The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Hey, congrats on the Buffalo win but can anyone tell me what the point is for having a goalie crease painted on the ice?

Just saw the highlites and yeah, gotta agree with you

Just saw the highlites and yeah, gotta agree with you

..is there a rule that if the puck is shot down and may be icing but goes through the crease the icing is waved off....for some reason that is ringing a bell but other than that it is a free for all in goalie creases these days.

..is there a rule that if the puck is shot down and may be icing but goes through the crease the icing is waved off....for some reason that is ringing a bell but other than that it is a free for all in goalie creases these days.

Don't quote me but if the goaltender is actually in his crease when the puck came through then I believe it would be deemed that he could have played the puck thus nulifying the icing call. If the goaltender was on his way to the bench for an extra attacker then he would not be considered someone who was obliged to play the puck so icing would not be waved off

Don't quote me but if the goaltender is actually in his crease when the puck came through then I believe it would be deemed that he could have played the puck thus nulifying the icing call. If the goaltender was on his way to the bench for an extra attacker then he would not be considered someone who was obliged to play the puck so icing would not be waved off

..thanks, that sounds right...cheers

Nasty hit on Hossa in Phoenix. I think Torres could be in trouble. Everyone knew this was coming. Quenville is pissed. Once again, Thomas has been traded to the Islanders. We see an old friend tomorrow perhaps?

Wonder if Quenville will get fined? Called the ref a disgrace. Ha

Wow. Tim Thomas traded to Islanders. Guess who they play next? Us.

Well, his contract has been traded to the Islanders ! Good move on the Bruins part as it fee's up $5mil in this years cap. It also put's the Islanders over the cap so if Thomas decides to come out of retirement, it'll make either he or Nabokov available for trade. I think this years trade deadline day (April 3 ) will be a very active one

Well, his contract has been traded to the Islanders ! Good move on the Bruins part as it fee's up $5mil in this years cap. It also put's the Islanders over the cap so if Thomas decides to come out of retirement, it'll make either he or Nabokov available for trade. I think this years trade deadline day (April 3 ) will be a very active one

So you doubt he is in condition to play? Or ready? Slim chance of him playing tomorrow?

Thomas took the year off, he is at his house wherever he lives without any intention of playing this year.

This is a sick move by the islanders ownership, I would be furious as a fan. They grab a contract to be comfortable with the cap floor, and only give Boston a conditional pick, so if he doesn't ever play they don't get it. Boston now has cap space. Its a money move, that only spreads the gap between richer/poorer teams. I'm surprised the league allows a move like this that goes against the spirit of the cba.

So you doubt he is in condition to play? Or ready? Slim chance of him playing tomorrow?

Not sure he's even agreed to report. Technically, he's under suspension and was being fined by the Bruins for breech of contract and I believe that will carry over now that he's been traded. Personally, I think this will go the same route as it did when the Islanders signed a retired Nabokov. He didn't report till the following season . However, if Thomas does report , the Islanders will have no choice but to trade one of them this season. There'll be no shortage of teams interested in both

NHL Rule 69 everybody should be able to remember that one.

Correction ! A goaltender can allow the puck to go through the crease for an icing

Your team is fucking melba toast BD. So are you trying to say my Sabers stole one? I cant wait til we play your sorry Russian ass's again so Thomas Vanek can light you up like Xmas tree

2-8 frickin pathetic. I've given up. They just fell apart last night gave up 4 goals in 5 minutes. Nobody is that bad in the NHL.

2-8 frickin pathetic. I've given up. They just fell apart last night gave up 4 goals in 5 minutes. Nobody is that bad in the NHL.

Actually Colombus is the worst team. They are an AHL team. I did not mean to be offensive. Just kiddin

Its not always the record, but how the team got the record. Does anyone think Toronto will last?

Not sure he's even agreed to report. Technically, he's under suspension and was being fined by the Bruins for breech of contract and I believe that will carry over now that he's been traded. Personally, I think this will go the same route as it did when the Islanders signed a retired Nabokov. He didn't report till the following season . However, if Thomas does report , the Islanders will have no choice but to trade one of them this season. There'll be no shortage of teams interested in both

But you highly doubt he is ready to go? And wont play the Sabres tomorrow right?

Black Dawg, sorry about your Caps. I have to say I kind of saw it coming. Not enough good moves. Ovetchkin is expected to do it all.

Actually Colombus is the worst team. They are an AHL team. I did not mean to be offensive. Just kiddin

Its not always the record, but how the team got the record. Does anyone think Toronto will last?

I didn't think it was offensive. The truth is they're not playing like an NHL franchise. If by cant get up up for he pens, Who can they beat?

Toronto will last as long as their goalie play stays strong.

If they can get passed having 4 players going to the puck in their own zone...yes. If Reimer continues to play decent, I think they're cocky enough and skilled enough up front to win a few games in spite of their defensive mistakes

I didn't think it was offensive. The truth is they're not playing like an NHL franchise. If by cant get up up for he pens, Who can they beat?

Toronto will last as long as their goalie play stays strong.

I do not think Toronto can last. They proved it last year when they had even a better start If my Sabres dont beat Toronto Ill dance naked on main street. I am hoping last nights game is the game that will turn things around. Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Vanek is a beast

I do not think Toronto can last. They proved it last year when they had even a better start If my Sabres dont beat Toronto Ill dance naked on main street. I am hoping last nights game is the game that will turn things around. Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Vanek is a beast

..lol....I am not asking for video confirmation if/when Rick, but if the Leafs do beat the Sabres please live up to your "If my Sabres dont beat Toronto Ill dance naked on main street." comment lol....

I'll be ok with just reading about it on line somewhere......

..lol....I am not asking for video confirmation if/when Rick, but if the Leafs do beat the Sabres please live up to your "If my Sabres dont beat Toronto Ill dance naked on main street." comment lol....

I'll be ok with just reading about it on line somewhere......

What I mean is we will finish higher in the standings. We must play them four more times? We may lose one game? But they wont finish ahead of us. No way. They never do and they wont now.

Archived