2022 NFL Thread

Walter

On 12/27/2022 at 11:19 AM, paul carruthers said:

Well, I remember saying at the beginning of the year that a Wild Card was my expectation for the Fins & we're barely clinging to that last one. Let me also be the first to congratulate Justin Herbert on making it to the playoffs. More and more, that decision to not draft Herbert by Miami looks worse every single day....  :( 

And I said at beginning of year that Miami will be better off drafting a QB with their arsenal of picks this year.  Lets see if they do  that.  I never believed in Tua.  Maybe you still do? Time will tell if they give him another shot.

If you should read this, who would Miami go with if they did not go with Tua? Who is the backup?  I still think they beat NE.  This is a playoff game early.  The winner in good shape to get in but no cinch.  I think Miami is the better team.  NE is shit

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

My advice would be to sit Tua for the rest of the season. Know reason to possibly shorten this kid's life trying to prove a point.

To answer a few of your questions, whatever confidence I was starting to have in Tua has evaporated, hence my remark about not drafting Herbert. And Teddy Bridgewater is starting Sunday, so maybe we have a puncher's chance of keeping that final wild card... :unsure:

I am at the point now of expecting at least 2-3 turnovers a game from Dak which is why they will most likely get bounced once again very early come playoffs, only Sherman at halftime attacked Dak, his  brutal turnovers and mentioned Carr was benched from Raiders for having same  number of turnovers but Dak has played 5 less games, there was a stretch where they refused to run the ball for most of second quarter, don't really understand getting away from the balanced attack, run with pass and rest the defense for long spells, it worked with Cooper Rush

I know I'm asking for it when I say this, but I have confidence that Dallas can at least win the wild card round if things stay pat, and they draw Tampa in the 1st round.

It's pretty much guaranteed that if you hang at least 22 on Tampa that it's a certified W. Of course, I'm still holding out hope that Carolina can rally and take that shitty division...

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I know I'm asking for it when I say this, but I have confidence that Dallas can at least win the wild card round if things stay pat, and they draw Tampa in the 1st round.

It's pretty much guaranteed that if you hang at least 22 on Tampa that it's a certified W. Of course, I'm still holding out hope that Carolina can rally and take that shitty division...

I like Carolina Sunday.  What’s to like about a washed up Brady?  Maybe they will be fired up for Gabbert who got credit for saving some lives in a downed tour plane in the ocean yesterday?  How in the hell can GB hold the last wild card ?  I don’t see that holding up as they get the Vikings this week.  The Lions get the Bears.  The Jets vs Seahawks and Miami vs NE are both huge for WC too.

ESPN says Bills at Bengals is “biggest MNF game in 25 years “.   Josh Allen and Burrows first ever meeting.  I’m hoping Trey White is back in top form soon.  It would be nice to win this game.  I still feel in the end it will be Bills vs KC

On 12/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, paul carruthers said:

I like Carolina Sunday.  What’s to like about a washed up Brady?  Maybe they will be fired up for Gabbert who got credit for saving some lives in a downed tour plane in the ocean yesterday?  How in the hell can GB hold the last wild card ?  I don’t see that holding up as they get the Vikings this week.  The Lions get the Bears.  The Jets vs Seahawks and Miami vs NE are both huge for WC too.

ESPN says Bills at Bengals is “biggest MNF game in 25 years “.   Josh Allen and Burrows first ever meeting.  I’m hoping Trey White is back in top form soon.  It would be nice to win this game.  I still feel in the end it will be Bills vs KC

Phil Sims is crazy if he thinks Bungals will beat us by 10

On 12/30/2022 at 6:20 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The final nail in Tua's future.  He looked good much of the season but he has just fallen apart like the rest of this team after a good showing in Buffalo.  I really do believe Miami will beat New England though.  Put that one in my collection.  My other upset will be the Texans again. I picked them last week so I get credit for that. The Raiders are also a dumpster fire pal.  They suck.  SUCK.   

