Happy New Year.

spats

It's nice to hear that you are making progess-i.e. talking to someone who isn't your "type". And that you actually enjoyed it. The thing is, though, that it is kinda scary to just be like "Oh, I like you, here's my phone number." Even for girls. Especially if you are shy, or if you aren't 100 percent certain the person likes you back! When she left it up to you, she probably wasn't trying to be "old-fashioned", she was probably just trying to gage how much you liked her.

Stop talking common sense, Bonnie.lol

I probably didn't make it 100% i liked her because she wasn't hot. So she probably didn't know for sure if i liked her in a dating way. I don't know exactly why she was leaving it up to me but most women do it because they like to play games and feel the guy should do it.

She was not ugly by any means. She had a pretty nice body. Her boobies weren't as big as i like but still okay. Just not Hot. She is what one would call a plain jane. And I have never hooked up with one before. That would be a new experience for me. I though she was attractive enough but because i don't usually go for women like her it probaby didn't show. Her looks didn't excite me like the girls i usually hook up with.

Asking for a number can be scary. That's what guys go through all the time. Girls don't understand what guys go through. Girls need to stop thinking that if a guy doesn't ask for their number than he is not interested. They have this stereotypical view of guys. The guy could be either shy or be like me and do it for the reasons i do it.

Because?

Because of the million reasons everyone here has been telling you forever. If you still don't get it, you never will. It's an endless, tiring circle where you spout off, everyone tells you you're an idiot, you naively say "who me? why?", everyone tells you why, you say "I don't see the problem, I'm just being me"...and the process repeats ad nauseum, with everyone frustrated, and you still clueless.

Because of the million reasons everyone here has been telling you forever. If you still don't get it, you never will. It's an endless, tiring circle where you spout off, everyone tells you you're an idiot, you naively say "who me? why?", everyone tells you why, you say "I don't see the problem, I'm just being me"...and the process repeats ad nauseum, with everyone frustrated, and you still clueless.

I don't think i will be alone forever. There are still some cool girls out there. One of my buddies is currently dating one. She can't be the only one.

Nah spats, she would have left with nothing if you two had got further that night...

I am not a horrible guy. And she was definately interested and i get approached in clubs sometimes so there must be something that they see that attracts them. I can't be as bad as you think.

I don't think i will be alone forever. There are still some cool girls out there. One of my buddies is currently dating one. She can't be the only one.

Yes, there are, but most of them want cool guys, so their sheer existence doesn't really solve your problem.

There's plenty of cool girls out there, this isn't about them, it's about YOU.

You might be looking for a cool girl, but no cool girl is looking for a Spats.

I am not a horrible guy. And she was definately interested and i get approached in clubs sometimes so there must be something that they see that attracts them. I can't be as bad as you think.

I haven't said that you're horrible. You just seem to me as utterly uninteresting and sometimes annoying.

Yeah, maybe they do see something when they approach you in clubs (I can't judge, I've never seen you), but that apparently doesn't bring any results, or does it?

There's plenty of cool girls out there, this isn't about them, it's about YOU.

You might be looking for a cool girl, but no cool girl is looking for a Spats.

Cool girls will be interested in me because we are going have things in common. They like and dislike the same things i like and dislike.

Like weddings? :rolleyes:

Well i am not expecting miracles. A guy would be hard pressed to find a girl who doesn't like going to weddings. BUT... a cool girl would not mind or pressure her boyfriend into going to a wedding or wedding reception with her if he didn't want to go. she would leave him alone and respect the fact he that he didn't like that stuff.

You won't let go of the wedding thing will ya?lol There is nothing wrong with not liking to go to weddings.

Well i am not expecting miracles. A guy would be hard pressed to find a girl who doesn't like going to weddings. BUT... a cool girl would not mind or pressure her boyfriend into going to a wedding or wedding reception with her if he didn't want to go. she would leave him alone and respect the fact he that he didn't like that stuff.

You won't let go of the wedding thing will ya?lol There is nothing wrong with not liking to go to weddings.

My god you have a lot to learn. THAT is why you'll be alone forever.

When it comes to type of women you like- straight glamour girls- the vast majority of them love weddings. Plenty of them plan their dream wedding all through childhood. And what is more, they frequently not only attend but participate in the weddings of their friends. Your desire not to attend weddings is a big problem for anything but the most casual relationship, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Take a hint though- next time you're at the supermarket count the bridal magazines.

Perhaps you do look just fine....eventually you have to get past the admiration stage to forge a relationship of even the most shallow sort.

I'm guessing the next phase is where the woman starts to figure out that she should have not made the first move after all.

And we're the lucky recipients of your unending angst.

Joy.

I hate going to weddings. Most people I know hate going to weddings...but if I werew to go to a wedding, I'd ask my boyfriend to go with me...even if I knew he didn't want to go. I DON'T WANT TO GO, but the people getting married invited me for a reason...therefore, my boyfriend better go with me... (that's one of the FEW things I insist upon).

I hate going to weddings. Most people I know hate going to weddings...but if I werew to go to a wedding, I'd ask my boyfriend to go with me...even if I knew he didn't want to go. I DON'T WANT TO GO, but the people getting married invited me for a reason...therefore, my boyfriend better go with me... (that's one of the FEW things I insist upon).

You don't have to go though. Just tell them you don't like going to weddings. I have done it quite a few times with some buddies weddings. They would prefer i go but they understand that i don't like that stuff and don't push it.

Why would you want your boyfriend to go with you?

When it comes to type of women you like- straight glamour girls- the vast majority of them love weddings. Plenty of them plan their dream wedding all through childhood. And what is more, they frequently not only attend but participate in the weddings of their friends. Your desire not to attend weddings is a big problem for anything but the most casual relationship, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Take a hint though- next time you're at the supermarket count the bridal magazines.

I am not into glamour girls. Just Pretty girls.

I understand most women love weddings for whatever reason. I am not expecting to find a woman who doesn't. But i am hoping for a woman to respect my desicion not to atttend it. And not pressure me to go. I don't and have never asked a girl to do anything she didn't want to do or pressure her into anything. I have gone to sporting events without them because they didn't want to go. I was fine with that. I have gone to movies that they didn't want to see. if i can do that then they should be able to do that.

Archived