The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

I think we put out vibes that let people know how approachable we are. When you've been hurt, it can be easy to shut down, at least partially. Hey, everybody kick my ass now, because I am about to quote something I heard on Oprah: "Hurt people hurt people." Get it? Okay, bye for now :bagoverhead:

That saying of hers is right i think though. I have rejected girls before and i think some of the time i was subconciously thinking of it as some sort of revenge for the rejection i received from girls when i was a teenager. Except i was getting revenge on girls that had done nothing bad to me. Not good. :o

That saying of hers is right i think though. I have rejected girls before and i think some of the time i was subconciously thinking of it as some sort of revenge for the rejection i received from girls when i was a teenager. Except i was getting revenge on girsl that had done nothing bad to me. Not good. :o

Holy sh*t, that's one of the more insightful things you've ever said!

and a club is?

there probably isn't any ideal place to go up to someone. It's called balls Spats, grow some.

Yeah but tons of people go to clubs to meet the opposite sex. Pizza Pizza isn't really known for that.

Are you approaching guys at all these places? :blink:

Yeah but tons of rpeople go to clubs to meet the opposite sex. Pizza Pizza isn't really known for that.

Are you approaching guys at all these places? :blink:

Oh my God Spats.

No, I'm don't. Just saying you don't HAVE to be at a club to approach someone.

Nevermind, this is pointless.

Spats go to Pizza Pizza every single day and see if she gets the hint....but don't state, now that's just rude.

When i was there eating i couldn't concentrate on my food or my buddies conversation because i keep looking at her becuase she is so pretty. :o

That saying of hers is right i think though. I have rejected girls before and i think some of the time i was subconciously thinking of it as some sort of revenge for the rejection i received from girls when i was a teenager. Except i was getting revenge on girls that had done nothing bad to me. Not good. :o

Yes-----good post. Or you could just put up walls around yourself and not risk letting anyone hurt you under any circumstances. You're not hurting anyone else and they are not hurting you, right? I did that for a long time----it is not a great way to live----I am bringing it up because I don't recommend it.

I did that for a long time----it is not a great way to live----I am bringing it up because I don't recommend it.

I was that way for several months, but now I try to be free and not care too much about rejection, just don't invest too much of yourself when you hardly know the person, and rejection should just become a natural aspect of your quest to find the right woman.

You say and do a lot of things to limit yourself. I have never had a "one night stand" either. But a million years ago when I was a young person, I met someone who had a history that could be said to be more "colorful" than mine. There was alot of things I liked about her and we ended up having a long term relationship. She said she was glad I was not like some of the other guys she knew.

The point I am trying to make by all this is that everything with you seems way too conditional. And for God sakes, every girl/woman in the world expects you to express interest in them initially.

Yes, but i don't want to express interest in them until i know 100% for sure they are interested in me. Otherwise the guy looks like a complete idiot.

Back in the day in between my approaching days and me waiting for them to approach i would get my buddies to find out for sure if a girl was interested in me before i did absolutely anything. And even then when i found out they were i would make them wait/sweat it out. I guess it was that "getting revenge" thing.

What's the difference between Spats and an egg?

At least we know the egg got laid once.

I have got my share of action in the past. I am just in a slump. I have never been in a slump like this one.:o

I have rejected girls before and I think some of the time I was subconciously thinking of it as some sort of revenge for the rejection I received from girls when I was a teenager.

I think a good dose of George Costannza-isms from Seinfeld could be helpful: :D

george.jpg

"You can't break-up with me..... That's what I do, That's my job !"

And let's not forget this Seinfeld Quote:

"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."

And this exchange:

Mr. Lippman: It's come to my attention that you and the cleaning woman have engaged in sexual intercourse on the desk in your office. Is that correct?

George Costanza: Who said that?

Mr. Lippman: She did.

George Costanza: - - - - - - Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorence on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

Mr. Lippman: You're fired!

George Costanza: Well, you didn't have to say it like that.

Other Quotes from George:

It became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I've made in my entire life has been wrong. My life is the complete opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat - it's all been wrong.

-------------------------

Jerry: You can't keep avoiding her.

George Costanza: Why not? If she can't find me, she can't break up with me.

And finally with Kramer:

Cosmo Kramer: You're wasting your life.

George Costanza: I am not. What you call wasting, I call living. I'm living my life.

Cosmo Kramer: OK, like what? No, tell me. Do you have a job?

George Costanza: No.

Cosmo Kramer: You got money?

Cosmo Kramer: Do you have a woman?

Cosmo Kramer: Do you have any prospects?

Cosmo Kramer: You got anything on the horizon?

George Costanza: Uh, no.

Cosmo Kramer: Do you have any action at all?

Cosmo Kramer: Do you have any conceivable reason for even getting up in the morning?

George Costanza: I like to get the Daily News.

Seeing what George would say jusy kinda puts things into perspective. :)

I was that way for several months, but now I try to be free and not care too much about rejection, just don't invest too much of yourself when you hardly know the person, and rejection should just become a natural aspect of your quest to find the right woman.

But how often are women risking rejection? Guys are doing it everyday.

But how often are women risking rejection? Guys are doing it everyday.

For women, every time they encounter another woman, it's a case of acceptance or rejection, or degrees of total acceptance -- total rejection. Every meeting. So, you could say that women have much experience with rejection, although it may be more, much more, from the same sex....

Archived