The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Well the Sedin's wound up with the Sweden team that won the world championship. No medal for Canada? The Swiss got the Silver. I would expect Chicago to bounce back and beat the Red Wings. The Rangers look like shit. But they did all year pretty much when you consider their payroll and talent. Nash got his FIRST goal of the playoffs last night. Yes. HIS FIRST!!!! How can they keep Tortorella after they get whacked by Boston? Its strange how things work out in hockey. My team gives the Bruins hell every time they play them. Its hard to imagine this is the first time in 40 yrs the Bruins and Rangers have met in the playoffs. That is almost impossible to occur? Its pretty strange. I never would have guessed it. Well now the Rangers face the old must win game. Or then they start talking about becoming the fourth team to pull off a miraculous comeback. The funny thing is, it was done to these Bruins by the Flyers.

Oh, Ally, if you are reading, I see that Saskatchewan played Halifax? For the junior title? Those two places are like Boston to Arizona in distance right? Halifax is in the Maritime, part of Nova Scotia and where the Titanic graves are? And Saskatoon almost got the blues franchise?

Get off the damn band wagon you wagon jumper!!! You are a California boy with a flower in his hair. At last check you were a Kings fan. Wagon jumper!!!!!! :wtf:

For the love of god, Rick, can't you understand context? I didn't say I wanted Boston to beat the Kings. I bet the Bruins to beat the Rangers in this series, and I have some friends that are Bruins fans, so I am merely showing my support for my friends and my wager.

Oh, Ally, if you are reading, I see that Saskatchewan played Halifax? For the junior title? Those two places are like Boston to Arizona in distance right? Halifax is in the Maritime, part of Nova Scotia and where the Titanic graves are? And Saskatoon almost got the blues franchise?

That was just a round robin game Rick. There are 4 teams in the Memorial Cup tournament. The western winners : Portland Winterhawks, Ontario winners : London Knights, Quebec winners Halifax Mooseheads and the host team ( who get an automatic berth ) Saskatoon Blades. Each team plays against each other once with the top team gaining a birth in the Final. The second and third place teams playoff to see who faces that team. As I write this, all the teams have a 1-1 record so the next round is going to determine who those 3 teams are. The Final is Sunday.

That was just a round robin game Rick. There are 4 teams in the Memorial Cup tournament. The western winners : Portland Winterhawks, Ontario winners : London Knights, Quebec winners Halifax Mooseheads and the host team ( who get an automatic berth ) Saskatoon Blades. Each team plays against each other once with the top team gaining a birth in the Final. The second and third place teams playoff to see who faces that team. As I write this, all the teams have a 1-1 record so the next round is going to determine who those 3 teams are. The Final is Sunday.

So alot of these guys will wind up in the NHL soon? Remember the Nova Scotia Voyaguers? They came into the AHL and kicked ass. Had Pete Mahovolich.

So alot of these guys will wind up in the NHL soon? Remember the Nova Scotia Voyaguers? They came into the AHL and kicked ass. Had Pete Mahovolich.

Yep, many will. The projected top 3 draft choices are playing in this tournament and there are others who could also go in the first two rounds

The LA Kings must be absolutely pissed about the disallowed goal they scored last night. The puck never stopped moving and it was clearly obvious that it was a good goal ! Just as a fan of the game itself, I hate these kinds of poor decisions ! No matter who they favour or go against because in true NHL fashion, you just know that a make up call will be made sometime before this series is finished . To the NHL and it's officials...just let the teams play .As a fan, I don't think that's asking for too much .

The LA Kings must be absolutely pissed about the disallowed goal they scored last night. The puck never stopped moving and it was clearly obvious that it was a good goal ! Just as a fan of the game itself, I hate these kinds of poor decisions ! No matter who they favour or go against because in true NHL fashion, you just know that a make up call will be made sometime before this series is finished . To the NHL and it's officials...just let the teams play .As a fan, I don't think that's asking for too much .

I could not stay up to see it so I do not know what you are referring to? I expect Chicago to storm back tonight. The Rangers, well they had better start thinking about a new coach. You know Lindy Ruff did play for the Rangers once. For a short time after his career in Buffalo

The end is right, take the broom and sweep that coaching staff out of town. The Garden faithful is going to let torts know just where to go.

