The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

http://bleacherrepor...tm_campaign=nhl

Bettman is willing to cancel the season!!!! And he is more out for the money than the fans. The players are on my shit list too. They are being ridiculous and are going to ruin the greatest sport on Earth.

Hard to say what's really going on but the owners attempt to re define what HRR actually is, has really pissed the players off. There are also issues of honest concern for the Canadian owners over what their contributions to player pensions will be. Given the different rules on pensions between the USA and Canada, it could end up costing those Canadian owners quite a bit more than their American counterparts. The players are insisting on a defined benefit contribution...( the owners would have to match player contributions dollar for dollar ) The owners want a defined contribution system which would mean the owners would pay a certain % and not have to match the player contributions

Hard to say what's really going on but the owners attempt to re define what HRR actually is, has really pissed the players off. There are also issues of honest concern for the Canadian owners over what their contributions to player pensions will be. Given the different rules on pensions between the USA and Canada, it could end up costing those Canadian owners quite a bit more than their American counterparts. The players are insisting on a defined benefit contribution...( the owners would have to match player contributions dollar for dollar ) The owners want a defined contribution system which would mean the owners would pay a certain % and not have to match the player contributions

How can Bettman be so willing to throw in the towel? And how can the players not realize they are not going to get any more than this? I understand what you are sayinig I think? Its got nothing to do with currency though right? The exchange? Isnt your dollar worth more than ours now? It should be with that dumb ass president we have. My wife just got her check decreased dut to his ass. The NHL and the players and fans all lose

"Drop Dead Date" on season moved to Thursday. As hope dwindles it is now seen as next Thurs is the last day to settle and save the NHL season. Bettman has pissed the players off but that is stupid of the players to even consider his remarks at this stage. They know who he is and they are no angels either. They are losing my respect by the minute. Get your fucking skates on and hit the ice.

Have fun. I had plans to go to Hersey. My plans were snowed out. I'll try again next month, when no weather deters my gang.

We had a blast, going again tonight , Texas Tornado vs the Amarillo Bulls. When are you going up to see the Bears?

Soon I need to do it before lacrosse season starts. College starts late January or early February.

I think the Hershey Bears go way back just like the Rochester Americans. Both have rich tradition. The Amerks just sold out the Niagra Center, home of the parent Buffalo Sabres. 19,000

I think the Hershey Bears go way back just like the Rochester Americans. Both have rich tradition. The Amerks just sold out the Niagra Center, home of the parent Buffalo Sabres. 19,000

The bears were baltimores rival back in the day. I went to many an American game also. Kenny Albert got his start as the radio play by play man, honing his skills in the AHL.

The bears were baltimores rival back in the day. I went to many an American game also. Kenny Albert got his start as the radio play by play man, honing his skills in the AHL.

I remember the old Clippers well. And skipjacks after. But the Bears have most tradition. Hodgeson is lighting the lamp pretty good for Rochester. Ready to go for Sabres if there is a season

Grigorenko will be at sabres training camp. I'm torn about this...we need centers badly, with Ennis and Hodgson as the top two (scary thought), and only Ott and McCormick after. But I also don't want to use one of his entry level contract years on half of a season.

Ah, to be able to talk about this stuff again...

Now wait just a minute. No way do we fire Lindy. No way. Not happening fella. Great news so dont ruin it with that kind of talk. Hodgeson is ready. Wonder if Erhoff is? Vanek? Miller?

Hosgson might still be not 100% from his hand/wrist problem...the other three should be good. Myers was hurt, Ennis had some problem as well, the rest should be healthy.

Cant wait to see Ennis-Foligno-Stafford again. And Ott.

Sorry, I'm not a Lindy fan. Love him as a guy, not a coach. Like Gailey.

Hosgson might still be not 100% from his hand/wrist problem...the other three should be good. Myers was hurt, Ennis had some problem as well, the rest should be healthy.

Cant wait to see Ennis-Foligno-Stafford again. And Ott.

Sorry, I'm not a Lindy fan. Love him as a guy, not a coach. Like Gailey.

How bad is Myers hurt? can he play?

I think they will be more fun to watch this year, and will not give up as easily as last year.

I don't know if that translates to success yet. They're very young, and missing out on top end talent. With their prospects and raised level of attraction to FAs, I think they can be ready for a cup push in a few years.

Then again, when the last lockout ended, we were supposed to be bottom three in the league, and had one of the best teams in franchise history.

I think they will be more fun to watch this year, and will not give up as easily as last year.

I don't know if that translates to success yet. They're very young, and missing out on top end talent. With their prospects and raised level of attraction to FAs, I think they can be ready for a cup push in a few years.

Then again, when the last lockout ended, we were supposed to be bottom three in the league, and had one of the best teams in franchise history.

They can contend right now. They have Miller, and battle tested guys that have played in Eastern Conference finals like Vanek and Pommenville. Will be strange to see Roy in a Dallas sweater. Ott should help us. We are rock solid on the blue line and in the nets. Go Sabres

They can contend right now. They have Miller, and battle tested guys that have played in Eastern Conference finals like Vanek and Pommenville. Will be strange to see Roy in a Dallas sweater. Ott should help us. We are rock solid on the blue line and in the nets. Go Sabres

Well, I hope you're right. I won't be surprised, or disappointed, if they finished 9th-10th in the east. Say Pitt-Wash-Bos are top three, followed by sure thing teams like NYR, Philly, there are only three playoff spots left, being fought for by NJ, Tampa (with goaltending), Ottawa, Fla, Carolina, and us. Teams like NYI, Toronto could surprise as well. It won't be easy. I can see any of those teams finishing ahead of us, and I can see us finishing ahead of any of those teams. If we play this half-season like the second half of last year, and not the first, we should be set.

Well, I hope you're right. I won't be surprised, or disappointed, if they finished 9th-10th in the east. Say Pitt-Wash-Bos are top three, followed by sure thing teams like NYR, Philly, there are only three playoff spots left, being fought for by NJ, Tampa (with goaltending), Ottawa, Fla, Carolina, and us. Teams like NYI, Toronto could surprise as well. It won't be easy. I can see any of those teams finishing ahead of us, and I can see us finishing ahead of any of those teams. If we play this half-season like the second half of last year, and not the first, we should be set.

You are not very optomistic. NJ is overated and I think they will not be as good. Same with Ottawa. Carolina should be better than last time. And so too the Sabres. I am not sold on Boston and no Thomas.

Archived