2022 NFL Thread

Walter

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Really?  Not a playoff team?  I think you guys can knock Seattle or Wash or both out.

My enthusiasm is somewhat tempered, but I'll go wherever they take me.  The Jets have a very good defense.  I'll give Goff credit for not throwing any mistakes in that game.

At least the NFL picked the right game to be on the NFL Network next week.  Good time for my annual holiday watch of TSRTS.

Matt Patrycia....lol.

If Justin Herbert was my QB, I'd be using a high pick on an offensive lineman every year.

Kayvon Thibodeaux looked like the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

and the redskins giants

I was out last night so I missed that game.

The Raiders and Vikings showed this weekend that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Tom Brady. Please retire after this season. You are starting to set the wrong kind of career benchmarks. Longest losing streak. Most interceptions. Don't turn into Russell Wilson.

On 12/19/2022 at 12:32 PM, Bong-Man said:

My enthusiasm is somewhat tempered, but I'll go wherever they take me.  The Jets have a very good defense.  I'll give Goff credit for not throwing any mistakes in that game.

At least the NFL picked the right game to be on the NFL Network next week.  Good time for my annual holiday watch of TSRTS.

Matt Patrycia....lol.

If Justin Herbert was my QB, I'd be using a high pick on an offensive lineman every year.

Kayvon Thibodeaux looked like the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor yesterday. 

Now people are seeing why the Lions put up a fight vs the Bills on Turkey day.  They have not lost since.  If they had won a couple of those very tough loss's early on who knows how good there record would be?  I give Goff a ton of credit. Rams are my 2nd favorite team and I was happy to see them and Staff win, but Goff did get a raw deal.  McVay likely realizes how good he is now.  And Goff has a far better shot of getting to the playoffs than the Rams.  But the Rams got the Super Bowl ring and they will take it.  Even at the sacrifice of not making it this year.  I knew they were in trouble when I heard about Stafford and his arm problems.  

Sean, if you see this, it was so sweet seeing Belecheck get his medicine once again.  They end their season in Buffalo.  I do not think they make the playoffs.  The Jets need to beat Jacksonville Thursday to get back on track.  Bongman is correct that the Jets Defense is very good. White will play. I want to see Miami go to KC in the first playoff game. But we are going to have to win in Cincy. We have always done pretty good there.  Fitzpatrick hung 56 on them once when we were shit.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:09 AM, Bong-Man said:

Amazon Prime has Thursday nights for 11 years?  I never have to listen to Al Michaels call another game?  I win!

How long until the NFL puts a playoff game exclusively on Amazon Prime or the NFL Network?

I agree. So sick of him.  I am a bit surprised Jets lost last night.  They need White back before their playoff window closes.   Weather up here is a nightmare.  

3 hours ago, custard pie man said:

my new years resolution, never pick the jets or giants  again this year

You watch the Jets last night and wonder how they ever won any game this season?

Edited by Strider

On 12/22/2022 at 7:09 AM, Bong-Man said:

Amazon Prime has Thursday nights for 11 years?  I never have to listen to Al Michaels call another game?  I win!

How long until the NFL puts a playoff game exclusively on Amazon Prime or the NFL Network?

Wait a minute Bong-Man. Are you saying you hate Al Michaels even more than Joe Buck?

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

You watch the Jets last night and wonder how they ever won any game this season?

They need White.  The poor kid Zach is done.   Saw none but heard he was booed off field, a game they would have won with White.  We need to roll the Bears 🐻 tomorrow and then beat the  Bengals 

I am still in shock over how the Raiders beat New England last week. Not only because it is so rare to see the Belichick-era Patriots make a bone-headed play such as that disastrous "pitchy pitchy woo woo", but also because it is rare for the Raiders to receive a gift from the refs. That touchdown reception that allowed the Raiders to tie the game at 24-24 at the end looked to me like the receiver was out of bounds. I felt sure the refs would overturn the call and nullify the touchdown.

Maybe the refs decided to give the Raiders a mulligan to make up for the blown "tuck rule" call back in 2001?

If that is so, there will be no referee karma for this Saturday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. It is the 50th anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception" game, which I watched in disbelief as a 10 year old boy. Franco Harris just passed away before he could witness the love and see his jersey number retired by the Steelers in person. The Pittsburgh Steelers, the city of Pittsburgh, Franco's Italian Army, the NFL, the networks, the fans, everyone, wants the Steelers to win this game for Franco. The Raiders will be playing against the Steelers, the refs, the NFL hierarchy, the fates, the gods, et al.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

I am still in shock over how the Raiders beat New England last week. Not only because it is so rare to see the Belichick-era Patriots make a bone-headed play such as that disastrous "pitchy pitchy woo woo", but also because it is rare for the Raiders to receive a gift from the refs. That touchdown reception that allowed the Raiders to tie the game at 24-24 at the end looked to me like the receiver was out of bounds. I felt sure the refs would overturn the call and nullify the touchdown.

Maybe the refs decided to give the Raiders a mulligan to make up for the blown "tuck rule" call back in 2001?

If that is so, there will be no referee karma for this Saturday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. It is the 50th anniversary of the "Immaculate Reception" game, which I watched in disbelief as a 10 year old boy. Franco Harris just passed away before he could witness the love and see his jersey number retired by the Steelers in person. The Pittsburgh Steelers, the city of Pittsburgh, Franco's Italian Army, the NFL, the networks, the fans, everyone, wants the Steelers to win this game for Franco. The Raiders will be playing against the Steelers, the refs, the NFL hierarchy, the fates, the gods, et al.

he had about 4-5 inches clearly out of bounds and how in this day and age is there no sideline camera view? hate the pats and i'm living in new england but that was bull shit, and yes no one got more calls than Brady during his time  with pats