The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Dallas is sure making moves. Can you imagine Jagr, Whitney and Roy on the same power play? I always wanted Whitney. You guys got a great player there. With Letinen in the nets you guys are a cinch to make it this year.

SHOCKING NEWS Parise and Suter both sign with Wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The Western Conference just keeps getting stronger and stronger !

• 3 weeks later...

The Philadelphia Flyers have offered Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators a 14 year offer sheet in the neighborhood of 100 million dollars!!!! Huge decision ahead for the Preds. Edmonton did this to us with Vanek and we matched it. But it was costly. I am not one bit sorry we kept Vanek and he is still paying off and will continue to do so. I do not venture a guess as to what Nashville will do?

The Rangers get Nash and now perhaps the rest of the free agent market can move forward. Of course he cost them alot. Dubinsky included. Probabliy a good deal for both teams including that thieving piece of shit Sather.

Crazy money being thrown around by some GM's / owners . With CBA negotiations on going...ya just gotta wonder

The Flyers have already started spinning this one. Who is next on their list?

Snider has alway's been a bit of a renegade amoungst the owners and I suspect that many big market owners are not on the same page as most of their counterparts. I think this CBA agreement could be a long time in coming. Maybe Xmas

• 2 weeks later...

Lets all pray there will be no lockout. A counter offer is coming in from the players and it had better be fucking realistic

I don't think we see hockey until January. The PA was insulted by the owners' offers, and with Fehr in charge, there is no reason to think the sides will be close by early October...

I don't think we see hockey until January. The PA was insulted by the owners' offers, and with Fehr in charge, there is no reason to think the sides will be close by early October...

OMG!!! Dont say that!! Are you kidding me? I just do not see how either side can let this happen. It will be too costly to the sport. Its just too much of a killer for both sides. They must work iit out. They know it. We know it. And it will happen.

Texas's pitching has been a fucking train wreck. They are up 7-6 in a game you would figure them to win vs the yankees, simply to avoid a sweep. And because they are supposed to be one of the best teams in basball and one of the favorites to get to the Series. i will tell you now straight up, the battle between the two teams that WILL ULTIMATELY PREVAIL in the American league are meeting this weekend in Detroit. The Tigers who many picked vs my Orioles that nobody picked and still get no respect. Just so you know, the Orioles are now ahead of Detroit, Angels, Oakland, and pretty much everyone but the Yankees who are winning a ton of close games. If we get in, we have the best closer. Detroit has more experience, and is probably a little deeper offensively and they have Verlander. We must go against Verlander Saturday. i have to see who we are counteriing with? Not sure yet. But I have not forgotten those pesky White Sox who are the real shocker in my opinion.

Rumour out and supposedly from a reliable source, Roenick who is close to the Coyotes that the Buffalo Sabres, my Buffalo Sabres, have a huge offer on the table for Shane Doan. Personally, I do not think he is worth it. I would prefer Arnott or Ryan. But I do not run the fucking ship. For now, we must hold our breaths over this damn lockout.

Rumour out and supposedly from a reliable source, Roenick who is close to the Coyotes that the Buffalo Sabres, my Buffalo Sabres, have a huge offer on the table for Shane Doan. Personally, I do not think he is worth it. I would prefer Arnott or Ryan. But I do not run the fucking ship. For now, we must hold our breaths over this damn lockout.

That 4 yr 30 million offer, I'm 95% sure it was us. It was an eastern conference team, and hours later doan was on record saying that a team he wasn't considering suddenly pushed itself into the conversation...and Darcy has said he made an offer...all the signs point to us.

But...

Doan doesn't want to come here. He wants to win a cup, in the next year or two, and the perception around the league, like it or not, is that we are a borderline playoff team looking to be a cup contender in 3 or so years. I agree with this sentiment, which stinks, cause if there is one player I want on our team that we can realistically target that would teach our young guys the right attitude, and not the Roy/Stafford/TC old core attitude, it is Doan. For only four years, that cap hit wouldn't bother me at all. But again, he wants Pit, NY, or VAN.

Go Sabres!

That 4 yr 30 million offer, I'm 95% sure it was us. It was an eastern conference team, and hours later doan was on record saying that a team he wasn't considering suddenly pushed itself into the conversation...and Darcy has said he made an offer...all the signs point to us.

But...

Doan doesn't want to come here. He wants to win a cup, in the next year or two, and the perception around the league, like it or not, is that we are a borderline playoff team looking to be a cup contender in 3 or so years. I agree with this sentiment, which stinks, cause if there is one player I want on our team that we can realistically target that would teach our young guys the right attitude, and not the Roy/Stafford/TC old core attitude, it is Doan. For only four years, that cap hit wouldn't bother me at all. But again, he wants Pit, NY, or VAN.

Go Sabres!

If Miller plays like Miller we can win it now. We have the weapons. To hell with Doan. Overated.

If Miller plays like Miller we can win it now. We have the weapons. To hell with Doan. Overated.

Aahh, but the question is, what is Miller? The Vezina winner of 09-10, or the guy we've seen since? The one with 3+ GAA through January, or below 2.00 GAA after?

