The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

If she showed as much interest as New Years girl, nothing would happen, because unless she asked you out, you wouldn't do anything about it.

I have explained the New years girl thing. She was hinting when she should just have asked to do the number thing. Whoever is doing the the hinting should be the one to speak up first.

I could always give her my number. I have been doing that lately. (with no success)

The problem with the girl in Pizza Pizza is if she is nice to you, how do you know if she is being nice to you because it's her job to be nice or if she really is interested in you? That's tough. Mixed signals could be sent.

BTW Spats, that women you were supposed to meet and then lied about who you were. If I understand a subsequent post of yours, you said the original plan was to go to a movie. DON'T EVER GO TO A MOVIE ON THE FIRST DATE, ESPECIALLY A BLIND DATE. I used to wait until the 4th or 5th date to do a movie, the later the better.

BTW Spats, that women you were supposed to meet and then lied about who you were. If I understand a subsequent post of yours, you said the original plan was to go to a movie. DON'T EVER GO TO A MOVIE ON THE FIRST DATE, ESPECIALLY A BLIND DATE. I used to wait until the 4th or 5th date to do a movie, the later the better.

Why?

I have explained the New years girl thing. She was hinting when she should just have asked to do the number thing. Whoever is doing the the hinting should be the one to speak up first.

I could always give her my number. I have been doing that lately. (with no success)

The problem with the girl in Pizza Pizza is if she is nice to you, how do you know if she is being nice to you because it's her job to be nice or if she really is interested in you? That's tough. Mixed signals could be sent.

You never give a girl your number. It doesn't work like that. You need to have the balls to ask, and call. A girl won't call, she simply won't do it. I learned that the hard way when I was young and stupid. Like you...

Why?

Movies are anti-social. You are supposed to sit and be silent, Then converse afterwards. You should be getting to know her first.

If you talk during the movie, you might ruin it for her, if you both want to talk, but won't because you are supposed to keep your mouth shut, there might be that odd feeling of "should I say something? Crack a joke?"

You never give a girl your number. It doesn't work like that. You need to have the balls to ask, and call. A girl won't call, she simply won't do it. I learned that the hard way when I was young and stupid. Like you...

That's what my buddies were saying. They said the girls are not gonna call. That they want you to call them. "Princess Mentality" they call it. But some here said not to listen to them and hand my number out. So i decided to go with the advice here instead of my buddies.

Movies are anti-social. You are supposed to sit and be silent, Then converse afterwards. You should be getting to know her first.

If you talk during the movie, you might ruin it for her, if you both want to talk, but won't because you are supposed to keep your mouth shut, there might be that odd feeling of "should I say something? Crack a joke?"

Yes but if on the first date you go somewhere where you half to talk and things aren't clicking than it's a long night. A movie takes the pressure off that. Then when the movie is over you can talk about the movie and hopefully that leads to other talk.

:lol:

You're right on the money!

Why not just have some business cards made? You can hand those out like a car salesman. I can see one reading like this:

****SPATS****

"Have rules, might not date you"

"Call for an interview today!"

"Will not work downtown"

1-800-NO LICK

You said to hand my number out.

It's better than waiting for them to come to you, but it still won't work. Bottom line, you have to grow some balls. You don't have to approach girls in bars and ask them out cold, but when you are talking to a girl and she's interested, you have to close the deal...like with the New Years girl.

Yes, I'm completely aware that I've just wasted my breath.

Yes but if on the first date you go somewhere where you half to talk and things aren't clicking than it's a long night. A movie takes the pressure off that. Then when the movie is over you can talk about the movie and hopefully that leads to other talk.

Not at all, wait until the appropriate time, and then find an out that will work for the both of you. Funny how I've never had a date like that. You can pretty much talk about anything, to anyone. Being offensive is a different story.

Movies are a bad idea. You need to work on other aspects of yourself if you can't be successful at regular dating.

It's ok to make changes to yourself.

Go figure... :rolleyes:

I'd rather eat the "other" box any time.

Oh behave!

Ha, Bento box, never heard of that but sushi has been tasting better than ever lately! Eel rolls are my favorite at he moment but anyway,

And Spats, kay..you not responding to phone messages, emails, texts, etc, that's just a plain annoyance to the people you know :P But seriously when you do that, it looks like you don't care and probably makes these women think they're insignificant in your life, so they'll just not talk to you at all. And you've only been to the pizza pizza place twice, she won't think anything of it.

Archived