2021 MLB Playoffs...

paul carruthers

Damn this year is going by fast. It seems like yesterday I had so much enthusiasm in April about my Mets doing something special for the season...  😔

Anyway, the action starts Tuesday night & while I don't plan on doing a "playoff pool," I'll still share my predictions in this thread without worrying about keeping track of scores. I think it goes without saying I'll be rooting for the Sawx to beat NY, then whoever wins might run into a buzzsaw in Tampa.

No rooting interest for me with the Astros and White Sox--I'll just predict Houston in 4... As for the NL. it wouldn't be much of an upset to me if St. Louis beat the Dodgers & that should be one hell of a pitching matchup Wednesday. And I'll take the Braves over the Brewers in 5 (play ball)....

spacer.png

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Damn this year is going by fast. It seems like yesterday I had so much enthusiasm in April about my Mets doing something special for the season...  😔

Anyway, the action starts Tuesday night & while I don't plan on doing a "playoff pool," I'll still share my predictions in this thread without worrying about keeping track of scores. I think it goes without saying I'll be rooting for the Sawx to beat NY, then whoever wins might run into a buzzsaw in Tampa.

No rooting interest for me with the Astros and White Sox--I'll just predict Houston in 4... As for the NL. it wouldn't be much of an upset to me if St. Louis beat the Dodgers & that should be one hell of a pitching matchup Wednesday. And I'll take the Braves over the Brewers in 5 (play ball)....

spacer.png

To me, it would be fitting if the Saint Louis Cardinals won their next Champioship 10 years after Their last one.in 2011.

The St. Louis Cardinals are the bête noire of the Dodgers, so I am picking the Cardinals in that game.

As for Tuesday's Yankees @ Red Sox tussle, it's going to be bonkers but I gotta go with Boston.

I don't really care about the other teams, especially those rat bastards Asstros. So let's just say I want Chicago to beat Houston and Milwaukee to beat Atlanta.

I'll pick the other series when the Wild Card games are settled. 

Good Luck to the Saint Louis Catfinals.  I had plannef on watching the gsme, but I forgot that I promisd my girlfriend thst I would take her to the State Fair of Texas kn DLallas.

Believe Me, I will  be checking the score on my phone.9

On 10/3/2021 at 7:07 PM, paul carruthers said:

spacer.png

The Saint Louis last won the World Serirs in 2011.  It would be fitting to won the Chamionship 10

Whew! What a game. Now we get to see the series that everyone (save St. Louis) wants to see...San Francisco vs. Los Angeles.  Incredibly, this will be the first playoff meeting between these two longtime rivals. 213 wins combined...the most in history between two teams meeting in the playoffs. The Giants were 10-9  vs. the Dodgers in the regular season. Both teams were smoking down the stretch. It should be a helluva series. Baseball fans should be in clover. I know redrum is taking the Giants. I am picking the Dodgers.

brewers over Braves in the other NL series.

As for the AL, Boston over Tampa Bay.  Tampa now wants to play half their games in Montreal. It's clear Florida doesn't support baseball. The Rays won their division and can't draw flies. Florida likes two things...football and strippers.

White Sox over the Asstros. 

Edited by Strider

54 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

So much for my earlier comment, Houston is definitely sweeping. But what will happen if they oppose the Rays in the ALCS?

Exactly what I was afraid of. Oh well, maybe some home cooking' will help Chicago get back in it. Sweet Home Chicago.