Fav. 90s & 00s Albums

kidmoon

I saw that and must admit I never thought much of Retchin' Wilson, especially after what she did to Freebird (with Skynyd no less) during the Grammys a few years back during their salute to Southern Rock but after hearing her on Barracuda I'm convinced she makes a better rock singer than a country one. She sang her ass off.

Yeah, I was surprised at how she belted that out.

Nope. Our local Best Buy keeps it stocked on the shelves. $13.99 I believe. And worth every penny. Also, Amazon keeps it on hand, that's where I got my copy.

I should have clarified that I was referring to the vinyl edition, not the CD.

wierd, huge AIC fan myself as well as a Cantrell fan, but i couldn't bring myself to see them tour as AIC without Layne.........but I'm kind of regretting that decision now

sort of brings me to another thought, as much as I loved that period of music, for whatever reason, I never really caught any of those bands live with the exception of Janes Addiction with whom i was completely into

that was sort of a dry spell for me going to concerts, ironically during the time I loved a new band each week. Can't for the life of me remember why that was..............maybe because I was just out of college and embarking on my "professional career"............lame..but I digress :unsure:

I saw AIC last year at The Gorge. WHAT A FUCKING SHOW!!! My body felt like it was gonna jump right out of my skin.

I miss Layne too, but keep an open mind. William DuVall has done a great job filling in.

I saw that and must admit I never thought much of Retchin' Wilson, especially after what she did to Freebird (with Skynyd no less) during the Grammys a few years back during their salute to Southern Rock but after hearing her on Barracuda I'm convinced she makes a better rock singer than a country one. She sang her ass off.

Agreed 110%!!

I just fuckin' HATE that "Redneck Woman" crap. <_< But she really IS a good rock singer!

To me, OK Computer is one of the best albums in rock history, top 5 or 10 in my book. Just outstanding, from its cohesion, imagination, concept. Just a beautiful album, the way it flows it just takes you on a journey. It's one of those albums, like Dark Side Of The Moon, that has to be viewed as an entire work, not just individual songs.

To me, OK Computer is one of the best albums in rock history, top 5 or 10 in my book. Just outstanding, from its cohesion, imagination, concept. Just a beautiful album, the way it flows it just takes you on a journey. It's one of those albums, like Dark Side Of The Moon, that has to be viewed as an entire work, not just individual songs.

That album was so overhyped at the time that I felt there was no way it could live up to it. I heard bits n' pieces here and there and liked what I heard but still didn't purchase it. In fact, I never bought it until a couple of summers ago (same for Nevermind). I like it well enough but am still not sure I get what all the fuss was about. I've heard other Radiohead songs I like much better.

That album was so overhyped at the time that I felt there was no way it could live up to it. I heard bits n' pieces here and there and liked what I heard but still didn't purchase it. In fact, I never bought it until a couple of summers ago (same for Nevermind). I like it well enough but am still not sure I get what all the fuss was about. I've heard other Radiohead songs I like much better.

funny, i thought the same thing back then and to this day I have never even listened to that record...perhaps now is the time to give it a chance......I just remember so much hype,and the word genius being attached to it that I just was sick of the idea of it before it even came out.

to this day Pablo honey and The Bends are the only Radiohead I own.....maybe I'll give OK a listen

Not sure if he's an official member but I believe Krist from Nirvana has been helping them out a bit as of late with bass duties.

I just visited wiki and it says they were from San Fran.Hmm always thought Seattle but...

I always assumed they just fizzled out in the early 90's.But look forward to hearing Krist and the boys.

They were legendary playing up and down the west coast back in the day. :thumbsup:

to this day Pablo honey and The Bends are the only Radiohead I own.....maybe I'll give OK a listen

Ugh. If that's the sum total of the Radiohead you've heard, you don't know them for the geniuses they actually are. Pablo Honey is a 2. The Bends, while good, is a 4 or 5 compared to the 9s and 10s the rest of Radiohead's material deserves.

No, OK Computer is not the best thing they've done, it just happened to have the right blend of experimentalism and pop-rock sensibility that critics the world over felt 'safe' enough to use as their mascot for 1997.

I'll say it again, one cannot go wrong with buying a Radiohead album, unless it's Pablo Honey. :rolleyes:

Ugh. If that's the sum total of the Radiohead you've heard, you don't know them for the geniuses they actually are. Pablo Honey is a 2. The Bends, while good, is a 4 or 5 compared to the 9s and 10s the rest of Radiohead's material deserves.

No, OK Computer is not the best thing they've done, it just happened to have the right blend of experimentalism and pop-rock sensibility that critics the world over felt 'safe' enough to use as their mascot for 1997.

I'll say it again, one cannot go wrong with buying a Radiohead album, unless it's Pablo Honey. :rolleyes:

not the sum total of Radiohead I've heard, rather the sum total I own......

believe me, I've heard plenty, just not all in the context of their respective albums.....

like I said, I'll give a listen to some more, and see if it holds up to all the praise ;)

I just visited wiki and it says they were from San Fran.Hmm always thought Seattle but...

I always assumed they just fizzled out in the early 90's.But look forward to hearing Krist and the boys.

They were legendary playing up and down the west coast back in the day. :thumbsup:

Billboard.com has an article about the new record here:

Flipper Drafts Novoselic For New Album

Well, in my opinion OK Computer is a fantastic album - very, very strong. The word 'hype' usually already presumes the attention given to an album is bad or out of proportion. This to me looks like an unwarranted generalization about many different reviews, articles, etc. - some of which may well be worth consulting. I occasionally read reviews, and they can be quite useful to find interesting music if they're well written. In the end I'll form my own opinion, though. I don't think I really give a shit how much attention some album has received when it comes to forming my own opinion - I very often (usually even) disagree with reviews I've read. The most hyped album I can remember in this country was Sigurrós's Ágætis byrjun: it was generally said to be a masterpiece. I became curious, and bought it a few days after its release. and well, it's a good album, not a masterpiece. Bottom line....think for yourself, but that doesn't mean the received wisdom is necessarily wrong either. B)

Nice choice. Might I suggest their Tomorrow The Green Grass album aswell?

Yeah, thanks. I was choosing between the two, since I had a bunch of others that I ordered as well. I will eventually buy TTGG too.

I have just ordered another 90's classic album, The Jayhawks, Hollywood Town Hall.

There's not many fans here of alt.country but the 90s was a fine time for that genre as well with lots of wonderful albums released from the likes of Wilco, Son Volt, the Bottle Rockets, the Drive-By Truckers, the 0ld 97s, the Gourds, the Derailers, Iris Dement, John Prine, Frog Holler, the Backsliders, Trailer Bride, Slobberbone, Whiskeytown, Six String Drag and many, many others. The 90s definitely weren't just about grunge and finding the next Nirvana.

There's not many fans here of alt.country but the 90s was a fine time for that genre as well with lots of wonderful albums released from the likes of Wilco, Son Volt, the Bottle Rockets, the Drive-By Truckers, the 0ld 97s, the Gourds, the Derailers, Iris Dement, John Prine, Frog Holler, the Backsliders, Trailer Bride, Slobberbone, Whiskeytown, Six String Drag and many, many others. The 90s definitely weren't just about grunge and finding the next Nirvana.

Yeah, I've got lots of bands to dig into there.. :D

Archived