The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

Congratulations Spats, this is only what we've been telling you FOREVER. From now on, any advice we have, we'll just route through Bonnie, since you only seem to respond to her.

Matt: Spats, you need to initiate more

Spats: No, blah, blah, blah

Electrophile: Spats, you need to initiate more

Hermit: Spats, you need to initiate more

Bonnie: Spats, you need to initiate more

Spats: You really think so? Wow, you're right!

Yea but Bonnie said it's nice to intiate once in a while. And it clicked into my head that i don't intiate with even smaller things then asking someone on a date. And She wasn't saying it's the man's job to close the deal. Or "grow some balls". She wasn't telling me to be a miracle worker.

I just went to lunch with my dad and he asked me if I needed more water and when the waiter came by, I gave him my glass so it could be re-filled. If my dad hadn't brought it to my attention, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

You still need a punch and a drink to the face.

That's nice. But whenever i am out the waiter does it. if he is a good waiter. That's his job.

So asking for a number when a girl is clearly interested in you would require you to be a miracle worker? Yes, I agree you having any sense would be a miracle.

Dude, i told you that situation. I don't like hinting, i want a straight forward woman. The fact that she was hinting at it means she has the belief that it's not her job to do that. That it's the guys.

THAT IS NOT WHAT IT MEANS. FOR FUCK'S SAKE. IT MEANT SHE WANTED YOU TO ASK FOR HER NUMBER. THAT DOESN'T SPEAK TO WHAT SHE THINKS IS A MAN'S JOB OR A WOMAN'S JOB OR EVERYONE'S JOB OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT.

Do you possess the ability to crawl inside people's minds and be able to determine their thoughts/feelings/opinions on every subject under the sun?

No, you do need to grow some balls. Right now they're the size of frozen Raisinettes.

Well if you had the experiences i have had in my life you might be able to see where i am coming from.

Dude, i told you that situation. I don't like hinting, i want a straight forward woman. The fact that she was hinting at it means she has the belief that it's not her job to do that. That it's the guys.

Yeah, I know you told me the situation, and I think your reasoning is retarded. You complain about being in a slump, but it's sticking to a line of thinking like this that keeps you in your slump. YOUR FAULT.

Yeah, I know you told me the situation, and I think your reasoning is retarded. You complain about being in a slump, but it's sticking to a line of thinking like this that keeps you in your slump. YOUR FAULT.

I can be stubborn sometimes. If i believe in something with a passion i will stick with it. And i hate that thinking that some women have that it's a guys job. I can't stand it. So giving in to that thinking just makes me sick.

EVERYONE HAS BEEN REJECTED AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. THEY DON'T TURN IT INTO AN EXCUSE TO BE A SACKLESS WONDER. I WILL KEEP TYPING IN ALL CAPS UNTIL THIS GETS THROUGH YOUR SKULL.

But a lot of people don't have my track record. I got rejected in front of group of girls at school. That's as embarassing as it gets.

What is your rejection count. Have you asked guys out and did they reject you?

Givem hell spats. You are luckier than you know. No woman to tie you down. Once you get her you will think back and say, "man, what happened to my freedom?"

Last night i am out eating with friends and one of my buddies girlfriends starts calling him because she wanted him home by Midnight!! And we have to listen to the mini argument on the phone. And sure enough the dude gives in and went home. Putting a bit of a damper on our night. At moments like that i am glad i don't have a girlfriend but if it were me i would not be putting up with that nonsense so i still want a girlfriend right now. I haven't had one since 2006.

One of my other buddies is smarter about it and he has a pretty cool girlfriend and they have an agreement they will never argue in front of friends. Because it just looks bad. My buddy from last night should have done that.

What lame-o keeps track of the number of times they got shot down? I don't have the foggiest idea, I just know it's happened. And I got over it because life is too short to dwell on the things that didn't happen.

But you actually asked guys out on dates?

Some guys know there are fights worth fighting and fights worth leaving alone. This was obviously one of them. That doesn't say anything bad about either party. He went home. Big deal. Get over it.

It says to me that she should loosen up. She is not his mother. She is his girlfriend. If he wants to stay out past midnight he should be able to. He is too old to have a curfew. And he should not have wimped out to the pressure. We weren't out drinking or anything. We were just out eating burgers and fries .

Why do you give a damn? It's none of your business how he conducts his relationship, as long as it's not abusive. You shouldn't be imposing your batshit insane expectations on other people and expect them to adhere to them.

Because he is my friend and it shows it is not a healthy relationship. He used to have a lot more fun.

Archived