"Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" Anyone else looking forward to this film?

kipper

I actually happened to see this last weekend.  I thought it was terrible (I'm not a Tarantino fan, FWIW).  Way too long and too random.  I really don't get all the fuss over it (although again, I've never understood all the fuss over Tarantino to begin with).  I guess people still think it's edgy to say "fuck" in almost every sentence.

Edited by JohnOsbourne

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I actually happened to see this last weekend.  I thought it was terrible (I'm not a Tarantino fan, FWIW).  Way too long and too random.  I really don't get all the fuss over it (although again, I've never understood all the fuss over Tarantino to begin with).  I guess people still think it's edgy to say "fuck" in almost every sentence.

Did you see it at the theater? The ending was the best part. If only. 

8 hours ago, redrum said:

Did you see it at the theater? The ending was the best part. If only. 

No, watched it on HBO w/wife.  For some reason she likes it (she does not like violent movies, and I'm pretty sure she's never seen things like Pulp Fiction), I'm guessing because of the two leads.  By the time they killed the Manson followers, I was bored and wanted the whole thing to end, I couldn't even appreciate the over-the-top absurdity of the violence. 

On 6/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

Good points John, movies with actual stories and character development are just silly. Next time, I suggest we talk about something more easily mentally digestible such as Ernest Scared Stupid or Babe, Pig in the City.

Thoughts?

47 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Good points John, movies with actual stories and character development are just silly. Next time, I suggest we talk about something more easily mentally digestible such as Ernest Scared Stupid or Babe, Pig in the City.

Thoughts?

You take yourself way too seriously.  

• 1 month later...

Tarrantino's new book "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" is now out. It is a novelization of the film, with much more stuff in it than the film. Available in paperback

I found it interesting that he insisted on paper back, dubbing it for "mass market" and priced at under $10.  Very smart marketing really, I'm sure he will make more selling in quantity, than if he was selling $25 hardbook versions.

Also if people are interested, the audio book of this is narrated by actress Jennifer Jason Leigh.

spacer.png

https://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Time-Hollywood-Novel/dp/0063112523

Lastly for those who may be interested. Quentin Tarrantino was recently interviewed on the Joe Rogan show. For those who are fans of Tarrantino, or who are fans of Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, I strongly suggest you check it out.  It has some really great stuff in the interview, and some candid details Tarrantino talks about over the film, his career, and other things. The podcast is nearly 3 hours, but I enjoyed all of it. Rogan did a great interview, and Tarrantino was very happy to answer all questions and then beyond add more info. His comments about actor Bruce Lee were great.

Here is a link on youtube which is audio only. The Rogan interviews are now on spotify, but you would need an account, so youtube works better for many.