What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Cynic's Re-Traced EP.

They completely reinvented and redid 5 songs from their previous album - Traced in Air. It's phenomenal, and I can't wait till the Vancouver show in july. They are playing their classic album Focus in it's entirety, as well as tracks from TiA and Re-Traced.

I saw them open for Meshuggah last year and they were a superb live act.

Here is a little teaser for the Re-Traced EP. Check it out people...and if you don't know who Cynic are and you think you might like a metal/jazz hybrid that has electronic and acoustic elements mixed in.....then give em a listen. I like TiA more than Focus, but lots of die hard fans consider Focus their masterpiece. (Re-Traced and the teaser are much more layed back and ambient than their two full length albums....they have a side project called Aeon Spoke that is quite poppy and drastically different than their work as Cynic. Aeon Spoke sound like Coldplay with progressive tendencies)

Edited by Kith Kannan

Dedicated to my good friend Benny and the cast of characters that used to invade 13th and Heather...Thanks to Edie for putting up with us ...