The Spats Thread

Mattmc1973

What lame-o keeps track of the number of times they got shot down? I don't have the foggiest idea, I just know it's happened. And I got over it because life is too short to dwell on the things that didn't happen.

I haven't kept track of every single one but i can remember most of them in great detail as if they were yesterday.

Because he is my friend and it shows it is not a healthy relationship. He used to have a lot more fun.

If you think that's the sign of an unhealthy relationship, you don't know what an unhealthy relationship actually is. I've had friends go through abusive relationships, ones where drugs and alcohol played a large part.....this is not anywhere near that. Not even in the same area code.

Now if she's physically threatening him, beating him, being abusive....I can see you saying it's unhealthy. It's not unhealthy for a guy to go home because his girlfriend asked him to.

Are you this out of touch?

If you think that's the sign of an unhealthy relationship, you don't know what an unhealthy relationship actually is. I've had friends go through abusive relationships, ones where drugs and alcohol played a large part.....this is not anywhere near that. Not even in the same area code.

Now if she's physically threatening him, beating him, being abusive....I can see you saying it's unhealthy. It's not unhealthy for a guy to go home because his girlfriend asked him to.

Are you this out of touch?

Compared to that it's nothing but it's still not healthy. He is a grown man and she's not his mother. A grown man should not have to be home by a certain time. There is no baby at home to be taken care or anything.

Compared to that it's nothing but it's still not healthy. He is a grown man and she's not his mother. A grown man should not have to be home by a certain time. There is no baby at home to be taken care or anything.

If you don't give a fuck about your wife/girlfriend enough to WANT to be home with her you shouldn't be there in the first place. She's investing her life into being with you, she deserves as much in return.

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

No, it's not unhealthy. Repeat that ad nauseum.

BTW, Rock Action said what I wanted to say much better than I would have conveyed it. If you're living with me, if you're in a committed relationship with me, you should want to come home and be with me. So if it's 1 or 2 in the morning and I ask you to come home, you shouldn't tell me to basically "fuck off" and then hang up.

Are you sure you're male?

If you don't give a fuck about your wife/girlfriend enough to WANT to be home with her you shouldn't be there in the first place. She's investing her life into being with you, she deserves as much in return.

Dick. :rolleyes:

The dude was out having fun with his buddies which he does not get to do as much anymore for obvious reasons. She should leave him alone and let him have some fun. It's not as if he is out every single night.

No, it's not unhealthy. Repeat that ad nauseum.

BTW, Rock Action said what I wanted to say much better than I would have conveyed it. If you're living with me, if you're in a committed relationship with me, you should want to come home and be with me. So if it's 1 or 2 in the morning and I ask you to come home, you shouldn't tell me to basically "fuck off" and then hang up.

Are you sure you're male?

I am a male. And a male in my eyes would not turn around and say "yes dear" and slink off home. She needs to let him have some fun with his buddies every now and then.

The dude was out having fun with his buddies which he does not get to do as much anymore for obvious reasons. She should leave him alone and let him have some fun. It's not as if he is out every single night.

Well I still say that a relationship means being with each other. Sure, I go out and play with my band now and then, but I either invite the wife along, or at least come home at a reasonable time and not blasted outta my mind. Much. :lol:

Not because she nags me. Because I WANT to.

I am a male. And a male in my eyes would turn around and say "yes dear" and slink off home. She nneds to let him have some fun with his buddies every now and then.

So it's not manly to come home to your girlfriend when she asks? Praytell, what other things aren't "manly"?

I'm dying to hear this.

Wait a minute, before we get too far down this road, what does your buddy's girlfriend and his relationship have to do with anything? OK, maybe he has a controlling or insecure girlfriend, I've been there myself, but so what?

It's called a diversion. ;)

Good God!

This thread is a load of fun-and-bullshit!!

Everyone has some great, intelligent advices but this Spats is too dumb to understand the fucking logic!

Someone should start a sort of Top 40 of all his "Best" Worst comments-or-line!!

I wish you could post a picture of yourself, Spats!!!

p.s.: I think you're a desperate case. If you want my advice, think about becoming a monk.

So it's not manly to come home to your girlfriend when she asks? Praytell, what other things aren't "manly"?

I'm dying to hear this.

It should not even get to the point of her asking him to come home. Let him be. He is a grown man. The dude is out with the boys. She knows where he is. He is not out drinking and driving or anything like that. Just hanging out with friends. He has his own keys to get in.

It should not even get to the point of her asking him to come home. Let him be. He is a grown man. The dude is out with the boys. She knows where he is. He is not out drinking and driving or anything like that. Just hanging out with friends. He has his own keys to get in.

Answer the question.

Wait a minute, before we get too far down this road, what does your buddy's girlfriend and his relationship have to do with anything? OK, maybe he has a controlling or insecure girlfriend, I've been there myself, but so what?

Someone here said to me to maybe appreciate being single because i have my freedom to do what i want. And i was telling him that some of my buddies relationships sometimes make me glad i am single. And i gave him an example and then some people responded to that. That's all.

Archived