The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

So, our first round draft pick Mikhail Grigorenko has 17 points in his first 9 games in the QMJHL, but thanks to stupid age requirements coming from that league, he cannot play in the AHL against real competition this year. I hope he can still progress playing against kids he's miles better than...

Was it the Sabres decision to send him back to the QMJHL ? The reason I'm asking is if it was, it may have been an issue of his present size and strength. The AHL is a very physical league and no place for an undersized rookie.

Was it the Sabres decision to send him back to the QMJHL ? The reason I'm asking is if it was, it may have been an issue of his present size and strength. The AHL is a very physical league and no place for an undersized rookie.

Basically, he can only play in either the NHL, which isn't playing, or the QMJHL. Players coming from this league have to be over 18 to play in the AHL, so it is literally impossible this season. He is smaller, but I don't see how it can help him develop if he is easily scoring 3-4 points a night, cause that's not how it's going to be in the NHL.

It may be worth going to Amerks games just to watch Cody Hodgson. They are playing one game in Buffalo. Pretty sad state of affairs

Yup. If I lived closer to Roch, I'd definitely go see them. I'm just clinging to desperate hope that they get started by January.

Word is they meet again tomorrow. I would think it will be emotional and nasty. It should be. They are screwing us fans. They had best fix this damn thing tomorrow. Is whatever they are holding out for anything close to the multi million dollar revenue figures? And the risk of alienating those casual fans that the sport needs. Roll up your sleeves Bettman and lock the fucking door when the meeting begins. Guard it with a shotgun and dont leave until they sign on the dotted line.

'The N.H.L. made a surprise offer in talks for a new labor agreement in Toronto on Tuesday, proposing a 50-50 split of hockey-related revenue with the N.H.L. Players’ Association and a mechanism guaranteeing that current contracts would be honored without rollbacks."

and

The league’s offer contained a provision for playing a full 82-game season starting Nov. 2. Bettman described the proposal as “our best shot” at preserving a full regular-season and playoff schedule. Under such a compressed schedule, teams would play one additional game every five weeks

We'll see...........

'The N.H.L. made a surprise offer in talks for a new labor agreement in Toronto on Tuesday, proposing a 50-50 split of hockey-related revenue with the N.H.L. Players’ Association and a mechanism guaranteeing that current contracts would be honored without rollbacks."

and

The league’s offer contained a provision for playing a full 82-game season starting Nov. 2. Bettman described the proposal as “our best shot” at preserving a full regular-season and playoff schedule. Under such a compressed schedule, teams would play one additional game every five weeks

We'll see...........

Thanks for the info. So I guess they are thinking it over and did not immediately reject it?

^^ I hope that's the case......its more than fair....if the players reject that, the fans might start to turn.

Fehr had better fucking wake up. This is a fair offer. Take it Fehr. This jerk should not have all the power either. Who the hell is he to decide if the NHL is to play or not? There should be a commitee. Perhaps that is how they are deciding? Not sure. I am sure they are having lawyers look it over. But they better fix this fast.

OMG, that is desparate! :D

I am actually looking forward to both hockey and basketball. I like the Clippers and I like the 76ers a little in the East. The Lakers are loaded though and it willl be tough to prevent a Lakers vs Miami final. I think the Clippers are the only team that can prevent that.

ps Next year I want MLB package now that our birds are back.

It sounds like Fehr is still dragging his feet:

http://espn.go.com/n...-letter-players

He is a bastard. If they reject this its suicide. Its just going to ruin a great sport. I am so fed up with both of these guys I could fly. What else does this asshole want? He has to realize hockey is not number one in America. It is in Canada, and the US has more teams, more money, and far more in revenue to risk than Canada. Accept it, drop the fucking puck and Go Sabres!

Fehr, this is something you should jump on. Revenues will be 50-50, whether you accept this proposal or wait locked out for two seasons. I know you wont like the UFA age proposal, or the longer entry level contracts. They're not rolling back your salaries, which was your main goal. Take the revenue split and lack of salary rollback, and owners will give on some issues, and we can be watching hockey in early December. Please. Your foolish pr strategies are the reason the lockout occurred in the first place. Your negotiating points have been more foolish than you accuse the owners of being. I'm afraid you will just laugh and toss this proposal aside like the others, because you're a prick. Ultimately, owners will win anyway. Players should wake up and realize how good they have it, there is no way they need 57% when they don't pay a single cent in running a freaking franchise, and taking a huge business risk each year. You will never lose money, and are playing a game that every little canadien boy would play for free. And you are breaking their hearts. The owners just gave you a solid ground for negotiating. Please use it wisely, or you will find yourself down one huge hockey fan.

Sincerely,

Arcane29, and every NHL fan ever.

Fehr, this is something you should jump on. Revenues will be 50-50, whether you accept this proposal or wait locked out for two seasons. I know you wont like the UFA age proposal, or the longer entry level contracts. They're not rolling back your salaries, which was your main goal. Take the revenue split and lack of salary rollback, and owners will give on some issues, and we can be watching hockey in early December. Please. Your foolish pr strategies are the reason the lockout occurred in the first place. Your negotiating points have been more foolish than you accuse the owners of being. I'm afraid you will just laugh and toss this proposal aside like the others, because you're a prick. Ultimately, owners will win anyway. Players should wake up and realize how good they have it, there is no way they need 57% when they don't pay a single cent in running a freaking franchise, and taking a huge business risk each year. You will never lose money, and are playing a game that every little canadien boy would play for free. And you are breaking their hearts. The owners just gave you a solid ground for negotiating. Please use it wisely, or you will find yourself down one huge hockey fan.

Sincerely,

Arcane29, and every NHL fan ever.

I agree and I would call this an offer they cant refuse without looking like they intend to simply piss and moan and screw the fans. They have to take this. I cant believe we are waiting this long. since the meeting is on for tomorrow we must expect that Fehr is going to have the audacity of a counter offer. The conditions had better be very miniscule to say the least.

I agree and I would call this an offer they cant refuse without looking like they intend to simply piss and moan and screw the fans. They have to take this. I cant believe we are waiting this long. since the meeting is on for tomorrow we must expect that Fehr is going to have the audacity of a counter offer. The conditions had better be very miniscule to say the least.

One thing that makes me hopeful, is that he's been stressing being seen in a good light by the people, and the people see the proposal as reasonable. Any flat out denial will really put the players side in a negative light.

Fehr is not a qualified person to handle this crap and the players, Crosby as the ringlleader, are buying into his bullshit. Does he realize what he is doing? He is not going to get a better deal. He is going to ruin hockey as we know it if the players do not take a stand against him. He is lucky Bettman went as far as he did. This is just insanity. And Crosby, isnt his health questionable to begin with? Is he the guy you want to be speaking for the rest of the players that reallly want to play? Fehr must go. Bettman must also. But Fehr first IMO. He is fucking us. They should have taken this deal for now and if they had more issues, held them for the off season to be settled. Did you hear Fehr's comments? He could not even get the numbers right. What the hell is he doing deciding the future of this sport we love?

Archived