The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Blackhawks are kicking the crap out of the Stars tonight........on another note, I can't see torts lasting much longer up in NY.

Stramge and disgusting day. My team blows a 2-0 le and loses in OT on a power play. The Islanders blow a 3-0 lead and win by one. If they had won by two I would have won big. Had them with Tampa minus a goal also, but I at least wheeled St Louis.

Canucks stink the joint out again ! Losing to the Wings is no disgrace but losing 5-2 at home to anyone, certainly is. Looks like we've also lost Booth again to an ankle injury so things are not looking too good for this group at all.. All I can say at the moment is.....WHAT ABOUT THOSE JETS :lol:

Canucks stink the joint out again ! Losing to the Wings is no disgrace but losing 5-2 at home to anyone, certainly is. Looks like we've also lost Booth again to an ankle injury so things are not looking too good for this group at all.. All I can say at the moment is.....WHAT ABOUT THOSE JETS :lol:mmmb

This replica uniforms they wore were worse than the Steelers bumble bee unis. That is what was worn in 1912-1922

Zepscoda, I think its a safe bet none of our teams are going very far. We keep blowing leads. Your Rangers are struggliing and their coach is on thin ice with the league I am sure. Dallas? Yikes. 8-1? At least the Sabres never get beat like that. I know it was Chicago but still. The goaltending must be in trouble. Legtinen or however you spell his name, was a good goalie for a while there. maybe he was not in? I dont know. I know this game between us and BD's redjackets is a big one. Sort of. If we win it puts us back in the picture. Lose and it hurts. They are both in deep trouble, but its not like either could not overcome it and sneak in. It may be a bigger deal in Buffalo than Washington becasuse it is a certainty to cost Darcy his job if the Sabres do not get in.

This replica uniforms they wore were worse than the Steelers bumble bee unis. That is what was worn in 1912-1922

I agree Rick. Those uni's should be left in the Hall of Fame closet. They looked slower with them on and probably freaked themselves out a little lol.....t.

ally, did you like them and what are the fans sating about them?

Canucks stink the joint out again ! Losing to the Wings is no disgrace but losing 5-2 at home to anyone, certainly is. Looks like we've also lost Booth again to an ankle injury so things are not looking too good for this group at all.. All I can say at the moment is.....WHAT ABOUT THOSE JETS :lol:

Even though they beat my Leafer's again, I do like the Jets.

Hey how about those Islanders? Are they for real?

Even though they beat my Leafer's again, I do like the Jets.

Hey how about those Islanders? Are they for real?

No. Are you for real? LOL. those fucking dirt bags blew a 3-0 lead and were lucky to win. So NO THEY ARE NOT FOR REAL.

Fucking Miller. I'd like to slap him. How the fuck does he allow the old wrap around goal when you know its coming? Terrible shit on his part. I wonder if he is tanking on purpose to get his ticket to the West coast. But I do not know if the Quacks or Kings would take him now? Maybe. He had better get his shit together quick. I would not be a bit surprised if Enroth gets the call in Washington tonight and I would not blame Rolston one bit. The poor bastard (Rolston) is trying to keep his coaching job. Whether he ever gets another kick at the can in the NHL nobody can ever tell? He has done his best. He is trying.

No. Are you for real? LOL. those fucking dirt bags blew a 3-0 lead and were lucky to win. So NO THEY ARE NOT FOR REAL.

Fucking Miller. I'd like to slap him. How the fuck does he allow the old wrap around goal when you know its coming? Terrible shit on his part. I wonder if he is tanking on purpose to get his ticket to the West coast. But I do not know if the Quacks or Kings would take him now? Maybe. He had better get his shit together quick. I would not be a bit surprised if Enroth gets the call in Washington tonight and I would not blame Rolston one bit. The poor bastard (Rolston) is trying to keep his coaching job. Whether he ever gets another kick at the can in the NHL nobody can ever tell? He has done his best. He is trying.

Rick they are 2 points out of a play-off spot and ahead of the Rangers, Lightening and your beloved Sabres...Would you have placed a bet on that at the beginning of the season?.....I was shocked when i looked at the standings especially based on how they have finished the last couple of years and all the BS with their team....just saying.....I'm intrigued.

Rick they are 2 points out of a play-off spot and ahead of the Rangers, Lightening and your beloved Sabres...Would you have placed a bet on that at the beginning of the season?.....I was shocked when i looked at the standings especially based on how they have finished the last couple of years and all the BS with their team....just saying.....I'm intrigued.

I understand where they are. With a strike shortened season they may even make it? My money says they will not. Like the Leafs, they will find a way to not make it. the game on now is the likely Eastern conference final preview. Boston ast Pittsburgh? The Rangers were expected to be a major contender but like my Sabres have disapointed greatly. Some of its bad luck. There is alot of luck involved in this game. A bounce here and there can kill a team. The Sabres know how to beat these two teams we are watching. They just cant beat the teams they should be beating. Mental ledowns. Do you see us lose 8-1? No. Never. Its always 4-3 or 3-2 in OT or not. That makes it more frustrating. If we just stunk like Florida I would say it. But we dont. We have talent and just have not put the right combinations together. Firing Ruff was not a good thing. I would have fired Regier. Now they must live with it. Good trade I guess for Brennan. He will get to play in Florida.

