask him the real questions that music junkies want answered like "what the fuck is going on pick up a guitar again". You would think that of the musicians who know him would ask him these questions but it doesn't seem like anyone does.

I truly think he is done playing guitar in a band. He tried with Outrider that was decent but it never grew into anything interesting. The firm was a good little flame but then that burned itself out. Robert Plant has moved away from hard rock so a Zeppelin was never in the picture. 

I stopped listening to Jimmy page remarks about getting an album out or being seen on stage. I think we may get something new when he has moved on to the next world. 

1 hour ago, The Danelectro said:

1. Depending on volume, an electric isn't gonna vibrate more than an acoustic.

2. Headphones are a thing.

3. Any statement Page makes is almost certainly a ploy to overplay the "sensitivity" of the house. 

11 hours ago, The Danelectro said:

I wish he’d have a 3D tour created of his historical home to be documented. 

... maybe, with him playing guitar, too.

R😎

Edited by reids

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2019 at 1:06 PM, Urozep said:

As a medical doctor, I have looked at recent video of JP . I see no evidence of Ostro or rheumatoid arthritis!! I don’t buy the arthritis rumour. As for us Hoping he could play like 30-50 years ago,  It’s wishful thinking. As was said above, we all age and lose hand eye coordination. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t perform meaningfully tho IMO.

Agreed- I’ve not seen anything worrying on his body language or general physical state ..in fact he looks very healthy considering what’s been ingested over the years. But obviously, at 75 now his eyesight will be shot ..no way would he even be able to see the fretboard without reading glasses and most likely his hearing would be greatly diminished as well. 

On 7/9/2019 at 9:39 AM, reids said:

I wish he’d have a 3D tour created of his historical home to be documented. 

... maybe, with him playing guitar, too.

R😎

Standing in front of it was freaking surreal.  What a way to end my first day in London!  Jimmy doesn’t have gutters - he has gargoyles.  From what I’ve read, the small square brick room off the left side of the house is where magical things come out of his guitars.  There were issues with neighbors on that side installing lifts and he wasn’t happy.  The neighbor’s house wrapped in construction barriers in the pic.   I think he’s some financial bigwig.  

It amazes me that it withstood the blitz.  His neighborhood is peppered with those plaques on them that say “House bombed - 1940”  

#31 is Robbie Williams’ house for giggles. 

5211A2C2-3DE3-404F-98A0-0F5AE1C4D6F3.jpeg

08095513-BEA7-4675-A4CC-AD708DC279C2.jpeg

D584B80B-F8F4-4DA3-BBE9-2D180C637AAF.jpeg

E3FC0BC0-A35A-460D-9146-E8B19D2AD86B.jpeg

673E5495-DD87-4D93-B361-A16BF07E2125.jpeg

2ABE874E-7A2D-418E-9BD6-9367E54F02B2.jpeg

Edited by The Danelectro

1 hour ago, The Danelectro said:

Standing in front of it was freaking surreal.  What a way to end my first day in London!  Jimmy doesn’t have gutters - he has gargoyles.  From what I’ve read, the small square brick room off the left side of the house is where magical things come out of his guitars.  There were issues with neighbors on that side installing lifts and he wasn’t happy.  The neighbor’s house wrapped in construction barriers in the pic.   I think he’s some financial bigwig.  

It amazes me that it withstood the blitz.  His neighborhood is peppered with those plaques on them that say “House bombed - 1940”  

#31 is Robbie Williams’ house for giggles. 

5211A2C2-3DE3-404F-98A0-0F5AE1C4D6F3.jpeg

08095513-BEA7-4675-A4CC-AD708DC279C2.jpeg

D584B80B-F8F4-4DA3-BBE9-2D180C637AAF.jpeg

E3FC0BC0-A35A-460D-9146-E8B19D2AD86B.jpeg

673E5495-DD87-4D93-B361-A16BF07E2125.jpeg

2ABE874E-7A2D-418E-9BD6-9367E54F02B2.jpeg

Cool. Thx for sharing & enjoy your stay in London.

R😎

On 8/15/2019 at 12:26 AM, The Danelectro said:

Sadly, I’m not there at the moment but I was literally just pricing packages to London I’ll definitely be back!  What an amazing city!

😎👍

R😎