The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

I work 14 hours, come home and watch the last 3 min of the 3rd, before I can sit down, the Rangers give a point away in the standings...WTF....at least we left Boston with 2 points, a three game winning streak...Rangers might have found their skates.

I bet the Rangers and Ducks. Two team parlay. I won but got gray hairs doing so

Having a laugh at all the so called hockey pundits who keep trying to say that there's a goaltending controversy in Vancouver. Sorry guy's, there isn't ! We've got two great ones and both are playing lights out. I'm also laughing at those who say Luongo is over paid. At $ 4.5/season he's a bargoon and a half and will still be a bargoon at that price for the remaining 8yrs of his contract. Think it's time the eastern media manned up and admitted that they just really don't like the success the Canucks have had over the last few years and quit their Luongo witch hunt

Having a laugh at all the so called hockey pundits who keep trying to say that there's a goaltending controversy in Vancouver. Sorry guy's, there isn't ! We've got two great ones and both are playing lights out. I'm also laughing at those who say Luongo is over paid. At $ 4.5/season he's a bargoon and a half and will still be a bargoon at that price for the remaining 8yrs of his contract. Think it's time the eastern media manned up and admitted that they just really don't like the success the Canucks have had over the last few years and quit their Luongo witch hunt

I think he took alot of blame for the loss to Boston in the finals A Cup they were expected to win. After he did seem to want out like Thomas did in Boston. But it happened in Thomas's case.

It's a tough team to love with Burrows and LaPierre on it. However, if they ever became Leafs they would be welcomed with open arms. They both made the top 10 most hated guys list so they must be doing something right.......and Good for Luongo!

The Leafs are playing better than they have in 30 years. Will it last? Can it last? I just dont think they have the horses? If they did, why didnt this happen before? As for my team, we put 43 shots on that fucker and could not beat him. So we outplayed them in a loss. Bad luck is all it is. But I do not know how much rope Lindy has? Regier was just renewed, his contract. If I had to chose between Regier and Ruff I chose Ruff. Myers played better but the two goals they scored were just lazy breakdowns giviing them a free slapshot that had eyes on it. Miller sure deserves better as well as he has played. I am betting that St Louis beats the shit out of Detroit tonight. St Louis is too good for this to continue and Detroit is rebuilding. I think tonight they will be reminded of that.

It's a tough team to love with Burrows and LaPierre on it. However, if they ever became Leafs they would be welcomed with open arms. They both made the top 10 most hated guys list so they must be doing something right.......and Good for Luongo!

Yep, they aren't exactly loveable but every team in the league has guy's just like them. However, I'm more pissed at the fact that the media seems to be playing a deliberate role of slagging Luongo off as a goaltender who isn't worth the price when the fact of the matter is, he isn't even in the top 5-6 highest paid goaltenders in the league ! He's definitely among the best goaltenders in the league and at $4.5 /season, the notion that the Canucks won't be able to get what they want for him, is just plain ridiculous. He'll go at least another 6yrs as a top notcher. As a matter of fact, I hope he stays and we ship Cory. The level of performance will be the same and the cap hit.. much less. End of rant :lol:

It reallly sucks the East does not play the West. No freebies for us. Like Colombus and Edmonton and Calgary. I do now believe the East is better than the West. More difficult teams to have to deal with.

I honestly don't think there are any freebies in either the west or the east. If any team in this league doesn't bring it's game with them, they're going to get knocked off. The parity today is about the only thing that I can give Bettman and the NHL brass credit for.

I honestly don't think there are any freebies in either the west or the east. If any team in this league doesn't bring it's game with them, they're going to get knocked off. The parity today is about the only thing that I can give Bettman and the NHL brass credit for.

I agree there are no freebies. But if I had to pick the weakest teams, they would be Edmonton, Colombus and Calgary. The Islanders have Traveras and he can drive any team nuts. Shaky start for this kid St Louis put in the nets. Allen. WTF is up with that? I found out after my money was down. Im on the fucking clothes line. It was 2-0 Wings and the Blues just rang home a short handed goal. 2-1. Detroit has another PP. Lets Go Blues

Well Millers bro scored

I agree there are no freebies. But if I had to pick the weakest teams, they would be Edmonton, Colombus and Calgary. The Islanders have Traveras and he can drive any team nuts. Shaky start for this kid St Louis put in the nets. Allen. WTF is up with that? I found out after my money was down. Im on the fucking clothes line. It was 2-0 Wings and the Blues just rang home a short handed goal. 2-1. Detroit has another PP. Lets Go Blues

Well Millers bro scored

Edmonton is a team that could do with a little toughness in the line up to protect those kids. If they do, look out. Calgary was starting to get the hang of Hartley's system just as Kiprisoff got hurt and their back up goaltender has been poor If Kipper get's back relatively soon, I wouldn't write them off just yet. Also, I can't see Iginla staying so expect a trade to happen shortly. Columbus..new president in John Davidson and a new GM ...just announced. They already have three 1st round picks in this years draft . Seems like they're going for 4