I agree Rick. Those uni's should be left in the Hall of Fame closet. They looked slower with them on and probably freaked themselves out a little lol.....t.

ally, did you like them and what are the fans sating about them?

I liked the jersey and socks but could have done without the grey pants :lol: . I agree though, put them back in the Hall of Fame closet , get rid of the orca C on the current jersey and bring back the hockey stick crest ! If they're gonna have a replica jersey, go with the old Johnny Canuck crest and colours from the days before expansion.

As for the Jets. Hard not to be happy for the fans in Winterpeg. I can't imagine what it would be like to have your successful franchise whipped out from under your feet and thrown into the desert to rot. Sorry it was your Leafs who lost out to them last night but, they've really been playing well of late .

I liked the jersey and socks but could have done without the grey pants :lol: . I agree though, put them back in the Hall of Fame closet , get rid of the orca C on the current jersey and bring back the hockey stick crest ! If they're gonna have a replica jersey, go with the old Johnny Canuck crest and colours from the days before expansion.

As for the Jets. Hard not to be happy for the fans in Winterpeg. I can't imagine what it would be like to have your successful franchise whipped out from under your feet and thrown into the desert to rot. Sorry it was your Leafs who lost out to them last night but, they've really been playing well of late .

They are playing Devils hockey. The old score the first goal, grab a life preserver and hold on for dear life. Ice the puck a hundred times if you must. Bore the fans into a coma, just win. Play the trap. Play the trap. Play the trap.

They are playing Devils hockey. The old score the first goal, grab a life preserver and hold on for dear life. Ice the puck a hundred times if you must. Bore the fans into a coma, just win. Play the trap. Play the trap. Play the trap.

It's what this present group of players have to do to be successful. That'll change over the next couple of years because we all know that Canadian fans, in any city, won't tolerate that style of play forever.

I understand where they are. With a strike shortened season they may even make it? My money says they will not. Like the Leafs, they will find a way to not make it. the game on now is the likely Eastern conference final preview. Boston ast Pittsburgh? The Rangers were expected to be a major contender but like my Sabres have disapointed greatly. Some of its bad luck. There is alot of luck involved in this game. A bounce here and there can kill a team. The Sabres know how to beat these two teams we are watching. They just cant beat the teams they should be beating. Mental ledowns. Do you see us lose 8-1? No. Never. Its always 4-3 or 3-2 in OT or not. That makes it more frustrating. If we just stunk like Florida I would say it. But we dont. We have talent and just have not put the right combinations together. Firing Ruff was not a good thing. I would have fired Regier. Now they must live with it. Good trade I guess for Brennan. He will get to play in Florida.

awe man, you had to bring my Leafer's into it lol...c'mon Rick!......it is definitley exciting right now and the trade dead line may be really interesting or on the flip side not. It is great to read your passion for hockey whatever your opinions....keep them coming....Good luck to your Sabres but better luck to my Leafs...cheers

Off the Draw OV tweaks the twine. Miller ever saw it.

I doubt it much matters for either team. You guys have Pittsburgh next. We know how that one will turn out. We are doing everything possible to make sure Regier gets the Axe. Question is will he get it before the trade deadline or after? Both of these teams are in big big trouble.

I doubt it much matters for either team. You guys have Pittsburgh next. We know how that one will turn out. We are doing everything possible to make sure Regier gets the Axe. Question is will he get it before the trade deadline or after? Both of these teams are in big big trouble.

It doesn't look like it matters to Holtby either. Hodgson caught him sleeping with a flat footed d man as a screen. 12 seconds in to 2nd

Zepscoda, I think its a safe bet none of our teams are going very far. We keep blowing leads. Your Rangers are struggliing and their coach is on thin ice with the league I am sure. Dallas? Yikes. 8-1? At least the Sabres never get beat like that. I know it was Chicago but still. The goaltending must be in trouble. Legtinen or however you spell his name, was a good goalie for a while there. maybe he was not in? I dont know. I know this game between us and BD's redjackets is a big one. Sort of. If we win it puts us back in the picture. Lose and it hurts. They are both in deep trouble, but its not like either could not overcome it and sneak in. It may be a bigger deal in Buffalo than Washington becasuse it is a certainty to cost Darcy his job if the Sabres do not get in.

Kari Lehtonen was pulled early in the 2nd after the 4th goal, he faced 17 shots. Then Bachman let in 4 .... the crowd was packed with Blackhawk fans, lots of transplants down here....a huge wake up call for owner Tom Gaglardi.

Sabers pull within 2.........but my father duties trump my passion for hockey, the kids need to watch Shake it Up on the Disney Channel.....LOL

You need to build a man cave. When they are older like mine, they'll join you for the games.

This coach is a moron calling this kid up from Rochester and its costing us the game and season. And he leaves Porter, another one of his boys from the AHL out there. This guy sucks./ Should never have fired Ruff. End of Regiers era. he is toast. Fire him before the deadline so we can dump Leopold and Regehr the two vets that are also pure shit

Rolston must be fired and I hope this week. Give Patrick the job for now and then go get Ron Wilson or Cunnyworth. Fire Regier and get rid of Regehr the d man and Leopold. How the hell can Rolston justify playing Porter over Kaleta and playing this kid from Rochester that killed us? Kaleta has already spoken out. Rolston sucks. Fire him and Darcy now.

Archived