2022 NFL Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, jimmie ray said:

Jets run blocking got pretty strong, later in the game against the Bills. Surprising win for them.

Yup. It was surprising. Good job Jets! Love the speed and intensity of the defense too. 

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I went to Montauk last summer.  The one before this recent one.  I loved it but did not love the in season $500 a night I paid for an ocean side hotel.  I am thinking of going back next summer.  So I will look early.  My guess is your in Nassau County?  West end of Long Island?  We will make the Jets pay when they come to Orchard Park

We're on the South Shore of Suffolk, but close to the Nassau border. Much prefer visiting the North Shore fork, for it's ruralness, farmstands, and Bed and Breakfast places. South Shore fork is over-crowded, more expensive, and extremely snooty.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

All I could think yesterday--before I got disgusted and changed the channel--was, what did Josh Allen see when he threw those 2 picks???

I obviously haven't been on these boards for ages - but you're a Dolphin fan, right? At least I know you're a Dolphin's cheerleader fan, for sure!

Nice to see tight division races, it's been quite some time...

We're on the South Shore of Suffolk, but close to the Nassau border. Much prefer visiting the North Shore fork, for it's ruralness, farmstands, and Bed and Breakfast places. South Shore fork is over-crowded, more expensive, and extremely snooty.

If you find me a place $400 or under a night let me know.   Be nice to dig my own clams.  So you can be in the Hamptons in no time!  My daughter and son in law are in a town called Milburn, NJ.  
Just when I thought I could not be more pissed after the Bills game the Rams gave game away.  McVay sucks

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yes, a Dolphins fan, and suddenly Buffalo doesn't look so invincible. Or was it just one of those weeks, on the road against a division opponent?

:wacko:

You'll have to press Rick more on this question, he says a defender or two out made the difference.

Edited by jimmie ray

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

All I could think yesterday--before I got disgusted and changed the channel--was, what did Josh Allen see when he threw those 2 picks???

It was like watching the Josh Allen of a few years ago.

4 hours ago, jimmie ray said:

We always got Giants and Jets, one at 1 pm and the other at 4pm, on Sundays. But weren't there nationally televised games also, for other areas who had only one local team - or even no local teams?

Yes, but the national game tended to usually feature the Green Bay Packers/Dallas Cowboys on the NFC channel (CBS) and Miami Dolphins/Pittsburgh Steelers on the AFC channel (NBC).

Except on Thanksgiving, when everybody got to see Detroit and Dallas host nationally televised games.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I went to Montauk last summer.  The one before this recent one.  I loved it but did not love the in season $500 a night I paid for an ocean side hotel.  I am thinking of going back next summer.  So I will look early.  My guess is your in Nassau County?  West end of Long Island?  We will make the Jets pay when they come to Orchard Park

Montauk....the original location and title of "Stranger Things" before the Duffer Brothers decided to change the location to the fictional city of Hawkins, Indiana.

Edited by Strider

11 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

If you find me a place $400 or under a night let me know.   Be nice to dig my own clams.  So you can be in the Hamptons in no time!  My daughter and son in law are in a town called Milburn, NJ.  
Just when I thought I could not be more pissed after the Bills game the Rams gave game away.  McVay sucks

I think the days of digging your own clams are long gone, around here - but hey, everyone's lawns look nice. Greenport is near the North Fork tip - lots of decent restaurants, beaches, shops... not sure if you like B+Bs, they're certainly different than big hotels. Harbor Knoll is at a terrific location, Harbor Crest nice also. Big fancy breakfasts and cozy beds.

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Yes, a Dolphins fan, and suddenly Buffalo doesn't look so invincible. Or was it just one of those weeks, on the road against a division opponent?

:wacko:

When the schedule came out I assumed we would lose 3 or 4 games.  Due to either injury or lack of motivation due to looking ahead at next opponent.  We lost Miami game where any one of several things by itself would have swung it our way.  Missing McKenzie in end zone, Bass missing FG….you get the idea.  So do think the Bills are no longer the favorite to win East?  Miami and Jets have to come to Buffalo and it won’t be 100 degrees

I think the days of digging your own clams are long gone, around here - but hey, everyone's lawns look nice. Greenport is near the North Fork tip - lots of decent restaurants, beaches, shops... not sure if you like B+Bs, they're certainly different than big hotels. Harbor Knoll is at a terrific location, Harbor Crest nice also. Big fancy breakfasts and cozy beds.

I love the 🦞 Lobster roll.  Restaurant where “The Affair” was filmed.  Montauk.  Love Montauk point

Oh I'm sure if Buffalo plays the way they are capable of playing, they will still win the division. I guess every team has a week where they look like underachievers, or shit just happens. Like I said previously, I have no idea what Josh saw when he threw those picks. I still think the Jets are just over-achieving, which is why I thought Buffalo would hang 30 on them yesterday, so maybe that's why I was pissed...

19 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I love the 🦞 Lobster roll.  Restaurant where “The Affair” was filmed.  Montauk.  Love Montauk point

Yes, in Amangansett, on the way to Montauk. Supposedly a celebrity hangout, but nothing really fancy. There used to be one on the North Fork also, but that changed hands. My wife always enjoyed stopping there, good quality seafood. If you do visit the North Fork, you'll want to check out Claudios and the activities on the dock nearby.