Strike one, strike two… ;) 

whomever is the manager of Carson Wentz should be on every players short list of managers, this guy sucks so badly and stinks where ever he goes but has this huge contract, i'm sure after yesterdays stinker by Carson the Redskins know they need to dump him and draft a qb or trade for one, his manager deserves a raise😅

4 hours ago, Strider said:

The clearest explanation I saw for what happened to Damar Hamlin tonight. Good luck to him and his family.

great explanation and understanding of what may have happened, hopefully  young man makes a full recovery, as a parent of 3 and watched 2 of them get married this year I can only imagine what his family went through being I believe  in attendance

Packers vs Lions flexed to Sunday night.  Seattle and Rams play at 4pm, so they'll know what they're playing for before the game starts.  I could care less if the Lions make the playoffs.  The 7th spot didn't even exist until this year.  What's more important to me is kicking Rodger's ass on his home field and ruining the party for 'the fucked up little village'.  Beating them twice and taking away their playoff chances would send a nice message for the future.

Last night was a sad reminder of 50 years ago for Lions' fans.

Remembering the tragic day Detroit Lions' Chuck Hughes died on the field 50 years ago (yahoo.com)

57 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Packers vs Lions flexed to Sunday night.  Seattle and Rams play at 4pm, so they'll know what they're playing for before the game starts.  I could care less if the Lions make the playoffs.  The 7th spot didn't even exist until this year.  What's more important to me is kicking Rodger's ass on his home field and ruining the party for 'the fucked up little village'.  Beating them twice and taking away their playoff chances would send a nice message for the future.

Last night was a sad reminder of 50 years ago for Lions' fans.

Remembering the tragic day Detroit Lions' Chuck Hughes died on the field 50 years ago (yahoo.com)

Im picking the Lions 🦁 to win this game!  But not sure if Rams can help them by beating Seahawks.  If they play like they did vs Denver, can happen.  Lions 🦁 future is bright!

Do you remember the receiver Hughes who died on the field in 1971?  Can’t believe nobody has mentioned this!

Do you remember the receiver Hughes who died on the field in 1971?  Can’t believe nobody has mentioned this!

I remember him, but the game was blacked out locally.  I believe the blackouts used to be 90 miles.  At that time, it didn't matter if the game was sold out or not.  You were blacked out from home games.  I was only 11 at the time, but I do remember people driving to Ohio just to watch the games when they were offered.  I agree with his wife.  The Lions should have retired his number.     

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I remember him, but the game was blacked out locally.  I believe the blackouts used to be 90 miles.  At that time, it didn't matter if the game was sold out or not.  You were blacked out from home games.  I was only 11 at the time, but I do remember people driving to Ohio just to watch the games when they were offered.  I agree with his wife.  The Lions should have retired his number.     

I think the Lions have a brighter future than before. I hope they beat Green Bay myself.  

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Im picking the Lions 🦁 to win this game!  But not sure if Rams can help them by beating Seahawks.  If they play like they did vs Denver, can happen.  Lions 🦁 future is bright!

What do you mean "nobody"? I have heard several people mention Chuck Hughes...and Howard Glenn, for that matter. The difference is that that Lions-Bears game was a regional broadcast with very few viewers compared to the national Monday Night Football broadcast last night, when everyone in football was watching it live.

24 minutes ago, Strider said:

What do you mean "nobody"? I have heard several people mention Chuck Hughes...and Howard Glenn, for that matter. The difference is that that Lions-Bears game was a regional broadcast with very few viewers compared to the national Monday Night Football broadcast last night, when everyone in football was watching it live.

Something Bonger brought up - I can't fathom why a team's broadcast would be blacked out, especially if the game sells out. Do the Lions sellout every Thanksgiving?

38 minutes ago, Strider said:

Nobody meaning ESPN and CBS and major networks.  Not even Skip Bayless who  caught Holy hell on Twitter for his Tweets.  

19 minutes ago, jimmie ray said:

Something Bonger brought up - I can't fathom why a team's broadcast would be blacked out, especially if the game sells out. Do the Lions sellout every Thanksgiving?

Those blackout rules are still in effect.  It was before if the game did not sell out by Thursday it would be blacked out  Im more recent years they gave extentions  but stuck with the blackouts.  Other sports also.  The game will not be blacked out of course if sold out. I would think in modern times the Lions would sell out but not back then.  They have had a bunch of miserable seasons, and long lengths of such.  Finally the light is at the end of the tunnel for the Lions.  Strange that they are the team that had a death on the field.  I worry about this kid, our safety because he is not off the  ventilator yet. Next 12-24 hours are critical says a DR.  Not sure how they will have their minds on NE but at some point they must. Maybe they play these games for him?  There has been support across the board across the league.  NE also.  I am sure Bill Belecheck understands the gravity of this.

I do not want to see the Bills or Bengals have to go to Kansas Shitty.  We both beat Andy fat ass Reid.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977