What became of the Starship?

Plainbrownwrapper

So many of the old concert venues have been demolished too. The end of an era.

That's the way things go in the States, we are a throwaway nation. Awhile back for an environmental engineering class I read a book that talked about how America doesn't understand sustainable devleopment and reuasble products and I did a presentation about it for the class. I recall reading that every year in America we demolish enough buildings that we could build a wall along the Atlantic coast about a 100 feet high- i think. What ever the height it was something extreme. The ironic thing is that I see it happening all over my town, they've been pulling down a lot of empty factories- an end of an era in Michigan. This happens all places except my university campus where they are too cheap to even repair things- a while back I seen a mantence man gluing corners of broken floor tiles back in place with caulk in a building that needs a new floor.

• 2 months later...
I recall reading that every year in America we demolish enough buildings that we could build a wall along the Atlantic coast about a 100 feet high- i think.

I find this very interesting, particularly as the government will pay untold millions in tax dollars to build a fence along the Mexican border.

Yeah there were 2 planes used, both of them Boeing 720s, the short-haul version of the B707. The first one, used in the '73 and '75 tours was ex-United Airlines, built in 1960, and eventually ended up in the UK and was sold for parts in 1982. The second one, used on the '77 tour was also ex-United Airlines, spent some time working for Braniff, then Zep used it in '77 where it went back into airline service before being bought by the military for parts in '86

Archived