The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Sorry, we're not quite at the level of any of those teams yet. (Maybe carolina/minnesota)

Just being realistic. If they proved me wrong I'd be just as happy as you.

Dude. What the fuck? Did you think LA had a shot? Hell no. With Miller all things are possible. We have a solid blue line that now has experience.

When LA received Carter, and had that train of centers they have, with size, and Quick (who is better than Ryan) it was certainly plausible. Not saying I expected them, but I'd be more surprised if we did it. Miller is slightly above average, maybe top ten, where quick is the best.

When LA received Carter, and had that train of centers they have, with size, and Quick (who is better than Ryan) it was certainly plausible. Not saying I expected them, but I'd be more surprised if we did it. Miller is slightly above average, maybe top ten, where quick is the best.

Now you are on my shit list. Miller slightly above average? Are you kidding me? Take off his jersey. And Quick is not better than Miller based on one run.

Now you are on my shit list. Miller slightly above average? Are you kidding me? Take off his jersey. And Quick is not better than Miller based on one run.

Didn't Miller only have one run as well in his Vezina year? And I don't have his Jersey, I've got Pommer. I don't see how this list is irrational: Quick, Lundqvist, Rinne, Smith, Halak, Ward, Kipper, Brodeur, Miller, Backstrom/Hiller/whoever... That has him at nine with very respectable goalies ahead and behind him...and I even forgot about price...

Didn't Miller only have one run as well in his Vezina year? And I don't have his Jersey, I've got Pommer. I don't see how this list is irrational: Quick, Lundqvist, Rinne, Smith, Halak, Ward, Kipper, Brodeur, Miller, Backstrom/Hiller/whoever... That has him at nine with very respectable goalies ahead and behind him...and I even forgot about price...

Rinne and Halak over Miller? Put the kool aid down. I have Miller and Lundquist tied for the best. Broduer is a hall of famer but not what he was. Cam Ward is third on my list. Where is Cam Ward? Oh, I see him now. Sorry. I have him higher.

Ward was after Halak in my list. Halak, who had a GAA and SP of 1.97 and .926, compared to Miller's 2.55 and .916. Rinne was a vezina finalist. I think you might have the kool aid...

But please know that as a player I love miller, and I think he is not our problem. a great team can win a cup with him, we just have to finish building that team.

Could we get an outsider with no vested interest to chime in, on our goalie's perception among other fans? and maybe the sabres in general?

Ward was after Halak in my list. Halak, who had a GAA and SP of 1.97 and .926, compared to Miller's 2.55 and .916. Rinne was a vezina finalist. I think you might have the kool aid...

But please know that as a player I love miller, and I think he is not our problem. a great team can win a cup with him, we just have to finish building that team.

Could we get an outsider with no vested interest to chime in, on our goalie's perception among other fans? and maybe the sabres in general?

Miller has a Vezina too. No way is Halak as good as Miller, Ward or Lundquist. No way

I will root for him over any of those goalies. I'd die before cheer another team on against us.

I just think some goalies and teams have a talent edge.

Ill let you know the next time I am at the arena and perhaps we can meet for a beer. I can tell you some stories of the old days. Go SABRES

Ill let you know the next time I am at the arena and perhaps we can meet for a beer. I can tell you some stories of the old days. Go SABRES

Haha okay, but I'm 17.

GO SABRES!!! though skepticism remains, hope will rise above it once the puck drops.

So what are your line combinations?

I've got:

Leino-Hodgson-Vanek

Stafford-Ennis-Foligno

Pominville-Ott-Gerbe

Kaleta-McCormick-Scott/Ellis

Myers-Sekera

Ehrhoff-Sulzer

Regehr-Leopold/Weber/Pardy/Brennan

So what are your line combinations?

I've got:

Leino-Hodgson-Vanek

Stafford-Ennis-Foligno

Pominville-Ott-Gerbe

Kaleta-McCormick-Scott/Ellis

Myers-Sekera

Ehrhoff-Sulzer

Regehr-Leopold/Weber/Pardy/Brennan

Yours looks good but I do not think Ellis will start in Buffalo. Rochester I say. I like Myers and Erhoff together sometimes on the PP but Leopold is good on the PP too. Weber must be better or he will have a seat in the press box. Sulzer has earned a shot so far. Sekera I expect to really come along. But the studs are Myers and Erhoff.

Like your lines, and think Pommer and Vanek on occasion will be on the ice together on the PP./ on the kill Pommer is great. One of the best in the league. I see you have a "goon line" with Scott, McCormick and Kaleta. That second line could be deadly. This team can go far as long as Miller is Miller

I think Pommer and Ott on the PK would be a spectacular combination, and I'm sure we will see Vanek, Pommer, and Hodgson together. I tried to balance defensive responsibility a little.

Stupid mistake of me to forget OTT. I forgot we had him there. Well, this is going to be interesting how Lindy choses to use him. I trust Lindy. Best coach we have ever had. I have been a fan since day one, 1970. I saw the French Connection play and every time they were on the ice it was like a power play. Perrault, Martin and Robert. And Gare was great too. This team now is very very good. They have the potential to go all the way. I am hoping Ryan is focused and ready

I just hope he isn't ridden too hard down the stretch, and Enroth plays well enough to give Lindy confidence to play him more...

Don't forget, 50 game season and not 82. Good for teams with above average goaltending. Like us. Its fucking Miller Time

Archived