Edmonton is a team that could do with a little toughness in the line up to protect those kids. If they do, look out. Calgary was starting to get the hang of Hartley's system just as Kiprisoff got hurt and their back up goaltender has been poor If Kipper get's back relatively soon, I wouldn't write them off just yet. Also, I can't see Iginla staying so expect a trade to happen shortly. Columbus..new president in John Davidson and a new GM ...just announced. They already have three 1st round picks in this years draft . Seems like they're going for 4

Calgary is one of those teams that is absolutely better on the road than at home. They are a different team on the road. Colombus has an AHL lineup. With a few exceptions. San Jose must have really not showed up the other night. The Blues should whack these Wiings in the third. Its 3-3 as the Blues came roaring back showing they are the better team. I say the Blues take this game. Chicago did lose to Anaheim in OT. I took Anaheim based on the law of averages. Give the Hawks credit for a great start. But once again proof that teams come together more in hockey on the road. They are together in the hotel and have less distractions. My boys need to throw the kitchen sink at Boston on Friday night. Then they get Pittsburgh Sunday afternoon. no breaks in the schedule at all for us.

Ottawa may have lost Erik Karlsson indefinitely with a laseration on the lower back part of his leg. Matt Cooke involved..hmmmmm...

http://video.tsn.ca/...4712%2Fclip%2F0

Yes he is out and that means Ottawa is out. Surgery. Too bad. I hate to see anyone get hurt, but their hearts sure didnt bleed when Miller was intentionally hurt. We have Pittsburgh Sunday on national TV

Realignment is coming folks. It looks like 4 big divisions. In the East, my division is proposed to look like this:

Buffalo

Boston

Toronto

Montreal

Ottawa

Florida

Tampa

(Group C-it will be)

Needless to say Winnipeg will be going west. Detroit will stay in the west.

Ottawa may have lost Erik Karlsson indefinitely with a laseration on the lower back part of his leg. Matt Cooke involved..hmmmmm...

http://video.tsn.ca/...4712%2Fclip%2F0

Kevin Bieksa had his leg cut open by a skate two seasons in a row on what looked like similar plays as this. In both his cases , they were clearly accidental but this one looks far more deliberate to me.

I always cringe when I see players being hit by skates. It brings back those horrible memories of Clint Malarchuck . Scariest and ugliest injury I've ever seen in any sport

Kevin Bieksa had his leg cut open by a skate two seasons in a row on what looked like similar plays as this. In both his cases , they were clearly accidental but this one looks far more deliberate to me.

I always cringe when I see players being hit by skates. It brings back those horrible memories of Clint Malarchuck . Scariest and ugliest injury I've ever seen in any sport

in Buffalo. Yes. I remember it well. I do not think Cooke did it on purpose. Gomez did it to Miller but a bit different. We must take advantage and get our ass's rolling now.

in Buffalo. Yes. I remember it well. I do not think Cooke did it on purpose. Gomez did it to Miller but a bit different. We must take advantage and get our ass's rolling now.

I dunno Rick. Watch Cooke's left skate. He tries the old "look the other way" act when they go into the boards but I'm not buying it. Looks pretty deliberate to me.

I dunno Rick. Watch Cooke's left skate. He tries the old "look the other way" act when they go into the boards but I'm not buying it. Looks pretty deliberate to me.

I just saw it on the NHL channel. Of course Crosby is going to stick up for "Cookie" as he called him. The guy is a fucking goon. I wont argue that. But it was not an Averyesc type of hit. If they were playing the Flyers I may be more inclined believe motive was there. We play them Sunday on national TV and Lindy probably already has a plan for Cooke. Scott and Kaleta for sure.

Realignment is coming folks. It looks like 4 big divisions. In the East, my division is proposed to look like this:

Buffalo

Boston

Toronto

Montreal

Ottawa

Florida

Tampa

(Group C-it will be)

Needless to say Winnipeg will be going west. Detroit will stay in the west.

I have tickets to the upcoming game between the Bruins and the Panthers at the Bank Atlantic Center Feb 24th.

I just saw it on the NHL channel. Of course Crosby is going to stick up for "Cookie" as he called him. The guy is a fucking goon. I wont argue that. But it was not an Averyesc type of hit. If they were playing the Flyers I may be more inclined believe motive was there. We play them Sunday on national TV and Lindy probably already has a plan for Cooke. Scott and Kaleta for sure.

Seems like all the players and coaches I've seen interviewed feel that Cooke was just finishing his check and that the injury was a bit of a fluke thing. Guess that just shoots me down ... in flames :lol:

Seems like all the players and coaches I've seen interviewed feel that Cooke was just finishing his check and that the injury was a bit of a fluke thing. Guess that just shoots me down ... in flames :lol:

You always see it differently dont you you trouble maker! Ha. Well, we all know Cooke is no angel. Worse than Avery? No. There is a topic for today, the worst goons or bad guys of all time

Shultz "the Hammer"

Fergy

Playfair

You always see it differently dont you you trouble maker! Ha. Well, we all know Cooke is no angel. Worse than Avery? No. There is a topic for today, the worst goons or bad guys of all time

Shultz "the Hammer"

Fergy

Playfair

I suppose so...lol

Dave Semenko

Andre " The Moose " Dupont

Archived