The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

Aw, c'mon!

Sure, we all know that our advice is getting nowhere fast (reverse gear doesn't count). But HATE?? Nahh. I feel sorry for the poor guy more than anything else. Like I said earlier, you can lead a mule to water but you can't make him go downtown. Or something of that nature. :lol:

Musta been all those butt whippin's I got as a child that took the meanness out of me. :shifty:

I have taken some of the advice. I have been giving my number out a couple times. I Just haven't taken the advice of going the traditional guy route. Where i do all the work.

You know how in cartoons they'll show a thought bubble to illustrate what's going on in someone's brain? If a smart person is thinking really hard, the bubble will show a hamster running on a wheel perhaps. Spats' thought bubble would show a donkey sleeping in the mud, with flies buzzing around it.

You should put this in your sig, Matt. Or can I? :D:shifty:

I agree about having to get charged to go into clubs every weekend. That's a pain in the ass. But the girls there are smokin' hot! :P

I have tried to meet girls through friends and for the most part they don't have the greatest taste. The girl at the News Years party was cool but she has been in the minority. I tell them what i am looking for and they know what kind of girl interests me and yet they fail. They set me up with a couple girls on blind dates and i showed up to check them out with them knowing and bailed both times. Not good. And the worst was one time i was supposed to meet them at a downtown theatre. I ended up getting there first and was waiting and eventually see this girl looking at me who was not my physical type at all. And of course she heads over to me, comes up and asks... "are you (insert my real name here) and just on gut instinct i said "No" , she said "oh okay sorry" and then walked away to wait for me to show up. I waited for about 5 minutes and then left. It was sooooooo awkward. :o

:o That girl probably went home and cried! I can't believe you did that. And you say "Girls have no idea what it is to be rejected by the opposite sex." What the hell do you think you did to that girl!! Women get SEVERELY judged on their looks all the time, and there is TONS of pressure to be beautiful.

God, Spats, you can be such a jerk. I am dissappointed in you. :(

^I'm jealous, Bonnie.

I've been seriously re-thinking the shiny new computer thing myself...mine's starting to really fall apart...the DVD drive doesn't shut all the way, then when it pretends to, the cover gets snagged; my ?/ key fell off, and now it barely works, it's been running REALLY freakin' slow more and more lately...and it doesn't like to shut down when I select "turn off." Another reason is that I have a 16" screen, so when I take it to school with me, it's so big that it makes my backpack REALLY heavy, LOL. I'd like to have a DVD burner, too.

I'd love to have a new laptop with bluetooth too, so I can hook up my printer to print wherever I am in the house!

^I'm jealous, Bonnie.

I've been seriously re-thinking the shiny new computer thing myself...mine's starting to really fall apart...the DVD drive doesn't shut all the way, then when it pretends to, the cover gets snagged; my ?/ key fell off, and now it barely works, it's been running REALLY freakin' slow more and more lately...and it doesn't like to shut down when I select "turn off." Another reason is that I have a 16" screen, so when I take it to school with me, it's so big that it makes my backpack REALLY heavy, LOL. I'd like to have a DVD burner, too.

I'd love to have a new laptop with bluetooth too, so I can hook up my printer to print wherever I am in the house!

I had to, my old one was so slow. It was a lap-top that was 7 years old, so you can about imagine how tiny the hard drive was....sites were soooo slow to load, and I have DSL, so it was pretty sucky.

I got mine in 2005, so I'm getting a little archaic here. LOL

I have a slow processor, too. I didn't go for the gold when I bought the computer--as in I kind of wish I had gone big on the specs. Oh well. I had my other computer for about five years before I replaced it, LOL.

Our desktop sounds like it's going to take a dive soon..it starts working really, really hard when it's been sitting idle and there's no reason for it to be. I check to see if anything's running, and it says nothing unusual is running--and the CPU is being used 100%. I guess that's what we get for buying a VERY cheap desktop. LOL

Since I know NOTHING about computers, this time around I just sent my brother $1000 from my tax refund, and said "Get me something nice, without going over." He said that he got good enough specs to where I can play Warcraft with him, and it'll be "really fast". Lol. I have no idea how to play WoW, it looks hard. It's kinda weird getting used to this HUUUGE screen, and keys that are all there and don't stick.

I know--my keys are starting to go, LOL.

Since I use mine so much for school and because I'm a total loser and I live here....you know....it gets a lot of use. My harddrive is good though--I have like 26 GB left--so I'm not TOO worried--but I guess it will suck once I fill it up.

I have a TON of stuff saved on the harddrive--including random stupid pictures from the internet and ALL of my college coursework that is in electronic form. I also have TONS of teacher stuff.

One thing I'm not too keen on with a new computer though--replacing Word. I can't figure out how to do most of the stuff I normally do in the new Word program--not even "save as" when you're trying to save a copy, ugh!

:o That girl probably went home and cried! I can't believe you did that. And you say "Girls have no idea what it is to be rejected by the opposite sex." What the hell do you think you did to that girl!! Women get SEVERELY judged on their looks all the time, and there is TONS of pressure to be beautiful.

God, Spats, you can be such a jerk. I am dissappointed in you. :(

I doubt she got that upset about it. I don't think she knew it was me. And i don't think she ever knew that i backed out because i wasn't attracted to her. My friend told her i got held up and couldn't make it. She didn't know that she was rejected i don't think.

And i really believe that most girls don't know what rejection by the opposite sex is. They don't know what guys go through all of the time.

That was just my gut reaction. And you should usually go with that. I saved us money and time. I ended up going out and getting a bento box for myself instead. Otherwise my money would have been wasted on a movie and popcorn and a date going nowhere.

Seize some opportunities instead of finding ways to fail! (and then come here and brag about success for once!) ;)

Well, i have given my number out to 3 girls recently. Isn't that seizing opportunities? None called back though.

It's been a while since i had the opportunity to brag about anything involving women.

you need to learn how to get better communication skills or something first off..and everything will be breezy after that

Like how? I think i do have good ones. They have never hurt me before.

Archived