The Long and Winding Road of the Royal Albert Hall and Bath Festival film footage

A good read. However, what isn't  mentioned at all is the Iceland footage of the same year 1970. If you put together RAH, Bath and Iceland in the same year, then you could easily assume that a documentary was on the cards? Who filmed the Iceland stuff anyway? That little snippet of Dazed on the DVD is wonderful and it makes you wonder what happened to the rest of it? The band surely recorded the Audio to accompany the Visuals as the film clearly shows.

Ross Halfin - Little Side Gnome:hysterical:

Edited by chillumpuffer

I’m sure someone (a group of tapers) is holding out for more money or something .

They need to go ahead and just release all of the footage before no one is left to enjoy it.  It’s only 50 years after MSG ‘73. …

R😎

JPJ said once when asked why  new release took so long that it was  quick in zep time lol, well after reading all this I can see 2 possible reasons why  things seem to take forever, first the band members are very insulated by corporate management and second they seem to be very cheap when it comes to paying up, "tighter than a bulls ass during fly season"

On 7/29/2023 at 10:23 AM, chillumpuffer said:

A good read. However, what isn't  mentioned at all is the Iceland footage of the same year 1970. If you put together RAH, Bath and Iceland in the same year, then you could easily assume that a documentary was on the cards? Who filmed the Iceland stuff anyway? That little snippet of Dazed on the DVD is wonderful and it makes you wonder what happened to the rest of it? The band surely recorded the Audio to accompany the Visuals as the film clearly shows.

Ross Halfin - Little Side Gnome:hysterical:

Wasn't the Iceland footage shot by a local news crew? A bit like Zeppelin's arrival at Schiphol /Amsterdam 72 .

Especially since the Iceland show was part of a larger cultural program, I can imagine the National Television would cover the arrival of England's most popular band. Secondly it was shot in B&W, another hint it was most likely a television news flash

That was indeed a great read. Imagine if the BBC didn't ask to use some footage. Zep might have never been aware of the auction and some lucky punter would have hit the jackpot!

How it ever came to that though. Amazing.

9 hours ago, duckman said:

Wasn't the Iceland footage shot by a local news crew? A bit like Zeppelin's arrival at Schiphol /Amsterdam 72 .

Especially since the Iceland show was part of a larger cultural program, I can imagine the National Television would cover the arrival of England's most popular band. Secondly it was shot in B&W, another hint it was most likely a television news flash

Makes sense. But where is the rest of it? It was beautifully shot and being in B&W very atmospheric. I really can't believe that's all there is. Come to think of it what happened to the story of Zeppelin's show in Central Park in 1969? Yes we have the audio on Bootleg but didn't some guy have film footage? 

• 3 weeks later...