The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Kings wearing my favorite uniform of all time. The old purple and gold. Love the old gold home jerseys too

Those uniforms seemed to do the trick last night !

We're in Minnesota tonight for a divisonal game that can only be described as a must win. I think a loss will trigger some significant changes

We're in Minnesota tonight for a divisonal game that can only be described as a must win. I think a loss will trigger some significant changes

Enjoy your Wild time. Caps take on Rangers at 12:30 on NBC. I hope Father Sal didn't put a long sermon together. Well maybe not considering he had an hour less last night to write it. With the way my Caps are playing, it may be over by the middle of 1st and I'll miss the whole thing.

Get ready Zepscoda!!!

It cannot be a must win if you are in a playoff postion like you are. A must win is a game like the Sabres/Flyers or Wash needing to beat the rangers. I do not like Washington's chances after the stinker vs the Islanders. But every day is a new day in this league. In the Philly papers, they are in full panic. Leighton has been called up for God knows why?

It cannot be a must win if you are in a playoff postion like you are. A must win is a game like the Sabres/Flyers or Wash needing to beat the rangers. I do not like Washington's chances after the stinker vs the Islanders. But every day is a new day in this league. In the Philly papers, they are in full panic. Leighton has been called up for God knows why?

The Wild are a division opponent and the way we're playing, I don't like our chances of making the playoffs period unless we win our division outright.

The Wild are a division opponent and the way we're playing, I don't like our chances of making the playoffs period unless we win our division outright.

I feel pretty good about Vancouver tonight. I threw them on a parlay and took the Sabres, St Louis (risky) and took my longshot of the day special. I took the Islanders to catch the Penguins napping. The Islanders stopped a hot Washington team and can sneak up on teams more these days. Tavares is a great player. They are not as bad as they have been and can give anyone a fight. So can Colombus. I believe Florida is the worst team right now. They are the only team that seem to be an easy victory. They lost Weiss and are in comlete confusion. I expect a firing there quite soon. I hope Lindy does not take that job. If its offered. He was an assistant there before he was the Sabres head coach when Florida first came in and got to the finals only to lose to Colorado. And as much as I hate Montreal I bet them today over Florida. I just cant see Florida beating them. And took the Blackhawks to bounce back fast vs the hapless Oilers. To me the 2nd worst team in hockey. They have nothing.

Well my sports experts site is picking the Capitals today. So I thew them in on one..

I feel pretty good about Vancouver tonight. I threw them on a parlay and took the Sabres, St Louis (risky) and took my longshot of the day special. I took the Islanders to catch the Penguins napping. The Islanders stopped a hot Washington team and can sneak up on teams more these days. Tavares is a great player. They are not as bad as they have been and can give anyone a fight. So can Colombus. I believe Florida is the worst team right now. They are the only team that seem to be an easy victory. They lost Weiss and are in comlete confusion. I expect a firing there quite soon. I hope Lindy does not take that job. If its offered. He was an assistant there before he was the Sabres head coach when Florida first came in and got to the finals only to lose to Colorado. And as much as I hate Montreal I bet them today over Florida. I just cant see Florida beating them. And took the Blackhawks to bounce back fast vs the hapless Oilers. To me the 2nd worst team in hockey. They have nothing.

Well my sports experts site is picking the Capitals today. So I thew them in on one..

I agree that Florida would be a bad move for Lindy unless of course, they offered him the moon and all he was looking for was an opportunity to cash in. Tbh, I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did. :lol:

Have to disagree though about the Oilers having nothing.. It might not be translating into wins at the moment but they have plenty of talent, albeit inexperienced talent. In my mind, the OIlers and the Avalanche are two young teams who I expect to be a force in the west in the not too distant future. Both however need a great coach and I think Lindy would fit the bill quite nicely with either of them

Enjoy your Wild time. Caps take on Rangers at 12:30 on NBC. I hope Father Sal didn't put a long sermon together. Well maybe not considering he had an hour less last night to write it. With the way my Caps are playing, it may be over by the middle of 1st and I'll miss the whole thing.

Get ready Zepscoda!!!

Soild first period.......I can't believe your caps lost on the island.

Soild first period.......I can't believe your caps lost on the island.

The Islanders are no gimme like people think. They can beat anyone on a given night. Pittsburgh may find that out today. If they get caught napping Tavares will light the lamps. The winning streak and the way they won was pretty impressive given recent fallout in Washington. So they are at least on the right path. A path I hope I can say the Sabres are on after tonight. We had 7 of 8 pts before that collapse. in Jersey. 2-0 lead blown with 7 minutes to go. Miller plays tonight and the Flyers? Who knows. They are a very desperate team and will be out to kill us. Expecially after Vanek put up 5 pts on them in the season opener on National TV. A lifetime ago when Lindy still walked the plank.

The Islanders are no gimme like people think. They can beat anyone on a given night. Pittsburgh may find that out today. If they get caught napping Tavares will light the lamps. The winning streak and the way they won was pretty impressive given recent fallout in Washington. So they are at least on the right path. A path I hope I can say the Sabres are on after tonight. We had 7 of 8 pts before that collapse. in Jersey. 2-0 lead blown with 7 minutes to go. Miller plays tonight and the Flyers? Who knows. They are a very desperate team and will be out to kill us. Expecially after Vanek put up 5 pts on them in the season opener on National TV. A lifetime ago when Lindy still walked the plank.

Moulson and Tavares don't get the props around the leauge they deserve. I really do think once they move across the river from the Rangers, Brooklyn will put a spotlight on the Islanders that Nassau just could not do. They could become a powerhouse in the east.

Moulson and Tavares don't get the props around the leauge they deserve. I really do think once they move across the river from the Rangers, Brooklyn will put a spotlight on the Islanders that Nassau just could not do. They could become a powerhouse in the east.

Those dirtbag Capitals. I should have followed my own instincts that they would lose to the Rangers. Well, only a small $5 parlay at least. So Gumby got pulled? I am waiting for my Sabres to play the Flyers tonight. May tune into some other Center Ice action also. St Louis and Anaheim should be a good game, Ill flip, depending on how the Sabres are doing. I hope we go in their and drill those pricks

Your former coach is doing very well in Anaheim.

Gabby is a class act. Wherever he goes his teams will be successful. Washington however had too many prima donnas. They should have made a few trades and rocked the boat before sending the skipper off.

Washington however had too many prima donnas. They should have made a few trades and rocked the boat before sending the skipper off.

I'm thinking that my Canucks are suffering from the same problem at the moment and I have a bad feeling that it's going to cost Vigneault his job.

Archived