2019-2020 Season NFL Playoff Picks Pool

Walter

So here we go...Rick is in at 6 points. So, if he picks the winning SB team, he wins. If not, a slew of others can pick the other team and then get a closer point total to win. Very exciting!! 

LedZeppfan1977 6-4 - 6 points 

zepscoda 5-5 - 5 points 

jabe 5-5 - 5 points

paul carruthers 5-5 - 5 points 

ebk 5-5 - 5 points 

Walter 5-5 - 5 points

redrum 5-5 - 5 points 

Mrs W. 5-5 - 5 points

junior 4-6 - 4 points

Strider 1-9 - 1 point

, I am sure the disdain for seeing my name on top is widespread.  Oh well.  Let it be known, the point spread on the Super Bowl is a PICK.   A true rarity.  54 is the over and under.   Paul has made his pick above, if he wish's to bump it fine.  I just wanted all to know the line on the game.  Some might find it not important but let me just remind you that the two representatives of this game were 9 point favorites in the title games and both covered

Super Bowl LIV - Miami, Florida

Sunday, February 2 @ 6:30 pm

San Francisco 49’ers @ Kansas City Chiefs

Please select the game winner and a point total. They are exclusive of each other. The point total will be used as a tie breaker, in the event multiple contestants are tied.

Edited by Walter

I may have to look this over again when sober...but I think a shit load of people tied.  jabe and Mrs W appear to each be 5 points off the total, so they tied for the win.  I’ll check in again in the morning...congrats Chiefs!! 

Final Standings:

We have a 5-way tie for the most correct picks, the tie breaking as total points and two are exactly 5 points off the total, plus the 2nd tie breaker would resort back to picking the SB winner - which they both picked KC.  So, congratulations to jabe and Mrs. Walter for being co-champions of the NFL playoffs picking pool for the 2019-2020 season!  :cheer: :cheer: 

🏆   jabe 6-5 - 6 points - total points 46 (-5)

🏆  Mrs Walter 6-5 - 6 points - total points 56 (-5)

LedZeppfan1977 6-5 - 6 points - total points 57 (-6)

Walter 6-5 - 6 points - total points 61 (-10) 

zepscoda 6-5 - 6 points - total points 82 (-31) 

paul carruthers 5-6 - 5 points 

ebk 5-6 - 5 points 

redrum 5-6 - 5 points 

junior 5-6 - 5 points

Strider 1-10 - 1 point

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Final Standings:

We have a 5-way tie for the most correct picks, the tie breaking as total points and two are exactly 5 points off the total, plus the 2nd tie breaker would resort back to picking the SB winner - which they both picked KC.  So, congratulations to jabe and Mrs. Walter for being co-champions of the NFL playoffs picking pool for the 2019-2020 season!  :cheer: :cheer: 

🏆   jabe 6-5 - 6 points - total points 46 (-5)

🏆  Mrs Walter 6-5 - 6 points - total points 56 (-5)

:thumbsup:

On a final note:

It was a good game, but I think the announcers jinxed the Niners by constantly yammering on about how Mahomes had 'magic' for 4th quarter comebacks. I wish they'd keep their fuckin' mouth shut. But, the world didn't end by them losing. I'm happy for Hank Stram that the Chiefs won. Stram was one of the best NFL announcers ever. (Take that, Aikman & Buck). He passed away on July 4th, 2005.

7 minutes ago, redrum said:

:thumbsup:

On a final note:

It was a good game, but I think the announcers jinxed the Niners by constantly yammering on about how Mahomes had 'magic' for 4th quarter comebacks. I wish they'd keep their fuckin' mouth shut. But, the world didn't end by them losing. I'm happy for Hank Stram that the Chiefs won. Stram was one of the best NFL announcers ever. (Take that, Aikman & Buck). He passed away on July 4th, 2005.

Amen - Aikman and Buck SUCK! Luckily the party I attended was loud enough we couldn't even hear their BS.  Very good game - SF shot themselves in the foot by going away from the run when up by 10 with less than 9 min to go.  Mostert was getting 5-8 yards a pop at that point.  Plus Deebo was still getting it done on end arounds.  Oh well....

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Very good game - SF shot themselves in the foot by going away from the run when up by 10 with less than 9 min to go.  Mostert was getting 5-8 yards a pop at that point.  Plus Deebo was still getting it done on end arounds.  Oh well....

Yep, shoulda stuck with the game plan. ☹️

On 2/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, ebk said:

Congrats to jabe and the lovely Mrs. Walter!!! 

And thanks to you, Walter, for doing this!

Much thanks, ebk. Fine job, Walter.
Looking forward to next season!