The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Rolston must be fired and I hope this week. Give Patrick the job for now and then go get Ron Wilson or Cunnyworth. Fire Regier and get rid of Regehr the d man and Leopold. How the hell can Rolston justify playing Porter over Kaleta and playing this kid from Rochester that killed us? Kaleta has already spoken out. Rolston sucks. Fire him and Darcy now.

Some big changes are coming to both of our clubs Rick.

The Sabres are starting Enroth tonight and I wonder what lengths this new interim "coach" has had to go through to keep Kaleta and Miller from going at one another? Miller publically called Kaleta out. Kaleta will play tonight. Rolston has shaken up the lines. Perhaps a last ditch attempt to salvage the season and his job? I think its smart to play /Enroth with all the side circus going on with Miller. Miller is distracted to say the least. I am wondering if he indeed will leave the Sabres? it will be a very sad day for me but maybe its something that must be done. But the scenario that Ally suggested, and Mike Milbury did too, is a tough one. If they were to send luongo to Florida they are going to want a lot in return. they are not going to get it. Not for Luongo who has lost a bit of his value. One expert on TV yesterday, for lack of a better term, said he expects Luongo to remain for the rest of the season. So maybe Cory will be moved? I doubt its Buffalo because if Miller is moved to Vancouver Luongo must go. I would not be shocked to see Miller wind up a Duck? Perry is locked in but Ryan and Getslov are not. Get ready for a lot of moves over the next few weeks. I wonder if St Louis is happy with their goaltending. If Miller went there I would not mind as much as I like the team, and I like some guys there a lot. Bergland and Bacches included. I am sure I spelled that wrong.

Vancouver threw the kitchen sink at Minnesota and came up empty. I expect they may be tired and I had to take a shot with the Blues. Also the Penguins, Carolina. I am sure hoping Terry Pegula is trying to figure out what to do with this damn mess. Lindy Ruff must feel bad. He does not want the Sabres to fail as he has many friends on that team and in the organization. I wish they would bring him back with a new GM. How can Pegula possible allow Regier to make deadline moves when he has been all but assured a firing if the playoffs are missed. barring a miraculous finish, its pretty much icing on the cake and Regiers days are numbered. I would fire him now if I had a replacement. But who will he hire? I personally want no part of Burke. I am sort of hoping Ron Wilson gets a shot at the coaching job if not Randy Cunnyworth or James Patrick.

Yeah? Players or Management/Front Office? Or both?

I believe both. There is definitely something wrong in the room with this group so that usually leads to a bit of a house cleaning. It has to happen and IMHO, it needs to happen soon

Hey Rick, are your Sabres gonna hang on?...2-1...6mins left

Sabres win in OT and Beat Montreal 3-2. Toronto has lost 5 in row. They come in Thurs. If we beat them we can move within 4 pts of them and playoff spot. hard to believe we are still alive.

Ott scores!...congrats Rick

They gave the goal to Erhoff on CBS?? anyway, Ole Ole , Ole, Ole!!!!!! :party:

Leafs have lost 5 in a row. If we can beat them at home we can move within 4 pts of a playoff spot and the Leafs. A small light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Now the million dollar questions? Do you allow Regier to make the deadline trades? Do you try and get in? Do you trade Miller? We know we must get rid of Robyn Regehr who is a total waste of a hockey player. Lazy, slow, and just gives the puck away. Why did we ever get him from Calgary? We must make deals but do you want a guy that is hanging by a thread to make the decisions? Will Pegula give him one more chance at the deadline? Lots of questions to be answered. This team and town are too damn good to be in this position.

They gave the goal to Erhoff on CBS?? anyway, Ole Ole , Ole, Ole!!!!!! :party:

Leafs have lost 5 in a row. If we can beat them at home we can move within 4 pts of a playoff spot and the Leafs. A small light at the end of a very dark tunnel. Now the million dollar questions? Do you allow Regier to make the deadline trades? Do you try and get in? Do you trade Miller? We know we must get rid of Robyn Regehr who is a total waste of a hockey player. Lazy, slow, and just gives the puck away. Why did we ever get him from Calgary? We must make deals but do you want a guy that is hanging by a thread to make the decisions? Will Pegula give him one more chance at the deadline? Lots of questions to be answered. This team and town are too damn good to be in this position.

