The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Holy shit!! Why did they wait until now? So it was front page news? Now the poor bastard that is taking over, is on the fucking clothes line already.

I'm watching Sports-Net...Kypreos, Doug Mclean and Mallard and they broke it. They are in total shock Rick....I am a little too...seems like weird timing but they are specualating that there may have been some ownership meddling in a Luongo deal...but who knows....

I'm watching Sports-Net...Kypreos, Doug Mclean and Mallard and they broke it. They are in total shock Rick....I am a little too...seems like weird timing but they are specualating that there may have been some ownership meddling in a Luongo deal...but who knows....

Toronto is full of drama. Great fans. Like the Bills and Browns they deserve better product on the ice. I must say, I do not think they have a snowball in hell's chance of making the playoffs after last years debacle. But then again, Luongo could be what they need. He will give them a quality stable goalie. But they are not as good as the Sabres, no way.

Toronto is full of drama. Great fans. Like the Bills and Browns they deserve better product on the ice. I must say, I do not think they have a snowball in hell's chance of making the playoffs after last years debacle. But then again, Luongo could be what they need. He will give them a quality stable goalie. But they are not as good as the Sabres, no way.

40 plus years of tears up here...lol.....I can't disagree.....I'm not sure about Luongo, especially when his family is in FLA.......we'll see

I'm watching it too. Sounds like it was because of the new ownership group interfering

I'm watching it too. Sounds like it was because of the new ownership group interfering

...it just seems like poor timing to me with the guys and staff trying to gear up for the immediacy of the season......not sure why they could not wait 2-3 weeks if this is what they really thought may be a direction they wanted to take...Ally are you a Canucks fan? If so, what is your take on the Luongo situation...

...it just seems like poor timing to me with the guys and staff trying to gear up for the immediacy of the season......not sure why they could not wait 2-3 weeks if this is what they really thought may be a direction they wanted to take...Ally are you a Canucks fan? If so, what is your take on the Luongo situation...

Ally is a huge Canucks fan and one of the best hockey guys here. Along with yours truly, LOL. But just look at my avatar and you know who my team is. But I like the Canucks alot. And the Blues. I hate the Flyers more than any team, and second only to the Yankees in sports

Ally is a huge Canucks fan and one of the best hockey guys here. Along with yours truly, LOL. But just look at my avatar and you know who my team is. But I like the Canucks alot. And the Blues. I hate the Flyers more than any team, and second only to the Yankees in sports

oh I know you Rick and your're love of the Sabres.....I wish the Sabres would stick to the blue and gold. I love that uniform...I feel your pain re; Flyers...they were jerks in the 70's. Larry Carriere was one of the bravest guys back then for your team.

I'm sure you're watching the press conference at the moment too.

With Dave Nonis now the new GM, it adds more questions than answers regarding Luongo but it was Nonis who originally brought Luongo to Vancouver when he replaced Burke as GM .

I'm sure you're watching the press conference at the moment too.

With Dave Nonis now the new GM, it adds more questions than answers regarding Luongo but it was Nonis who originally brought Luongo to Vancouver when he replaced Burke as GM .

NHL network is not covering this. Is this only in Canada?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21527277/lightning-offering-season-tickets-for-just-200

Can you believe this shit? Season tickets to Tampa for $200!!!! Its because its the south. Warm weather city that depends on transplanted northerners and many many Canadians that own property in Florida. Hell, the condo my grandmother had when she was alive was completely surrounded by Toronto residents. Put those tickets on sale in Buffalo and Toronto for $200. Ha. Gone in sixty seconds

Lulz on burke...though we might have to take Toronto seriously now ;)

I wonder if it was because he was either pushing too hard for luongo, or didn't want him and the owners did. I would guess the latter, as he has a history of avoiding huge contracts. As for timing, maybe it was the first option and a deal fell through just now, or maybe they wanted him around for the lockout, but not having anything to do with building the hockey team.

Rick, Lindy just confirmed that Brennan will stay up with the big boys. Meaning we have nine waiver-eligible defensemen. I'm sure visions of game seven 2006 ECF are fresh as always, but something tells me there HAS to be a trade. Three guys in the press box is crazy. Hopefully some grit in the top two lines, or an actual center...

And I think we might see Jochen back.

Lulz on burke...though we might have to take Toronto seriously now ;)

I wonder if it was because he was either pushing too hard for luongo, or didn't want him and the owners did. I would guess the latter, as he has a history of avoiding huge contracts. As for timing, maybe it was the first option and a deal fell through just now, or maybe they wanted him around for the lockout, but not having anything to do with building the hockey team.

Rick, Lindy just confirmed that Brennan will stay up with the big boys. Meaning we have nine waiver-eligible defensemen. I'm sure visions of game seven 2006 ECF are fresh as always, but something tells me there HAS to be a trade. Three guys in the press box is crazy. Hopefully some grit in the top two lines, or an actual center...

And I think we might see Jochen back.

I have kept an eye on the wire. I expect something also.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21527277/lightning-offering-season-tickets-for-just-200

Can you believe this shit? Season tickets to Tampa for $200!!!! Its because its the south. Warm weather city that depends on transplanted northerners and many many Canadians that own property in Florida. Hell, the condo my grandmother had when she was alive was completely surrounded by Toronto residents. Put those tickets on sale in Buffalo and Toronto for $200. Ha. Gone in sixty seconds

They wouldn't exist if there was no TV revenue.

Archived