The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

They did. Big win against a very good Duck team.

i have been watching them. I dont know that they are very good. They beat the bad teams they are supposed to beat like Colombus and Edmonton. But the schedule will catch up with them eventually. I think they have a couple of go to guys that can score, but I do not think they are in the class of St Louis, Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose.

i have been watching them. I dont know that they are very good. They beat the bad teams they are supposed to beat like Colombus and Edmonton. But the schedule will catch up with them eventually. I think they have a couple of go to guys that can score, but I do not think they are in the class of St Louis, Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose.

I think they're a team that can be absolutely dominant at times but they could probably do with another goal scorer

...if the Leafers win again tonight they are for real, will make the playoffs, and most likely finish ahead of the Sabres. Just a prediction...but start practicing your favorite dance lol.....

LOL ! Not sure we actually want to see Rick dancing naked in the streets so I'm hoping your Leafs do NOT finish higher than the Sabres :lol: . That said, I really do like the way your young guy's are playing. Carlyle seems to be giving them a long rope and I think that's exactly what those young guy's need. Like I said earlier, if they can tighten up a bit on D then I like their chances of making the playoffs

Tyler Myers is a healthy scratch tonight. Hopefully the rest helps him straighten his game out.

And I'm scared of the leafs, only because they don't have as much time to completely collapse. They might get in.

LOL ! Not sure we actually want to see Rick dancing naked in the streets so I'm hoping your Leafs do NOT finish higher than the Sabres :lol: . That said, I really do like the way your young guy's are playing. Carlyle seems to be giving them a long rope and I think that's exactly what those young guy's need. Like I said earlier, if they can tighten up a bit on D then I like their chances of making the playoffs

....another thing that needs to happen is for Phaneuf to get control of that point shot. He is going to take more guys out if he doesn;t. If he hits one more guy waist high I would take him off the pp....or make him go back to a wooden stick (which he and a lot of guys should do regardless)

....another thing that needs to happen is for Phaneuf to get control of that point shot. He is going to take more guys out if he doesn;t. If he hits one more guy waist high I would take him off the pp....or make him go back to a wooden stick (which he and a lot of guys should do regardless)

Agreed ! Phaneuf definitely needs to just start getting the puck through and stop taking the big wind up. Actually, there are way too many point men on every team who could learn that lesson. If the composit stick is the reason they think they're always going to score from the point, then yeah, go back to a wooden stick and just do what's asked...get the puck to the front of the net and give your forwards a chance to deflect or collect a rebound. It ain't rocket science !

Agreed ! Phaneuf definitely needs to just start getting the puck through and stop taking the big wind up. Actually, there are way too many point men on every team who could learn that lesson. If the composit stick is the reason they think they're always going to score from the point, then yeah, go back to a wooden stick and just do what's asked...get the puck to the front of the net and give your forwards a chance to deflect or collect a rebound. It ain't rocket science !

...when I was a kid there was a guy named Bobby Orr who was pretty good at that. Maybe these guys need to see some video of him...

...when I was a kid there was a guy named Bobby Orr who was pretty good at that. Maybe these guys need to see some video of him...

Orr and Perrault. Perrault for his ability to stick handle and skate with the puck through defenders. Orr the same and is accurate shot every time he took a shot it was accurate. The art of stick handling and shooting accurately are out the window.

Does anyone know how my Sabres got to Long island? Or if they did get there?

You've got that right ! The greatest ever and very rarely did he wind up for the big shot. With guy's like Esposito standing in front of the net, all he needed to do was get in the area. Lidstrom comes to mind as well.

You've got that right ! The greatest ever and very rarely did he wind up for the big shot. With guy's like Esposito standing in front of the net, all he needed to do was get in the area. Lidstrom comes to mind as well.

had to post...this guy killed my Leafers all the time but what a beauty!

Where's Gordie?

Gordie was some what past his prime when I started watching hockey Rick. He was still great but I was able to see these three guy's from the start of their careers to the finish

Gordie was some what past his prime when I started watching hockey Rick. He was still great but I was able to see these three guy's from the start of their careers to the finish

I saw him. And Orr, and Gretsky and Lemieux and Beleveau and Lafleur and Bossy and Perrault. Howe would use a flat ended stick and shoot either way. Left or right at times

I saw him. And Orr, and Gretsky and Lemieux and Beleveau and Lafleur and Bossy and Perrault. Howe would use a flat ended stick and shoot either way. Left or right at times

I saw him too and for people who were watching hockey in the 50's and very early 60's, he probably was the best . Same thing could be said of Beliveau and Rocket Richard. That said, up until Orr arrived on the scene, I'd have said Beliveau was the best I'd seen and even today, he'd be in my top 5.

What a class act

http://youtu.be/oiTj4zcSpn8

Chicago is off the wall this season, 20 points allready!

Vanek a goal an assist to lead to his lead leading total. Miller was nuts. Sulzer with the game winner. Huge win. Boston in tomorrow with an unexpected rest. I just hope Lindy puts Ryan in again. He was plenty busy. Maybe not having Myers big body in front let him see pucks better?

What the hell is going on in Montreal? Leafs up 5-0. This may be their sweetest win in years. Blues are giving up goals like Xmas cookies. Wake up Blues.

SABRES WIN!!!!!!11 :slapshot:

PS Ally, hope your boys win. Bet a 3 teamer. Phila/Car over 5, Buffalo, Vancouver

Leafs pummel Habs. Caps wake up and blast Panthers 5-0.

St louis got robbed. Scored the winner in OT and they called goaltender interference. Bullshit. Anaheim player pushed the Blues guy into the goalie. Nashville fuckiing robbed by refs too. Shit call, PP, goal, goodnight Irene.

Now the Canucks are losing. I cant believe this shit. At least my Sabres won

Archived