The NHL Thread

wanna be drummer

Come on Blues

No soup for you! Hehe.

I was worried about the Kings not having home-ice advantage for their series against St. Louis, but they showed their grit and toughness in coming down from 2-0 in the series. In retrospect, this series was good for the Kings...it got them in tough, playoff mode immediately. They're starting to look like they did last spring when they won the Cup. Of course, it has helped that we started getting guys back healthy again...like Dustin Penner.

Hey Rick, still think Quick is a one-year wonder?

Ally, I don't know what to say...I really thought your Canucks had a shot against the Sharks. I sure didn't expect a sweep. It must be brutal listening to sports talk radio up there in Vancouver now. They must be demanding heads on a silver platter.

No soup for you! Hehe.

I was worried about the Kings not having home-ice advantage for their series against St. Louis, but they showed their grit and toughness in coming down from 2-0 in the series. In retrospect, this series was good for the Kings...it got them in tough, playoff mode immediately. They're starting to look like they did last spring when they won the Cup. Of course, it has helped that we started getting guys back healthy again...like Dustin Penner.

Hey Rick, still think Quick is a one-year wonder?

Ally, I don't know what to say...I really thought your Canucks had a shot against the Sharks. I sure didn't expect a sweep. It must be brutal listening to sports talk radio up there in Vancouver now. They must be demanding heads on a silver platter.

They are demanding heads Strider :lol: and like you, I thought we'd make it a series of it too . Even though I always knew we were not as good as years past, it took this series to prove just how far off the mark we really are. San Jose however were much better than I expected . With 3 strong lines and a deadly power play, they could be a legitimate threat to win the west as long as Neimi plays solid enough. I'm guessing though that you're hoping for a Ducks win today to set up a LA freeway series. I am too. Now that the Canucks are gone, I just want to see some great playoff match ups . That certainly would be :yesnod:

Leafs or Caps could be the 99 Sabres? A team that overachieved beyond belief and made it to the finals. I believe one will pull it off. i am not sold on Pittsburgh or Boston at all. But I do believe the Western team that gets in will win it. Chicago has the offense. LA has the goaltending. The Ducks may have both and need to dispose of these Red Wings. If they do I win two 3 teamers to boot.

How the hell did the Ducks manage to lose? Just learned they play Chicago. I say Chicago makes work of them in 6 or 5. San Jose and LA? Could go 7

Chicago should get by the Wings but if Crawford or Emery aren't on their game, the Wings could make it a series.

Hard for me to predict the LA / San Jose series. I like San Jose's forwards, especially the their 3 top class centermen, and they're power play but, the Canucks didn't test the Sharks defence and goaltending enough for me to make an honest determination of them. LA on the other hand, we all know what they'll bring to the table. If they're solid in their own end, don't take a lot of dumb penalty's like the Canucks did and Quick plays like he can, I like them to take the series.

This game for the Leafs is the biggest game they have played since the 99 conference finals vs my Sabres. I will be cheering for the Leafs all the way and I like their chances. I can only imagine what some of the Boston faithful are being offered for their tickets. I say some Leafs die hards would pay off the chart prices for scalp tickets. I would like to be out in front of the Boston arena two hours before puck drop to see some of the craziness.

GO LEAFS GO

I'm even watching this game (mostly because the O's are off and the Nats are on the left coast :D )

Go Caps!

At least I think I picked the Caps in this series... :unsure:

Oh, and don't worry about your Nats, E...they should be able to handle Donnie Baseball and the sinking Dodgers...and hit the clubs, bang some babes and work on their tans.

Fuck off, Toronto!

You don't have an ounce of class to make a post such as this. I am not a Leafs fan nor a horse's ass like you either.

My condolences Black Dawg. You know, Ottawa may just find a way to get out of the East. I say this is the best chance they have ever had vs the Penguins. The Cup will go to the west nonetheless

Put a fork in the Caps. They're done.

Good luck to the Rangers. King Henry was the difference.

Boston will be tough.

Another classic post season match up BD, Im sure it will happen again next season.

Archived