6 hours ago, jimmie ray said:

Yes, in Amangansett, on the way to Montauk. Supposedly a celebrity hangout, but nothing really fancy. There used to be one on the North Fork also, but that changed hands. My wife always enjoyed stopping there, good quality seafood. If you do visit the North Fork, you'll want to check out Claudios and the activities on the dock nearby.

We ate at the Lobster  🦞 roll and the Lobster Bisque was to die for.  As good as Cape cod, Barnstable where the whale 🐳 tours are and best fish market in the NE.  I had a Flounder sandwich also.  I bought some Flounder on way home on route 27.   Before I was beyond the West Hamptons.  Montauk point gift shop we liked and a book we bought there will go to my granddaughter. The lighthouse was closed due to remodeling.  I want to return next summer. 

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We ate at the Lobster  🦞 roll and the Lobster Bisque was to die for.  As good as Cape cod, Barnstable where the whale 🐳 tours are and best fish market in the NE.  I had a Flounder sandwich also.  I bought some Flounder on way home on route 27.   Before I was beyond the West Hamptons.  Montauk point gift shop we liked and a book we bought there will go to my granddaughter. The lighthouse was closed due to remodeling.  I want to return next summer. 

They are reinforcing the bluff and foundation of the lighthouse, to counter erosion and the receeding shoreline. I recall there was a proposal to actually move it, last time we visited. Originally  commissioned by George Washington - that is just amazing to ponder.

Did you hear that Allen has some sort of UCL issue - anything to do with his sombersault roll after that TD run?

On 11/8/2022 at 8:10 AM, jimmie ray said:

They are reinforcing the bluff and foundation of the lighthouse, to counter erosion and the receeding shoreline. I recall there was a proposal to actually move it, last time we visited. Originally  commissioned by George Washington - that is just amazing to ponder.

Did you hear that Allen has some sort of UCL issue - anything to do with his sombersault roll after that TD run?

Oh yes.  I am waiting like all Bills fans hoping it will be ok.  It sounds like he is going to play. But unsure as of right now. 

Halfway point in the season and can anyone name a sure-fire favourite to get to the Super Bowl?

Kansas City, I suppose, especially if they beat Buffalo for home field advantage. But who among the rest? Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, San Diego, Tennessee, Cincinnati in the AFC have all shown themselves to be beatable and downright awful at times. And the NFC is a compete mystery. Philadelphia and Minnesota are the most untrustworthy 8-0 and 7-1 teams in NFL history. Philadelphia has feasted on the dregs of the league so far...Detroit, Jacksonville, Washington, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Houston. They do not play a team with a winning record until December, when they play Tennessee, the NY Giants, and Dallas (provided those teams keep winning and don't fall below .500).

Minnesota? All you need to say is two words: Kirk Cousins. When has he ever showed up in a big playoff game?

Dallas, Tampa Bay, Seattle, NY Giants, San Francisco...big question marks, all.

This year may be the most wild, wide open playoffs in a long time.

On 11/10/2022 at 4:18 PM, Strider said:

Halfway point in the season and can anyone name a sure-fire favourite to get to the Super Bowl?

Kansas City, I suppose, especially if they beat Buffalo for home field advantage. But who among the rest? Buffalo, Miami, Baltimore, San Diego, Tennessee, Cincinnati in the AFC have all shown themselves to be beatable and downright awful at times. And the NFC is a compete mystery. Philadelphia and Minnesota are the most untrustworthy 8-0 and 7-1 teams in NFL history. Philadelphia has feasted on the dregs of the league so far...Detroit, Jacksonville, Washington, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Houston. They do not play a team with a winning record until December, when they play Tennessee, the NY Giants, and Dallas (provided those teams keep winning and don't fall below .500).

Minnesota? All you need to say is two words: Kirk Cousins. When has he ever showed up in a big playoff game?

Dallas, Tampa Bay, Seattle, NY Giants, San Francisco...big question marks, all.

This year may be the most wild, wide open playoffs in a long time.

I believe its going to be Bills vs SF, Philly or Minn.  Todays game could be a pre view?  Both the Bill and Vikings are 0-4 in Super Bowls.  Vikings had the misfortune of facing Raiders with Stabler, Bradshaws Steelers, Dolphins with Shula and Griese and the one they should have won, vs the fat boys KC team.  They put that game on astro turf, and Joe Kapp would have murdered them on grass.  

Of course we know the Bills missed the game winning FG in 1990.  Nobody will be happier if they win than Scott Norwood.   Last I knew he was selling insurance somewhere in Seattle. 

On 11/13/2022 at 8:13 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I believe its going to be Bills vs SF, Philly or Minn.  Todays game could be a pre view?  Both the Bill and Vikings are 0-4 in Super Bowls.  Vikings had the misfortune of facing Raiders with Stabler, Bradshaws Steelers, Dolphins with Shula and Griese and the one they should have won, vs the fat boys KC team.  They put that game on astro turf, and Joe Kapp would have murdered them on grass.  

Of course we know the Bills missed the game winning FG in 1990.  Nobody will be happier if they win than Scott Norwood.   Last I knew he was selling insurance somewhere in Seattle. 

They still list that as one of the greatest Super Bowls, and sure we celebrated heavily - but I'd think fans in general would want to see an accomplishment decide the game?

So it seems that Allen will play out the season with that arm issue?