Nash, Calahan, Lundquist and they are doing shit. Its not like they have no talent. They have underachieved all year and I am really surprised they got in, which in itself saved him for the time being. I think he is toast.

The Vancouver Canucks have fired Vignault. Its official. http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22285572/report-alain-vigneault-fired-as-canucks-head-coach

I wonder who will be the replacement? Maybe Lindy? I hope so. I think he could get the job done there

They should have fired Gillis while they were at it. Vigneault is a good coach but his sell by date was up in Vancouver . He'll be wanted by a few teams out there and I wish him well wherever he ends up

They should have fired Gillis while they were at it. Vigneault is a good coach but his sell by date was up in Vancouver . He'll be wanted by a few teams out there and I wish him well wherever he ends up

Looking at it from the outside I must disagree Ally. I think Gillis put one hell of a team on the ice. A team that many coach's would have dreamt to have. Not enough during game coaching by Vignault. They need someone tougher. Someone that will scream at them if they make a mistake. Someone like Lindy. I say if you put Lindy behind that bench and change nothing, they will go deep.

Didn't mean to leave you hanging, Ally, just haven't been able to watch much hockey this week. I missed the Kings-Sharks game Tuesday due to a concert, so I missed the play you're talking about. I only saw the replay on Wednesday and yes, Dustin Penner was robbed of that goal. Not sure if that would have changed the outcome of the game. This series has the feel of one where the home team wins every game...which is why I picked it to go seven games. I had to work, so I missed all but the last 10 minutes of the game tonight.

The Rangers have only postponed the inevitable...Boston will apply the coup de grâce in game five. The surprise to me is the ease with which Detroit is handling Chicago. If the Blackhawks go down, it would have to rank as a major disappointment to Chicago fans.

Blackhawks came back to take the lead. Hoping they wipe out the Wings. One has to think the Pittsburgh and Boston series will be alot of scoring. If they get into a skate and shoot, you have to like Pittsburgh's chances.

After last nights game, you really do have to like Chicago's chances of finishing off the Wings

Looking forward to game 7 tonight between the Sharks and Kings in LA. It's been a home team series so far but I'm not going to try and predict this one .

After last nights game, you really do have to like Chicago's chances of finishing off the Wings

Looking forward to game 7 tonight between the Sharks and Kings in LA. It's been a home team series so far but I'm not going to try and predict this one .

Anything can happen and the pressure is on the Kings. I say Chicago will blow Detroit out in game 7. I have no idea how they got in that hole, but now they will be guns a blazin. A Chicago vs Pittsburgh final would give you the best offensive final in a long time. Some games could be 8-7. The Kings/Sharks winner will be more of a physical, checking type opponent. Boston certainly has a shot vs Pittsburgh and I never for one minute believed Rask was half as good as Thomas. So that means Boston must score more to overcome their regression in the nets. I think Pittsburgh finds a way and gets to the final with golden poster boy Crosby. They will get all the calls. I do not see the Sharks beating Chicago. The Kings could, but it wont be easy. If Detroit pulls the upset, the Kings/Sharks winner goes to the final in my book. But I do not see that happening. I am picking Chicago to win game 7 to the tune of 8-2.

Anything can happen and the pressure is on the Kings. I say Chicago will blow Detroit out in game 7. I have no idea how they got in that hole, but now they will be guns a blazin. A Chicago vs Pittsburgh final would give you the best offensive final in a long time. Some games could be 8-7. The Kings/Sharks winner will be more of a physical, checking type opponent. Boston certainly has a shot vs Pittsburgh and I never for one minute believed Rask was half as good as Thomas. So that means Boston must score more to overcome their regression in the nets. I think Pittsburgh finds a way and gets to the final with golden poster boy Crosby. They will get all the calls. I do not see the Sharks beating Chicago. The Kings could, but it wont be easy. If Detroit pulls the upset, the Kings/Sharks winner goes to the final in my book. But I do not see that happening. I am picking Chicago to win game 7 to the tune of 8-2.

I think goaltending is a bit suspect for both the Bruins and the Pens but for me, the health of the Bruins defencemen will be the biggest factor . If they are all able to go, then I like their chances of disrupting the Pens in the neutral zone and slowing down that offensive machine of theirs . If the Bruins can do that and also pressure the Pens in their own end, like we know they can, I like Boston's chances of winning the series. Like I said though, it'll all depend on the health of the Bruins defencemen.

Archived