Do understand that the so called experts know nothing when it comes to who is going to win. Did they have the Kings? Quick got hot, Kings won. First time ever. That is usually how it works. when you have a goalie the caliber of Ryan Miller you have a chance. And Myers and Erhoff have a year under their belt tongether. Do you believe the Wild are all of a sudden contenders because of Parise? I sure has hell do not. Maybe Doan does not want to come here based on the two 7-2 ass whippings we put on him and his dessert puppies. Ill take our lineup and match them against anyone. Now we have the bad guys that can knock the shit out of anyone that takes a run at Miller. Scott. Stevie Ott. We have Hodgson and Vanek and Staff and Pommer. We are loade on defense. What the hell does a guy like that want? Let him go find it. If he passes on us, he is making the mistake of a lifetime

If I was any player, I would prefer playing on Crosby's wing to pretty much anything else, so can't say I blame him.

Sabres are banking a lot on potential this year...Hodgson, I think, is going to be a wonderful player. But I can't say it will be next year. He scored 41 points, and Ennis under 40... These are our top two centers. And Myers NEEDS to take another step forward physically and offensively. If he does that, Ehrhoff improves, and Regehr can still keep up with other players, I think our defense is better than it has been in a while.

I'm not really worried about defense or goaltending though. We scored the 10th moat goals in the EAST last year...and lost Roy for Ott. I hate Roy, but that hatred doesn't cover the fact that we lost scoeing in that trade. I think we have some trouble scoring this year...

If I was any player, I would prefer playing on Crosby's wing to pretty much anything else, so can't say I blame him.

Sabres are banking a lot on potential this year...Hodgson, I think, is going to be a wonderful player. But I can't say it will be next year. He scored 41 points, and Ennis under 40... These are our top two centers. And Myers NEEDS to take another step forward physically and offensively. If he does that, Ehrhoff improves, and Regehr can still keep up with other players, I think our defense is better than it has been in a while.

I'm not really worried about defense or goaltending though. We scored the 10th moat goals in the EAST last year...and lost Roy for Ott. I hate Roy, but that hatred doesn't cover the fact that we lost scoeing in that trade. I think we have some trouble scoring this year...

The only reason we missed by 3 measly points were major injuries to Miller, Myers and Erhoff. If this strike happens, and it sure looks like it will, guess who its going to benefit? The Sabres. And ill tell you why. Go look at the schedule for the first twenty games compared to the rest of the season. Its a walk in the park after game 17. and do not forget this russian kid we got. Derrick is gone and I wish him well. He played alot of great hockey for us and took us to two conference finals. We are deep as hell on defense. So I am expecting a trade involving one of our third our fourth d guys but Myers and Erhoff are untouchable.

The only reason we missed by 3 measly points were major injuries to Miller, Myers and Erhoff. If this strike happens, and it sure looks like it will, guess who its going to benefit? The Sabres. And ill tell you why. Go look at the schedule for the first twenty games compared to the rest of the season. Its a walk in the park after game 17. and do not forget this russian kid we got. Derrick is gone and I wish him well. He played alot of great hockey for us and took us to two conference finals. We are deep as hell on defense. So I am expecting a trade involving one of our third our fourth d guys but Myers and Erhoff are untouchable.

I'd say we missed the playoffs because from The Bruins Game to Late January, they took damn near every night off and played with absolutely no heart and desire. The game where the most players were out was the Washington game in Nov. That they won 5-1.

Grigorenko excites me, as does Girgensons, but I think Grigs already has the most talent of any player in the organization. A little physical development, and poof, a superstar.

I like our schedule this year, hopefully the lockout doesn't last long enough to wipe it out.

I'd say we missed the playoffs because from The Bruins Game to Late January, they took damn near every night off and played with absolutely no heart and desire. The game where the most players were out was the Washington game in Nov. That they won 5-1.

Grigorenko excites me, as does Girgensons, but I think Grigs already has the most talent of any player in the organization. A little physical development, and poof, a superstar.

I like our schedule this year, hopefully the lockout doesn't last long enough to wipe it out.

Do you not remember how hot we were and then boom out went Erhoff? Killer. When Miller went out because of that dirty hit by Lucic that killed us too. This team will make it and will be very tough. If there is a strike, Buffalo will miss the toughest part of its schedule. Not that I want a lockout but if it happens, expect the Sabres to do what they did after the last lockout, have the best record in hockey. Lindy Ruff means business after last year and so do the rest of this talented team. Tyler Myers is going to be a stud. He is going to leave alot of bodies laying in the corners

Do you not remember how hot we were and then boom out went Erhoff? Killer. When Miller went out because of that dirty hit by Lucic that killed us too. This team will make it and will be very tough. If there is a strike, Buffalo will miss the toughest part of its schedule. Not that I want a lockout but if it happens, expect the Sabres to do what they did after the last lockout, have the best record in hockey. Lindy Ruff means business after last year and so do the rest of this talented team. Tyler Myers is going to be a stud. He is going to leave alot of bodies laying in the corners

I actually think that any time missed due to lockout will wipe out the whole schedule, except the winter classic, I forgot where I heard that. And I remember Ehrhoff being a big deal, but it shouldn't have been, that team was HORRIBLE at dealing with adversity, they just curled into a shell for a few months and drained away all playoff hopes. However, I don't think that will happen with THIS team, like Lucic getting away with hitting Miller wont happen again.

And the Sabres success after last lockout had everything to do with rule changes benefitting small, quick hockey teams, and they took full advantage while slow, lumbering teams like Philly were stuck in the mud...but I don't think similar rule changes will help us as much, because, quite frankly, our team isn't that fast anymore, aside from Ennis and Gerbe (who I don't think should have a roster spot, but that's another argument.)

I hope you're right about Myers. He needs to get the physicality from the Philly series back...I have fears of him not becoming quite what we expected, but simply a taller Leopold...

Archived