One year ago today Zeppelin streaming service?

Night_flight3030

Almost one year ago this September Led Zeppelin camp announced they are creating a new streaming service for their live concerts that have only been available on decent to Horrible bootleg now YouTube (thankful for that) well it’s one year later and I am asking why no update on this issue or any other projects that Jimmy Page has said would be coming out? I’ve almost come to the conclusion that all Zeppelin related material (live recordings, studio masters*,) will only be completely finished when Page has took the door to stairway to Heaven. 

*  any new recordings like digital 5.1 or DTS , or a complete  analog pressing vinyl. 

2 hours ago, Night_flight3030 said:

Almost one year ago this September Led Zeppelin camp announced they are creating a new streaming service for their live concerts that have only been available on decent to Horrible bootleg now YouTube (thankful for that) well it’s one year later and I am asking why no update on this issue or any other projects that Jimmy Page has said would be coming out? I’ve almost come to the conclusion that all Zeppelin related material (live recordings, studio masters*,) will only be completely finished when Page has took the door to stairway to Heaven. 

*  any new recordings like digital 5.1 or DTS , or a complete  analog pressing vinyl. 

Wait, I dont really recall the “Band” officially saying anything about an official streaming service.  There was a patent taken out or something like that and the rest was rampant speculation.  

Steve A Jones May know more...

20 hours ago, Night_flight3030 said:

Can you recall, or prove, where that was mentioned officially? I don't recall that. It would never happen EVER. The royalties for the Whole Lotta Love medleys would be huge. 

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-streaming-concerts/

So basically it was speculation based on the wording of the patent/trademark  filling application for the name Led Zeppelin Experience, because it mentions "live songs" specifically....also, based on what Page said about lots of material coming out in the next 10 years. It doesn't appear he or any other member of the band was ever quoted directly saying there would be a streaming service. But the article got people buzzing about it because of the nature of the application and the LedZepNews story, I think. Maybe someone like Sam or SAJ could confirm or refute this. So far, LZE has meant a book, skateboard and shoes, maybe an umbrella....🤔

I haven't heard the cork pop yet Robert.  😒

Edited by porgie66

1 hour ago, porgie66 said:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-streaming-concerts/

So basically it was speculation based on the wording of the patent/trademark  filling application for the name Led Zeppelin Experience, because it mentions "live songs" specifically....also, based on what Page said about lots of material coming out in the next 10 years. It doesn't appear he or any other member of the band was ever quoted directly saying there would be a streaming service. But the article got people buzzing about it because of the nature of the application and the LedZepNews story, I think. Maybe someone like Sam or SAJ could confirm or refute this. So far, LZE has meant a book, skateboard and shoes, maybe an umbrella....🤔

I haven't heard the cork pop yet Robert.  😒

Thank  for the clarification that’s what I’ve read to that it was gonna be a streaming service with live music but taken from the comments that I’ve read here it does look like it’s gonna be a skateboard shoes and an umbrella but I wouldn’t mind having.

http://ledzepnews.com/2018/09/19/exclusive-led-zeppelin-may-be-working-on-an-online-streaming-service-for-its-live-recordings/

Checked this article and I wonder though, because it seems that the wording in the patent has similar wording to a patent that was filed to start a streaming service for Prince's music. I wonder if they're just working through the tapes and waiting to start this up or there were some other issues we don't know about.

2 hours ago, Jason Khavari said:

http://ledzepnews.com/2018/09/19/exclusive-led-zeppelin-may-be-working-on-an-online-streaming-service-for-its-live-recordings/

Checked this article and I wonder though, because it seems that the wording in the patent has similar wording to a patent that was filed to start a streaming service for Prince's music. I wonder if they're just working through the tapes and waiting to start this up or there were some other issues we don't know about.

Yes, exactly. That very well may be, and who knows what the dark lord really has up his sleeves.

15 hours ago, Jason Khavari said:

Zeppelin time. Different to normal time!