Jump to content

Led Zepplin Pinball Machine?


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I’m a UK based Twitch streamer (Pinball Club - if that tickles your fancy, please give us a follow). I stream new games as they get released into the U.K., such as the upcoming Guns N Roses machine. The latest rumour is a Led Zepplin pinball machine by Stern. (link here,  not my website - https://www.pinball.co.uk/blog/led-zeppelin-pinball-machine-pinball-rumour-mill/)

With prices starting at £7k for most pro level machines and going up to £13k for LE level ones, probably not something for all fans. Would this be something that fans would go for too?? If it gets released, I’d love to share my streams with you all to get a fans perspective. 
 

Band based pinball machines aren’t rare, in fact ACDC and Iron Maiden are my favourite. I never really loved the bands before, but since getting them, am a huge fan of both 

Do you think it would go down well with fans or be mainly for pinball collectors such as me? Would the band translate well to pinball?

Look forward to your thoughts. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PinballZep said:

Hi all,

I’m a UK based Twitch streamer (Pinball Club - if that tickles your fancy, please give us a follow). I stream new games as they get released into the U.K., such as the upcoming Guns N Roses machine. The latest rumour is a Led Zepplin pinball machine by Stern. (link here,  not my website - https://www.pinball.co.uk/blog/led-zeppelin-pinball-machine-pinball-rumour-mill/)

With prices starting at £7k for most pro level machines and going up to £13k for LE level ones, probably not something for all fans. Would this be something that fans would go for too?? If it gets released, I’d love to share my streams with you all to get a fans perspective. 
 

Band based pinball machines aren’t rare, in fact ACDC and Iron Maiden are my favourite. I never really loved the bands before, but since getting them, am a huge fan of both 

Do you think it would go down well with fans or be mainly for pinball collectors such as me? Would the band translate well to pinball?

Look forward to your thoughts. 

 

I do love pinball machines as icons of American culture and a proper Led Zeppelin machine would undoubtedly be well received. The unlicensed machine in that link is certainly impressive and I'd love to have it, though I it can't possibly command anywhere near $8K-$13K in my opinion. I'm sure you are familiar with Stern's machine for The Rolling Stones. There's one in Tokyo I played quite a bit for quite awhile. I gave some consideration to buying one but have held off thus far. If they did a Led Zeppelin machine of the same caliber I'd be sorely tempted to buy one. It would be great if they could incorporate some stage fog effects and Jimmy as the wizard. For example if you hit the Jimmy Page figurine 10 times on one play the machine would do a unique light display with accompanying audio to compliment it.    

 

 

tumblr_p0tx33Ao5a1wh0olgo1_400.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one that would command that sort of price would be made by a commercial pinball company, that one in the article was a “homebrew” one. 
 

The closest I can really demonstrate is the Iron Maiden machine which was done by Stern. They are the ones that apparently have the licence. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2020 at 11:59 AM, PinballZep said:

Hi all,

I’m a UK based Twitch streamer (Pinball Club - if that tickles your fancy, please give us a follow). I stream new games as they get released into the U.K., such as the upcoming Guns N Roses machine. The latest rumour is a Led Zepplin pinball machine by Stern. (link here,  not my website - https://www.pinball.co.uk/blog/led-zeppelin-pinball-machine-pinball-rumour-mill/)

With prices starting at £7k for most pro level machines and going up to £13k for LE level ones, probably not something for all fans. Would this be something that fans would go for too?? If it gets released, I’d love to share my streams with you all to get a fans perspective. 
 

Band based pinball machines aren’t rare, in fact ACDC and Iron Maiden are my favourite. I never really loved the bands before, but since getting them, am a huge fan of both 

Do you think it would go down well with fans or be mainly for pinball collectors such as me? Would the band translate well to pinball?

Look forward to your thoughts. 

 

If you do launch make sure you spell Zeppelin correctly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 9:04 AM, chillumpuffer said:

If you do launch make sure you spell Zeppelin correctly?

OMG...this along with Martina Navratilova stopping about with her bootleg LZ scarf at Earl's Court to Jimmy's initial plaque at Philips' Harbor...we are doomed. :watchingyou:

Edited by Paimonus Rex
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

Oh come on...... it wasn't that bad. 

Haha I wasn't criticizing Dazed; just linking the game to an element of Zeppelin. I love Dazed; the longer the better!

How 'bout this? Tune the bumpers and bells so if you hit them in the proper sequence, you can play Bonzo's Montreux. 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zep Hed said:

Haha I wasn't criticizing Dazed; just linking the game to an element of Zeppelin. I love Dazed; the longer the better!

How 'bout this? Tune the bumpers and bells so if you hit them in the proper sequence, you can play Bonzo's Montreux. 😃

I did prefer the renditions of How Many More Times though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, this was a complete shock :P

Stern Pinball and Led Zeppelin confirm new #pinball with this teaser trailer! https://fb.watch/2jfWVLsfWG/

When it lands in the UK - I’d love you to join me on the stream,. The UK distributor for these if you’d like his name is Phil and he is at www.pinball.co.uk. That’s where I get my games from, so I can do my streams. There seems to be a huge buzz for this one in the pinball community already. Apparently the designer. Steve Ritchie. Has been given free reign to do whatever he wants in terms of making the game he desires. 

Edited by PinballZep
Updated post
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PinballZep said:

Well, this was a complete shock :P

Stern Pinball and Led Zeppelin confirm new #pinball with this teaser trailer! https://fb.watch/2jfWVLsfWG/

When it lands in the UK - I’d love you to join me on the stream,. The UK distributor for these if you’d like his name is Phil and he is at www.pinball.co.uk. That’s where I get my games from, so I can do my streams. There seems to be a huge buzz for this one in the pinball community already. Apparently the designer. Steve Ritchie. Has been given free reign to do whatever he wants in terms of making the game he desires. 

Here's hoping they get this right. The end product doesn't have to be the best pinball machine ever made but it needs to be respectable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If what I am hearing is right, and it is Ritchie, he hasn’t made a bad game I can think of in recent years and mainly the bad ones are that due to, in my opinion, technological limitations of their time. If it were down to me to pick someone to put on a theme like this, it’d be him. 
 

He designed the ACDC machine which was hailed for the massive resurgence in pinball and is said to be a very big fan on the band.  
 

IMHO, as fans of the source material, I’d say you were in damn fine hands. 

Edited by PinballZep
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...