The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

FUCKING FEHR! FUCKING BETTMAN!

The Kings finally win the Stanley Cup and now I'm deprived of watching them raise the Championship banner at Staples Center. Which, by the way, would have been two Friday's ago if it wasn't for this damn lockout.

FUCKING NHL! BOO! HISS!

They've cancelled the winter classic, so you might as well say the season is finished. Will hockey survive this latest blackeye is my question?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8583243/nhl-cancels-winter-classic-toronto-maple-leafs-detroit-red-wings-source-says

Won't this be the second time in maybe ten years hockey has canceled an entire season? Can they take a page from the NFL, I don't know what kind of magic they used, but they got it together when it started to look very bleak....

Lotta money to be lost by all parties....cmon someone, step on up and get it done!

Won't this be the second time in maybe ten years hockey has canceled an entire season? Can they take a page from the NFL, I don't know what kind of magic they used, but they got it together when it started to look very bleak....

Lotta money to be lost by all parties....cmon someone, step on up and get it done!

They are supposed to meet soon. Would think their would be some urge of desperation. This is bullshit

The players have lost more money not playing than they would have if they had accepted the original salary rollback proposals. Which, if they would've actually tried negotiating, they could've talked owners out of. The greed of both sides is infuriating, but at least the owners seem to want a season.

The players have lost more money not playing than they would have if they had accepted the original salary rollback proposals. Which, if they would've actually tried negotiating, they could've talked owners out of. The greed of both sides is infuriating, but at least the owners seem to want a season.

I think the players, some have been tricked by this Fehr. He is like your typical blood sucking lawyer. The owneres made and offer that was fair enough to get the puck dropped. The players and fans willl lose. Pegula is a good guy but I wonder where he sits on this matter? The Sabres owner. Has more money than God. Some players will never recover from this. Will never play again.

After Saturdays talks something happened that has not happened before. They agreed to meet again early in the week. That in itself is progress. There is some reason for optomism from what I heard in one report. Today they meet I believe, on election day. Perhaps by tonight we will hear the words we want to hear so badly. There will be a season. Perhaps even a date? I am being optomistic. But hey, they have to realize if they allow Don cherry to be right and there be no season, they both lose and lose big. They must both bend. And get back on the ice.

Yo Ally!! You out there buddy? What do you make of a six hour meeting yesterday and the fact they will meet again today? It sure looks good from here? I mean, the fact they are willing to meet again a day later after a six hour meeting speaks volumes. I say they may be on course to saving the season? What say ye?

Yo Ally!! You out there buddy? What do you make of a six hour meeting yesterday and the fact they will meet again today? It sure looks good from here? I mean, the fact they are willing to meet again a day later after a six hour meeting speaks volumes. I say they may be on course to saving the season? What say ye?

I sure hope it means something positive. If it is, I'm thinking maybe a 72 game season and a discussion on the possibility of saving the Winter Classic

I thought the Winter Classic was kaput for this year? An event like that takes months of advance work lining up the stadium, hotel rooms, hospitality, etc. You just can't reschedule something like that on a whim.

I thought the Winter Classic was kaput for this year? An event like that takes months of advance work lining up the stadium, hotel rooms, hospitality, etc. You just can't reschedule something like that on a whim.

From what I know its done. But it was just announced yesterday and I suppose anything is possible If they reach a fast agreement, perhaps they will re-consider? The fact they met for so long and are still talking is a very good sign. I expect an announcement by as soon as late tomorrow. my gut is a 62 game season.

From what I know its done. But it was just announced yesterday and I suppose anything is possible If they reach a fast agreement, perhaps they will re-consider? The fact they met for so long and are still talking is a very good sign. I expect an announcement by as soon as late tomorrow. my gut is a 62 game season.

To answer Strider re: Winter Classic. Yeah, pretty much what Rick has said. If a settlement can be reached within the next day or two then I think it may still be possible.

I am starting to believe they are going to get it done. they are meeting again today. And that is a huge sign in itself. After a 5 hour meeting yesterday they are going back to the table today!!!! I say the writing is on the wall that we will have an announcement the season will begin around Dec 1st. Just a prediction. One that I am making and hoping comes true

I am starting to believe they are going to get it done. they are meeting again today. And that is a huge sign in itself. After a 5 hour meeting yesterday they are going back to the table today!!!! I say the writing is on the wall that we will have an announcement the season will begin around Dec 1st. Just a prediction. One that I am making and hoping comes true

I hope you're right, Rick. Crossing my fingers.

Well they are still in talks somewhere, at an undisclosed place in New York City? Maybe they are on Staten Island and have no way to get out? On the serious side, I am hoping an announcement will be made very soon. They have been at the table a long time this time. Which is encouraging in itself. There just has to be some progress or they would have walked already you would think. Maybe by tomorrow we will get the big news? I hope if they do start they play a couple of exhibition games first. I know they must allow time for players overseas to return to North America. For my team, two weeks is needed as Hodgson has broke a finger down in Rochester. I hear a two week deal.

They are still at the table talking. This is a good sign don't you think? Especially with the brevity of previous attempts? I mean, hell, maybe we will get the big announcement soon? I see Vanek just returned from Austria and had been scoring for a team over there. Maybe he knows something? Maybe the inside word is they are close? Just a guess but the fact they will talk on Saturday even means they mean business. Its about time. If they start in December they could play 62 easlily. I doubt there will be any east vs west games? Unless they shorten the number of divisional or conference games. But they may save money on travel by doing this? Except in the case of winnipeg. Is it possible they could send Winnipeg west in the process?

They are still at the table talking. This is a good sign don't you think? Especially with the brevity of previous attempts? I mean, hell, maybe we will get the big announcement soon? I see Vanek just returned from Austria and had been scoring for a team over there. Maybe he knows something? Maybe the inside word is they are close? Just a guess but the fact they will talk on Saturday even means they mean business. Its about time. If they start in December they could play 62 easlily. I doubt there will be any east vs west games? Unless they shorten the number of divisional or conference games. But they may save money on travel by doing this? Except in the case of winnipeg. Is it possible they could send Winnipeg west in the process?

Vanek is only back because a contract he signed months ago expired, it is purely coincidental. I'm hoping that it starts in early December, though it doesn't seem like the tone of the talks are very good yet, they are still far apart. But at least they're talking.

Vanek is only back because a contract he signed months ago expired, it is purely coincidental. I'm hoping that it starts in early December, though it doesn't seem like the tone of the talks are very good yet, they are still far apart. But at least they're talking.

Its a roller coaster. I read last night that the NHL and Bettman were ready to talk as soon as the NHLPA was ready. Waiting on them. So I thought Fehr was being a prick again. But now it seems they may be meeting again? Fehr has said he had to sit down with his people this morning and decide how to procede. Ill tell you how to procede you dreamer. Get the fucking skates on and drop the puck and and sign on the dotted line.

I heard on the radio today that fehr was demanding full salary pay for the players even if only 60 games were paid. I was about to flip shit, but further investigation shows that they just wanted the full pay structure set so they can determine how much to take off...that could've been bad.

I'm praying for hockey in December.

Archived