I know I will be keeping an eye on trade deadline day....trading Miller???...really, do you think that could happen?.....

Yeah Buffalo is usually not in this position..

Still, I am hoping my Leafers hammer you guys on Thursday...nothing personal lol...cheers

I know I will be keeping an eye on trade deadline day....trading Miller???...really, do you think that could happen?.....

Yeah Buffalo is usually not in this position..

Still, I am hoping my Leafers hammer you guys on Thursday...nothing personal lol...cheers

Rise ye Sabres!!!!! Rise!!!!!! From the ash's of despair to the warriors we know we can be!!!!! Lets Go Buff A Lo!!!!!! First you must worry about Tampa tomorrow night. I think Tampa will win. And I hope they do. We will deal with them later. We can catch Carolina also as I just heard they not only got pummeled by Florida but lost 3 starting defensemen to injury. My heart just bleeds for those bastards. They cost us the Cup in 06 with 4 of our starting defensemen out for game 7. We take a 3-2 lead to period 3 and lose a heartbreaker. Tallinder alone would have been enough. To me that was more disappointing than the 99 final. We were the best team and fate did us in again. We now have a guy with money behind us so I expect the sabres to be succesfull soon. Raymond just scored for Vancouver as I type. This is two good teams and one of them should be Chicago's stiffest challenger.

lol....love the first couple of lines Rick....

yeah Tampa will be tough. I was actually on a golfing trip in Tampa about a month ago and watched the game live in Tampa between the Leafs and Lightening.....Leafs lost but me and my pals had a blast at the game....

The friggin ACC with all the stuffed shirts in the platinum seats could learn a thing or two about having a good time at a game from the Tampa crowd.....

anyway, the hockey is great now no matter who is playing. It seems that everyone is in it for the most part and that is good for the league...

All I want this year, is to not be chanting "Golf Leafs Golf" at the end of the season for a change

adios..........

lol....love the first couple of lines Rick....

yeah Tampa will be tough. I was actually on a golfing trip in Tampa about a month ago and watched the game live in Tampa between the Leafs and Lightening.....Leafs lost but me and my pals had a blast at the game....

The friggin ACC with all the stuffed shirts in the platinum seats could learn a thing or two about having a good time at a game from the Tampa crowd.....

anyway, the hockey is great now no matter who is playing. It seems that everyone is in it for the most part and that is good for the league...

All I want this year, is to not be chanting "Golf Leafs Golf" at the end of the season for a change

adios..........

It could be that they have started to come apart like they always do. I believe Tampa will beat them tonight and that will open the door for my Sabres to make something of the season? But I am waiting for the axe to fall on Darcy before the deadline. If they wait then they are going to allow him to make the calls? I just don't see any sense in leaving him on if they intend to fire him at seasons end? Unless they are going to see if he can get them in? I do not want to see Miller go. I am hoping Vanek will be back for the Leafs game but I think its highly unlikely. Three teams sit with 32 pts and your Leafs are one. And all of them can be caught.

I have to agree. It's sometimes easy for us fans to forget that fact when we get all wrapped up in our own clubs. Personally, I'd love to see a final that involved say, the Bruins and Hawks. What a series that would be !

I have to agree. It's sometimes easy for us fans to forget that fact when we get all wrapped up in our own clubs. Personally, I'd love to see a final that involved say, the Bruins and Hawks. What a series that would be !

Bruins/Hawks would be a great series! I'd be glued...........but Canucks/Leafs would be even better ally! Can you imagine the hype!?

Bruins/Hawks would be a great series! I'd be glued...........but Canucks/Leafs would be even better ally! Can you imagine the hype!?

Don Cherry would have to buy a whole new wardrobe for that :lol:

Archived