The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Your team is in the Super Bowl BD. Rejoice. You cant have everything. Hope the Ravens win. The Caps are toast.

I will take another Vinnie L over a lord Stanley any day. But go tell that to the Pittsburgh fans that have been moping around for the last 6 weeks.

I will take another Vinnie L over a lord Stanley any day. But go tell that to the Pittsburgh fans that have been moping around for the last 6 weeks.

You see, in Western NY I am sure more feel that way. But myself, I would prefer to have the Sabres win than the Bills. Dont get me wong, I would like to see both. But if I can only have one, Ill take my Sabres. And its no secret that the Sabres are closer. Even though if the Bills get a QB, they could be deadly next year. There is talk of Revis coming to Buffalo to join the Jets former coordinator. A far better guy than Wambnuts. These Sabres can be deadly as seen last night. :Pommenville is in the top 5 too. Jason is an all around great player. He is the whole package. He is as smart a penalty killer I have seen since Craig Ramsey. Pommer with Hodgesona and Vanek, look out.

Really?

To each his own but the Stanley Cup to me is like the Holy Grail of trophies.

Really?

To each his own but the Stanley Cup to me is like the Holy Grail of trophies.

I am with you Bobby but here in the US the Super Bowl and the World Series are probably the biggest. Close between the NBA title and Cup though. The Cup belongs in Buffalo and Vancouver and St Louis. Those three cities are all deserving and will all win one soon.

I have to throw Minnesota in there too. Great fans

I am with you Bobby but here in the US the Super Bowl and the World Series are probably the biggest. Close between the NBA title and Cup though. The Cup belongs in Buffalo and Vancouver and St Louis. Those three cities are all deserving and will all win one soon.

I have to throw Minnesota in there too. Great fans

I love the Superbowl and the Lombardi Trophy is a beautiful one also

Just finishing my contribution to the Super Bowl meal. I will post on the other thread.

Sorry to my American cousins but the Stanley Cup history, and stories blow away the NFL, NBA and MLB trophies. They pale in comparison. On top of that, the Stanley Cup is a trophy that looks good raised over head by the champions. The other three look like paper weights......

It's funny how the MLB and NFL finals are called "The Super Bowl" and the "World Series".........Can you say "Delusions of Grandeur"...lol

Hey I love hockey, but I will even admit that Football (the real Football) is the #1 sport in the world.....

It's funny how the MLB and NFL finals are called "The Super Bowl" and the "World Series".........Can you say "Delusions of Grandeur"...lol

Hey I love hockey, but I will even admit that Football (the real Football) is the #1 sport in the world.....

Do you mean soccer or american football?

I can't be believe they lost to the lowly Caps. That's only our second win. I can't remember the other team they beat. Climbing the ladder one rung at a time.

You will remember when we are in the playoffs and you are sitting home watching. Thomas Vanek you were lucky did not play. You wont be so fortunate next time. It is shocking that philly is 2-6. You cannot honestly think Washington has the talent philly or Buffalo has do you? I mean, lets be realistic. You have Ovetchkin and backstrom and that is it. No goalie of quality. A coach that is confused as hell. You cannot honestly think you will ever catch the Sabres. Please. Take this Super Bowl home. I am cheering for you. But dont get greedy. That is all you are getting

Do you mean soccer or american football?

....1) Football/ Soccer. The most important and popular sport in the world. In Europe and Latin America is the number one sport in all countries, in Africa is almost the most important sport as well its becoming a mayor popular sport in China, Korea, Japan and the Middle East.

^^ Something tells me that Markum is about to build itself a big white elephant !

lol....not going to disagree.....all the Mayor and Council voted on was to keep looking into it....vote was 7-6 so it is not unanimous.

lol....not going to disagree.....all the Mayor and Council voted on was to keep looking into it....vote was 7-6 so it is not unanimous.

Hiya Fish :wave:

You've probably been following this story on Sports Net too. It just sounded to me as if the Mayor was throwing the NHL carrot out there as a way trying to pump thru the idea of development . Gillette, the former Habs owner actually advised them to build the fun park but put the necessary arena funds aside . The reasoning being that if expansion to Markum were to become something the NHL were interested in doing, the funds for the arena would be more important than having a ready built arena to move into. That makes sense to me and it sounds like a much safer proposition for Markum taxpayers

Would a second team play under the Toronto name? That would be strange but they do it in NY. LA they have called them Anaheim but its the same market. It could put a hit on ticket sales in Buffalo but I still think we sell out regardless.

We need to put an ass whipping on Montreal today. Vanek, light em up my boy!!!

Would a second team play under the Toronto name? That would be strange but they do it in NY. LA they have called them Anaheim but its the same market. It could put a hit on ticket sales in Buffalo but I still think we sell out regardless.

We need to put an ass whipping on Montreal today. Vanek, light em up my boy!!!

Good question Rick. I can tell you that there is a history of minor league hockey in Markham. There is a current tier two JR.A team called the Markham Waxers......There is also an old senior team from way back called the Markham Millionaires.........I think they would fight o for sure have the team called "The Markham Somethings".......Markham is just north of the Toronto city boundry (Steels Ave) and I would think they are trying to get themselves on the map....

Hiya Fish :wave:

You've probably been following this story on Sports Net too. It just sounded to me as if the Mayor was throwing the NHL carrot out there as a way trying to pump thru the idea of development . Gillette, the former Habs owner actually advised them to build the fun park but put the necessary arena funds aside . The reasoning being that if expansion to Markum were to become something the NHL were interested in doing, the funds for the arena would be more important than having a ready built arena to move into. That makes sense to me and it sounds like a much safer proposition for Markum taxpayers

I listened in on that interview too...Doug McLean is a funny guy.....It looks like Seattle, Quebec City and Markham (possibly Portland too?) are all vying for the next team.....going to be interesting from a business/economics point of view......I more worried about additional watering-down of the sport....

I listened in on that interview too...Doug McLean is a funny guy.....It looks like Seattle, Quebec City and Markham (possibly Portland too?) are all vying for the next team.....going to be interesting from a business/economics point of view......I more worried about additional watering-down of the sport....

Yeah, we've seen enough watering down alright ! I think Quebec City would be the first choice just because it would be a guaranteed success and also allow the Jets to return to the western conference.

Seattle or Portland would be excellent choices too but I can't see both . Seattle building a new arena for the NBA's return, l'd have to give them the edge

We put the first two in our own net today. Erhoff's was blatantly stupid. With his stick. Miller just shook his head. His own team did not show up after blistering the Bruins. I just dont know. Tomorrow Florida is in and I expect they will bounce back. But we have to put a streak together or we will be fucked. The only thing I can say is its our first loss in Montreal in the last 11 trips. Pretty impressive if you ask me. We had not lost there in a long time.

Archived